Another Circular Circular.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Another Circular Circular.

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

Apparently due to the pandemic, the JWs have taken to mailing out their circulars rather than knocking on doors and handing them out personally or leaving them in mailboxes if they get no answer. The latest I've gotten in the mail asks, "How do you view the future?" As is often the case, the first part refers to the Bible to answer the question on the cover and the second part purports to answer the question, "Can we really believe what the Bible says?" Oddly the second part contains a total of eight biblical references to support the claim that one can.

Does it make logical sense to accept the verses supporting the Bible as evidence the Bible should be believed?

Do some who receive this circular circular not notice its circular nature?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Another Circular Circular.

Post #81

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:50 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:45 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:40 am
Have you contacted the publishers about the obvious confusion in their references to the Psalms plural when referring to a Psalm singular?
No, I have yet to be shown any evidence the publishers Jehovah's Witness literature have made the "error" you speak about. Do you have an example from the official website to show me?
You've presented it for us ...

I have not presented anything from the official Jehovahs Witness website that references the Psalms incorrectly.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #82

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:57 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:50 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:45 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:40 am
Have you contacted the publishers about the obvious confusion in their references to the Psalms plural when referring to a Psalm singular?
No, I have yet to be shown any evidence the publishers Jehovah's Witness literature have made the "error" you speak about. Do you have an example from the official website to show me?
You've presented it for us ...

I have not presented anything from the official Jehovahs Witness website that references the Psalms incorrectly.
Of course, you have. The image you've stripped off from this conversation reveals it.

Another reminder it is the Psalms plural, a Psalm singular. It'd be like saying the gospels of John is such and such and so forth. The fact is that the anonymous gospel John is a single book. The proper phrase would be the gospel (singular) John.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #83

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:11 am

Of course, you have. The image you've stripped off from this conversation reveals it.

You mean this one ...?

The post cards are NOT from the Watchtower Society they are from ETSY. ETSY is a an online shopping site not affiliated with the Watchtower in any way.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1100371 ... ecQAvD_BwE

My bad I should have sourced the image, sorry.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Tcg
Savant

Post #84

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:14 am
You mean this one ...?

The post cards are NOT from the Watchtower Society they are from ETSY. ETSY is a an online shopping site not affiliated with the Watchtower in any way.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1100371 ... ecQAvD_BwE

My bad I should have sourced the image, sorry.

JW
Odd then that you'd suggest this as a resolution:

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:09 am
HOW TO CONTACT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Anyone wishing to contact Jehovahs Witnessess to give advise on printing or to make an enquiry can find the relevant contact information on the official JW website www.jw.org
Why would you suggest contacting www.jw.org. if they were not responsible for the image you posted?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #85

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:22 am Why would you suggest contacting www.jw.org. if they were not responsible for the image you posted?

Tcg

Because you suggested contacting them, I thought it was because you wanted to help them avoid the error *I* had made.

I'm sorry for the confusion it was entirely my fault for not sourcing the ETSY image. I usually do and it was an oversight on my part. So to clarify, the Watchtower society do not publish the cards I featured. Individual Witnesses make (or buy) cards and write letters to send to those they wish to contact. The Watchtower publications can ONLY be accessed on the official Jehovahs Witness website.

Again my sincere apologies for the confusion, my bad!

JW

Tcg
Savant

Post #86

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:38 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:22 am []
Why would you suggest contacting www.jw.org. if they were not responsible for the image you posted?

Tcg

Because hou suggested contacting them.
I didn't (hou?) suggest contacting them.

I'm sorry for the confusion it ds entirely my fault for not sourcing the ETSY image. I usually do and it was an oversight on my part. So to clarify, the Watchtower society do not publiés the cards I featured. Individual Witnesses make (or buy) cards and write letters to send to those they wish to contact, the Watchtower publications can only be assessed on the official Jehovahs Witness website.

Again my sincere apologie,

JW
This is almost completely incomprehensible. Regardless, it doesn't address the circular nature of this circular circular.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #87

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:46 am

This is almost completely incomprehensible.
Sorry about that, I will try to be clearer: The Watchtower Bible and Tract society, the corporation used by the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, did not produce the cards featured in the image.

JW

RELATED POSTS

What is jw.org?
viewtopic.php?p=1013799#p1013799

Tcg
Savant

Post #88

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:49 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:46 am

This is almost completely incomprehensible.
Sorry about that, I will try to be cleaer: The Watchtower Bible and Tract society, the corporation used by the governing body of Jehovahs Witnesses, did not produce the cards featured in the image.
JW
And yet you, clearly a representative of JWs given your avatar ID and all, presented the cards in an attempt to support their, your, position.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #89

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:54 am

And yet you, clearly a representative of JWs ...
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses affliliated with the publishers by faith (ie we have the same religion) but I am not a representative of The Watchtower Bible & Tract societythat publishes JW literature.

For more on this point see LINK
viewtopic.php?p=820181#p820181

JW

FURTHER READING: Jehovah's Witnesses Who Are We?
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/vide ... -we-intro/

RELATED POSTS
What is the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 41#p898341

What year as the WBTS formed?
viewtopic.php?p=1022875#p1022875

Are all of Jehovahs Witnesses part of the Watchtower Society? [WTS]
viewtopic.php?p=1045242#p1045242

How can I CONTACT Jehovah's Witnesses ?
viewtopic.php?p=1058289#p1058289

What is jw.org?
viewtopic.php?p=1013799#p1013799
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tcg
Savant

Post #90

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:03 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:54 am
And yet you, clearly a representative of JWs ...
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses affliliated with the publishers by faith (ie we have the same religion) but I am not a representative of the Watchtower Bible & Tract society that publishes JW literature.
JW

Perhaps, but this still does not resolve the circular nature of the circular your organization and you as an individual JW pushes.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom