Another Circular Circular.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Another Circular Circular.

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

Apparently due to the pandemic, the JWs have taken to mailing out their circulars rather than knocking on doors and handing them out personally or leaving them in mailboxes if they get no answer. The latest I've gotten in the mail asks, "How do you view the future?" As is often the case, the first part refers to the Bible to answer the question on the cover and the second part purports to answer the question, "Can we really believe what the Bible says?" Oddly the second part contains a total of eight biblical references to support the claim that one can.

Does it make logical sense to accept the verses supporting the Bible as evidence the Bible should be believed?

Do some who receive this circular circular not notice its circular nature?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Another Circular Circular.

Post #91

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:54 am

And yet you, clearly a representative of JWs ...
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:13 am
Perhaps ...

There is no "perhaps " about it. There is only fact, if by "representative of JWs" you mean : a member or a representaive of the publishing corporation of the WBTS, it is a FACT that I am not.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #92

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:22 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:54 am And yet you, clearly a representative of JWs ...
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:13 am
Perhaps ...
There is no "perhaps " about it. There is only fact, I am not a member or a prepresntaive[sic] of the publishing corporation of the WBTS.
JW
I never suggested you were. I revealed the fact that you presented images that you are now denying were a vital part of your argumentation.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #93

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 am
I never suggested you were.
Then what did you mean "representative of JWs" ?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Tcg
Savant

Post #94

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:33 am
Are you denying that you are a JW?

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #95

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:36 am

Tcg

Why do you ask? Are you trying to say that when you say a "representative of JWs" you simply meant being one of Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Tcg
Savant

Post #96

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:38 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:36 am

Tcg
Why do you ask?
I ask because I expect an honest answer.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #97

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:41 am

I ask because I expect an honest answer.
I have the same expectations.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:33 am Then what did you mean "representative of JWs" ?

If by "representative of JWs" you simply mean being one of Jehovah's Witnesses (but speaking ONLY for myself) then I would say that is a slightly misleading way of putting it. A REPRESENTATIVE is a person who represents another person or a group. I speak ONLY for myself and my, posts represent only what I believe. I do not speak for any other Witness and certaintly not for all Witnesses.

That said, obviously as one of Jehovah's Witnesses I recognize that what I do and say will be associated with others that share my faith and (more importantly) my God Jehovah. Regarding the latter, I can say that I represent JEHOVAH in the sense that as a Christian I believe I have been commissioned to share a message of divine origin contained in his word the bible (see Mat 28:19, 20)

JW

RELATED POSTS

Who is an JW online agent?
viewtopic.php?p=820181#p820181

Do any posters on this forum represent Jehovahs Witnesses
viewtopic.php?p=1058318#p1058318

Are Jehovah's Witness ministers paid for the preaching they do ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 80#p912080

How is the work of Jehovahs Witneses financed?
viewtopic.php?p=893936#p893936
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES , FINANCES and ... CHURCH LEADERSHIP
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #98

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Tcg wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:47 am
No, that doesn't work for me. There are some who may make the mistake of accepting the unverifiable promises in this circular circular. Some who make that mistake may then go on to attempting to convince others to accept the same unverifiable promises.
Not really. We all know that the average atheist is smarter than the average Christian.

The average atheist has this superpower, where they can spot an unverified, religious fallacy from a mile away...so no mistake will be made of accepting any religious mumbo.

And speaking of unverified, im still waiting for you to prove your unverified claim of basically, "when you die, that's it, nothing happens".

Gon head and do that for me.
Folks need to be aware of the weakness of the argument being presented in this and other Christian claims.
"Never fear, Captain Atheist is here"

:lol:
Christians aren't likely to do this, so it is left to others to do so. I'm glad to play my part in this effort.
Actually, we do do this. There are many websites, articles, and videos which are dedicated to pointing out flaws in JW logic and theology.
Beyond that you've given me no direction as to what to do with my godless nights. Here's an idea. I'll do what I please with both my days and nights.

Simple right?
Do you.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #99

Post by JoeyKnothead »

benchwarmer wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:58 pm Not only is this preaching to the choir, it seems like you are trying to steal from the other choirs :D
Robbing from Peter to preach to Paul?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Tcg
Savant

Post #100

Post by Tcg »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:29 am
Tcg wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:47 am
Folks need to be aware of the weakness of the argument being presented in this and other Christian claims.
"Never fear, Captain Atheist is here"
Nope. Simply looking out for the welfare of fellow humans. Some will fall for circular arguments like the one found is this circular without noticing they are based on a logical fallacy.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom