Vaccines and Religion

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Vaccines and Religion

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

A new report reveals that 1 in 10 Americans say that COVID-19 vaccines conflict with their religious belief:
1 in 10 Americans say the COVID-19 vaccine conflicts with their religious beliefs

Only 10% of Americans believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine conflicts with their religious beliefs, and 59% of Americans say too many people are using religious beliefs as an excuse not to get vaccinated, a new survey from the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) and the Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) shows.

https://www.npr.org/2021/12/09/10626553 ... exemptions
How could health care issues conflict with religious beliefs?

Were vaccines in the past rejected due to religious beliefs?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Vaccines and Religion

Post #61

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Goat wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:22 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:30 pm
Yeah, USA today is a bastion of truth and the American way: https://iotwreport.com/usa-today-hammer ... fake-news/ As for your USA today obfuscating report, an ex-vice president of Pfizer, is bringing charges against Fauci, along with Bill Gates, etc., in the World Court. And it was Fauci who lied to the Senate when he said he did not fund gain of function to Wuhan. He thought he was safe, because he had changed the definition of gain of function, but the questioning had gone beyond simply the term used and narrowed in on the purpose of the funding. That will probably not be brought to court until 2022. https://headlineusa.com/fauci-big-pharm ... -humanity/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... b-funding/
No, your backing of Fauci, and using a proven propaganda machine for your reference, is not putting you in a good light. Fauci may or may not escape justice, but his followers will certainly reap the results of his political based edicts.
Compared to world news daily, yes USA today is reasonable.

And, you are ignoring Reuters.

But, then you go into using 'headline usa'... a site that uses loaded terms and far right extremism in it's headlines. Sorry, but that reinforces my point.

For example, the rating about usa today is
Overall, we rate USA Today Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean news reporting fact check record.
and compare that with 'world net daily' and you get
Overall, we rate WND Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories, and numerous failed fact checks.

And, headlineusa is a site registered via Iceland. Between that, and the loaded terms they use in their headlines make the source suspect.
If Reuters is a news agency, why didn't they report on the Hunter Biden laptop, which should have been top news, yet apparently report on AOC's merch store, which could be liked to a commercial ad, with them as a possible beneficiary of the financial proceeds, or a supporter of far-left Progressive politicians.
https://defconnews.com/2021/07/20/reute ... real-news/
As for "headlineusa" they are a competitor of WND, which is a good reason to expect bias on their part. That they buried the Hunter Biden laptop story, seals the case.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #62

Post by Goat »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:09 am

If Reuters is a news agency, why didn't they report on the Hunter Biden laptop, which should have been top news, yet apparently report on AOC's merch store, which could be liked to a commercial ad, with them as a possible beneficiary of the financial proceeds, or a supporter of far-left Progressive politicians.
As for "headlineusa" they are a competitor of WND, which is a good reason to expect bias on their part. That they buried the Hunter Biden laptop story, seals the case.
So you don't like those sources because they ignored a story that was a political hack job?
Ok
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #63

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Goat wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 am

So you don't like those sources because they ignored a story that was a political hack job?
Ok
That sounds like the rhetoric of a progressive party leftist. By suppressing the story, which linked Biden financially to China, many people voted for Biden because they were not informed, thinking he was a docile old man, with centrist tendencies. That sounds like bias reporting, which of course, is fine and dandy with the left, as long as it supports their cause. They also to do not report on low-cost therapies for covid, which can suppress the virus, and when used in conjunction with each other, can suppress it apparently 99%. The use of cow's milk alone, can suppress the virus by around 35%. A milk a day, can keep the doctor away. You seem to miss the real news by holding on to your biased news sources. https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/cows-milk-c ... ush-covid/
You are what you eat. If you follow biased news, you become biased. Much like "Christians", who follow the commentary of the Pharisee of Pharisees, whose product is the leaven/hypocrisy of their religion per Matthew 16.

brunumb
Savant

Post #64

Post by brunumb »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am You are what you eat. If you follow biased news, you become biased.
I'm wondering if you recognise the irony in that statement coming from you.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #65

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

brunumb wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:43 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am You are what you eat. If you follow biased news, you become biased.
Hey, I heard Australia has now cancelled Fauci, saying lock downs don't work, and he should know, and you can go out after dark and put out your trash without getting arrested. Of course, that was apparently from the prime minister, and left leaning Melbourne will probably remain locked in the gages of their own minds.

brunumb
Savant

Post #66

Post by brunumb »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:10 pm
Hey, I heard Australia has now cancelled Fauci, saying lock downs don't work, and he should know, and you can go out after dark and put out your trash without getting arrested. Of course, that was apparently from the prime minister, and left leaning Melbourne will probably remain locked in the gages of their own minds.
I have absolutely no idea of what anything you just said means. And I have not been imbibing on the 'Christmas cheer' yet either.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #67

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

brunumb wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:04 am
I have absolutely no idea of what anything you just said means. And I have not been imbibing on the 'Christmas cheer' yet either.
I will put it down in black and white. No more lock downs for Australia per the prime minister. Lock downs don't work. And the supposed vaccines, according to some "experts" can create greater problems for the vaccinated, especially for the young.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/austr ... cron-surge

brunumb
Savant

Post #68

Post by brunumb »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:24 pm
I will put it down in black and white. No more lock downs for Australia per the prime minister. Lock downs don't work. And the supposed vaccines, according to some "experts" can create greater problems for the vaccinated, especially for the young.
Our prime minister hasn't got a clue. If vaccines allegedly create problems for the vaccinated, that's unlikely to be anywhere near comparable to the problems faced by those infected by covid-19 and survive.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #69

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

brunumb wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:53 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:24 pm
Our prime minister hasn't got a clue. If vaccines allegedly create problems for the vaccinated, that's unlikely to be anywhere near comparable to the problems faced by those infected by covid-19 and survive.
The people coming down with the new covid are the vaccinated by a large margin over the unvaccinated who have had covid. An over 2-million-person study in Israel, showed that having had the covid gives the person at a minimum of a 7-fold protection against reinfection over the vaccine. Mutiple shots will simply produce more variants. The covid virus will keep on making vaccine induced variants. You either beef up your health or look forward to being canceled when you come down with a new variant. Covid-19 almost has no effect on the young and healthy, whereas the vaccine can kill them by virtue of blood clots. The people generally killed by Covid-19 are the old and those with morbidity problems. They are on the chopping block already. There are affective therapeutics, but not allowed by the "experts". The new one that is allowed, is not available, and won't be for maybe a month, due to incompetence of the U.S. administration. In the U.S., you can't even get a test kit, because the administration doesn't know what they are doing. The U.S. administration wants to vaccinate children, whereas the leader of the W.H.O, says to not vaccinate children, but the old and the sick instead. Not that the old and sick will not die, but they will have a lower chance of dying from covid 19, and more a chance of dying from something else besides covid 19, like the new variant, or old age. The covido-19 vaccination is not a vaccine and will not prevent you from getting or transmitting covid. It is a therapeutic, with a downside for the young and healthy, with little upside, except for the aged and the people with morbidity problems. If you watched the Biden Christmas program, you saw nurses singing, that is the 1400 not laid off from their health service for not getting a vaccination, and Biden and his crew without masks, whereas the hired help had masks.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #70

Post by Goat »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am
Goat wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 am

Ok
That sounds like the rhetoric of a progressive party leftist. By suppressing the story, which linked Biden financially to China, many people voted for Biden because they were not informed, thinking he was a docile old man, with centrist tendencies. That sounds like bias reporting, which of course, is fine and dandy with the left, as long as it supports their cause. They also to do not report on low-cost therapies for covid, which can suppress the virus, and when used in conjunction with each other, can suppress it apparently 99%. The use of cow's milk alone, can suppress the virus by around 35%. A milk a day, can keep the doctor away. You seem to miss the real news by holding on to your biased news sources. https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/cows-milk-c ... ush-covid/
You are what you eat. If you follow biased news, you become biased. Much like "Christians", who follow the commentary of the Pharisee of Pharisees, whose product is the leaven/hypocrisy of their religion per Matthew 16.
Ah, more sources using a right wing nut job 'world net daily', and then the whole 'rhetoric leftist' nonsense. Sorry, but using 'World news daily' as a source. As for people who voted for Biden, a very large number were not so much voting for Biden as they were voting against Trump. Trump has shown he was a narcissistic incompetent who was more interested in lying about what he accomplished rather than accomplishing something.

And, beware of the accusations you are using, such as 'if you follow biased news you become biased', because World Net Daily is an extreme example of that.

And there are low cost therapies that can fight covid. It is just not Ivermectin, or HQC. Those have been shown NOT to work
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella