Vaccines and Religion

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Vaccines and Religion

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

A new report reveals that 1 in 10 Americans say that COVID-19 vaccines conflict with their religious belief:
1 in 10 Americans say the COVID-19 vaccine conflicts with their religious beliefs

Only 10% of Americans believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine conflicts with their religious beliefs, and 59% of Americans say too many people are using religious beliefs as an excuse not to get vaccinated, a new survey from the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) and the Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) shows.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/09/10626553 ... exemptions
How could health care issues conflict with religious beliefs?

Were vaccines in the past rejected due to religious beliefs?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Vaccines and Religion

Post #21

Post by Goat »

1213 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:16 am
Goat wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:40 am ...It does not alter the DNA. What it does is provoke the production of antibodies in the system, exactly like your system would do if you got sick with the virus. Your body gets trained to recognize the proteins that an infection would provide, and produce counter measures. That is how getting resistance to diseases work.
Sorry, by what CDC says, I think I am right. mRNA vaccines causes cells to produce virus protein, which obviously is not in the cells own normal code.

“Messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines teach our cells how to make a protein that will trigger an immune response inside our bodies.”
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... /mrna.html

So, the vaccine itself doesn’t provoke the production of antibodies, it provokes the body to produce virus proteins. And they hope that the produced virus proteins then provoke the production of antibodies. In traditional vaccines virus proteins are injected to body to provoke the production of antibodies, without the need to change cells to make the virus proteins.

When cells don’t normally produce virus proteins, because it is not in the DNA, I think it is altering the DNA. But, maybe it is inaccurate to say it alters DNA and better would be to say, it overwrites DNA, how else could cells produce something that is not in DNA?
I am sorry you are totally misunderstanding how infection, and the production of antibodies works. You are taking what is said by the CDC, and then imposing your incorrect preconceptions on it. IT doe snot 'overwrite dna', It causes a response to spikes in the MRna, but the ability to provide that response to foreign agents is already in the DNA.

It's even WORSE when a virus infects you Unlike the Mrna vaccines, those viruses do enter the cells. Covid does not invade the nucleus, but there are retroviruses that do enter the nucleus. The thing about Mina viruses they do not enter cells, but the provike reactions from B-Cell, also known as 'white cells'. However, they do not enter the cell, and are you can not get an infection from Mrna vaccines.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

brunumb
Savant

Post #22

Post by brunumb »

1213 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:16 am I have had the virus already. I know many who have had it, so I am familiar with it. Don't need to rely on information from internet. :D
The virus affects people to greatly varying degrees, from mild symptoms all the way up to death. It would actually help your understanding of the issue to actually get broader information than just relying on your personal experience.
1213 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:16 am It is interesting that 2020 in Finland 66 under 70 years old people died for it allegedly. It is about 1/70000. There was over two times bigger risk to die in road accident. Still, for some reason government has not forced everyone to use sumo-suit and helmet always, which is surprising.
People wearing seat-belts still may die in road accidents. Does that mean that seat-belts do not save lives? Of course not. The dead and their families do not give a toss about statistics. Vaccination is a necessity in the battle against this virus and that's what matters.
1213 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:16 am But, didn't you know that people who have had the vaccines can also transmit it? I understand that protecting others can be good reason to do something. But in this case the vaccine doesn’t seem to do that, according to:
“The newly released report showing that vaccinated people can still be superspreaders drove the recent decision by the CDC to once again recommend masks for vaccinated people indoors where case counts are high or substantial.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-r ... ar-AAML2bE
Vaccination is not 100% effective but it does reduce the number of infections and the viral load. Where case counts are high and people are indoors then everyone is more vulnerable to possible infection. Masks are a common sense means of limiting the spread.
1213 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:16 am Even if they could prevent, I think it is wrong to blame unvaccinated and try to force them to take it. Everyone who fears the virus and believes in the vaccine is free to take it and If the vaccine really works, there shouldn’t be any problem, if someone doesn’t take it.
The virus is most likely to infect unvaccinated people and they are most likely to then cause it to spread further. The problem with letting the virus propagate unchecked is that the more it multiplies the more likely that variants will emerge through natural mutation. We already have two such variants, delta and omega, that are putting additional strain in the battle against the virus. Reducing virus populations is one way of combating this. What we don't want is a variant to emerge that is particularly virulent and immune to everything we have available to throw at it. We should be really grateful that a fairly effective vaccine was found as quickly as it was, but that may not be the case in future. (If you want to be really concerned, check out the dangers we are facing in relation to infections from highly resistant fungi)
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Savant

Post #23

Post by 1213 »

brunumb wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:02 pm ...
Vaccination is not 100% effective but it does reduce the number of infections and the viral load. Where case counts are high and people are indoors then everyone is more vulnerable to possible infection. Masks are a common sense means of limiting the spread...
The problem with that for me, is that I have not seen any good evidence or proof for that.

Savant

Post #24

Post by 1213 »

Goat wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:26 am ...IT doe snot 'overwrite dna', It causes a response to spikes in the MRna, but the ability to provide that response to foreign agents is already in the DNA. ...
Where do you get the idea that "It causes a response to spikes in the mRNA"? By what I have understood, the vaccine causes cells to produce the spike protein of the virus. And then that spike protein causes immune response, if everything goes well.

Savant

Post #25

Post by 1213 »

Athetotheist wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:54 am ...You think that's bad?...
I don't think it is good how the mRNA vaccine works, but, my opinion is irrelevant here. I believe we see is it good in after 5 years, hopefully I am wrong.

brunumb
Savant

Post #26

Post by brunumb »

1213 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:26 pm
brunumb wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:02 pm ...
Vaccination is not 100% effective but it does reduce the number of infections and the viral load. Where case counts are high and people are indoors then everyone is more vulnerable to possible infection. Masks are a common sense means of limiting the spread...
The problem with that for me, is that I have not seen any good evidence or proof for that.
Of course you haven't. How foolish of me to even contemplate otherwise.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

brunumb
Savant

Post #27

Post by brunumb »

1213 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:27 pm
Goat wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:26 am ...IT doe snot 'overwrite dna', It causes a response to spikes in the MRna, but the ability to provide that response to foreign agents is already in the DNA. ...
Where do you get the idea that "It causes a response to spikes in the mRNA"? By what I have understood, the vaccine causes cells to produce the spike protein of the virus. And then that spike protein causes immune response, if everything goes well.
So you would prefer to have the virus invading your body and using your cells to replicate itself instead. Fair enough.

brunumb
Savant

Post #28

Post by brunumb »

I don't think it is good how the mRNA vaccine works, but, my opinion is irrelevant here. I believe we see is it good in after 5 years, hopefully I am wrong.
It will be interesting to see what sinister long term consequences to having been infected with covid emerge in 5 years.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #29

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Tcg wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:11 pm .

A new report reveals that 1 in 10 Americans say that COVID-19 vaccines conflict with their religious belief:
1 in 10 Americans say the COVID-19 vaccine conflicts with their religious beliefs

Only 10% of Americans believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine conflicts with their religious beliefs, and 59% of Americans say too many people are using religious beliefs as an excuse not to get vaccinated, a new survey from the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) and the Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) shows.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/09/10626553 ... exemptions
How could health care issues conflict with religious beliefs?

Were vaccines in the past rejected due to religious beliefs?

Tcg
Well, if one has a bias for truth, versus the lies of Fauci, then they can consider their beliefs in a religious sense of truth versus lies, light versus darkness. Fauci said that there was no reason to believe the flu came from Wuhan, yet his organization had funded the creation of just such a covid in the Wuhan lab. Fauci said masks were of little help, then said he was lying. He said it would take two weeks to get it in control, and now, he is talking getting vaccines every 6 months, even though the vaccine doesn't keep you from getting the virus or from spreading it. One large study came to the conclusion that getting the virus, provides up to 28 times higher immune response than getting the vaccine. Which would point to getting the now low symptom new variant. One study showed that heart problems were higher when getting a shot, than from getting the flue. From the reports I have seen, only 1 person has died from the new variant, whereas the yearly US death numbers from cardiovascular disease is 800,000, yet people were given fast food if they got a shot. At first Biden and Harris said they couldn't trust a shot because Trump had pushed through the development. These people and their fear mongering followers are killing themselves by means of high blood pressure and suicide. As for vaccines in the past, they actually gave people an immunity to getting a disease, with a proofed minimum number of complications. As for Covid, more young people die from driving, and suicide than getting covid. If you are young and healthy, there is no reason for the government to force a shot on anyone. Actually, it would give the country a herd immunity if the young simply got immunized by getting the weak virus variant. Sweden didn't shut down, and their covid rates are a percentage of the US rates. Michigan shut down, and now their hospitalizations are requiring the hospitals to request the national guard to help them out. The lowest hospitalization is in Florida, which did not shut down, and they are fighting the Feds with respect to mandates. I mean, people can follow the science, or they can follow the political science of Fauci and Biden, who I am not sure who is pulling his strings, but they appear to have a godless/Marxist means of operating. And yes, Marxist is a hard-core religious type of belief, whereas if you follow me, you can go down the path of the yellow brick road. It is the fascist who regulate free speech, and close down other opinions.

Miles
Savant

Post #30

Post by Miles »

brunumb wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:11 pm
It will be interesting to see what sinister long term consequences to having been infected with covid emerge in 5 years.
Indeed it will.

As of today (12/13/21)
"More than 120,000 coronavirus cases are emerging each day as conditions continue to worsen, especially in the Great Lakes region and in the Northeast.

Cases, deaths and hospitalizations are rising nationally, but remain below the levels seen during the summer and during last winter’s peak."

U. S. Covid-19 stats as of 12/11/21

Reported cases:..........................49,929,628
Deaths: ..........................................796,175
Deaths daily ave. ................................1,298
Hospitalized daily ave.........................65,962

% fully vaccinated....................................61
source