Another Circular Circular.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Another Circular Circular.

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

Apparently due to the pandemic, the JWs have taken to mailing out their circulars rather than knocking on doors and handing them out personally or leaving them in mailboxes if they get no answer. The latest I've gotten in the mail asks, "How do you view the future?" As is often the case, the first part refers to the Bible to answer the question on the cover and the second part purports to answer the question, "Can we really believe what the Bible says?" Oddly the second part contains a total of eight biblical references to support the claim that one can.

Does it make logical sense to accept the verses supporting the Bible as evidence the Bible should be believed?

Do some who receive this circular circular not notice its circular nature?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Another Circular Circular.

Post #121

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:37 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:27 am
Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:17 am ... I refuse to answer the door ...
No harm no foul.

JW
Of course there's a foul. Leaving circulars in a U.S. Postal mailbox that aren't sent through U.S. mail is illegal. ...

I have never done that; and I am certain our organisation has never instructed anyone to . I hope that any Witnesses that do break the law in this regard were swiftly brought to justice. We have been instructed to send letters through the post which is what I do.

Source: Reddit

RELATED POSTS

How extensive are Jehovah's Witness letter writing champaigns?
viewtopic.php?p=1058561#p1058561

What are Jehovah's Witnesses literature stands?
viewtopic.php?p=1058509#p1058509
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #122

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:44 am
Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:37 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:27 am
Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:17 am ... I refuse to answer the door ...
No harm no foul.

JW
Of course there's a foul. Leaving circulars in a U.S. Postal mailbox that aren't sent through U.S. mail is illegal. ...

I have never done that; and I am certain our organisation has never instructed anyone to . I hope that any Witnesses that do break the law in this regard were swiftly brought to justice. We have been instructed to send letters through the post which is what I do.
Sure, in an organization that refuses to address sexual abuse you expect JWs to be brought to justice for breaking U.S. postal laws? Seriously?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #123

Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:48 am .... you expect JWs to be brought to justice for breaking U.S. postal laws? Seriously?
I'm always serious about serious matters. But getting back to the OP, my expectations were not mentioned as the topic for discussion. Was the pamphlet you received sent illegally?

Tcg wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:47 am .

Apparently due to the pandemic, the JWs have taken to mailing out their circulars rather than knocking on doors and handing them out personally or leaving them in mailboxes if they get no answer. The latest I've gotten in the mail asks, "How do you view the future?"

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Tcg
Savant

Post #124

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #121]

Nice edit. More landfill fodder. I especially like the personal touch "The Resident."

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #125

Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:02 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #121]

... I especially like the personal touch "The Resident."
Yes, me too. I also always hand write my letters although some of our older folk and those with handicaps are simply unable to do so.

Source: https://www.thewesterlysun.com/news/cov ... bcba1.html

JW

RELATED POSTS
How extensive are Jehovah's Witness letter writing campaigns?

What kind of letters do Jehovah's Witnesses write when preaching by mail?
viewtopic.php?p=1058553#p1058553

Have Jehovahs Witnesses been instructed to respect mailing regulations?
viewtopic.php?p=1059258#p1059258

Where can I download Jehovahs Witness literature [pamphlets and books] for free? [This post]
viewtopic.php?p=1058426#p1058426

Have suspended their door-to-door outreach work?
viewtopic.php?p=1056892#p1056892
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

"PANDEMIC" PREACHING, LETTER WRITING and ... JW's LEAFLET DISTRIBUTION
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:26 am, edited 8 times in total.

Tcg
Savant

Post #126

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:04 am

Nice edit. More landfill fodder. I especially like the personal touch "The Resident."

Tcg
Yes, me too. I also always hand write my letters although some of our older folk and those with handicaps are simply unable to do so.

JW
None of this addresses the perfectly unpersonal aspect of mailings addressed to "The Resident." It's no different than the mass spam mailings sent out by other organizations.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #127

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:00 am I'm always serious about serious matters. But getting back to the OP, my expectations were not mentioned as the topic for discussion. Was the pamphlet you received sent illegally?
How serious are you about addressing the sexual abuse that occurs within your organization?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #128

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:04 am

... I especially like the personal touch "The Resident."

Source: https://www.thewesterlysun.com/news/cov ... bcba1.html
Ah, yes. Look at the happy couple thrilled that they no longer have to walk the streets to fulfill their monthly time quotas.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #129

Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 am

None of this addresses the perfectly unpersonal aspect of mailings addressed to "The Resident." It's no different than the mass spam mailings sent out by other organizations.

Tcg
I see what you mean. Yes, it is usually best to put the householders name if possible.

Source: twitter

RELATED POSTS
How extensive are Jehovah's Witness letter writing campaigns?

What kind of letters do Jehovah's Witnesses write when preaching by mail?
viewtopic.php?p=1058553#p1058553

Have Jehovahs Witnesses been instructed to respect mailing regulations?
viewtopic.php?p=1059258#p1059258

Where can I download Jehovahs Witness literature [pamphlets and books] for free? [This post]
viewtopic.php?p=1058426#p1058426

Have suspended their door-to-door outreach work?
viewtopic.php?p=1056892#p1056892
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES , LETTER WRITING and ... PANDEMIC WITNESSING,
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tcg
Savant

Post #130

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:17 am
Tcg wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:09 am

Tcg
I'see what you mean. Yes it is usually best to put the householders name if possible.
Sure, a simple Google search, just like the ones used by SPAM phone callers, adds that personal touch. Do you want to lower your utility bills? Do you want to reduce your credit card interest rate? Do you want to find Jesus? All are as equally personal.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom