Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Late edit to clean quotes...

From Post 182 here:
EarthSciemceGuy wrote: ...
God is not made of matter...
For debate:

What's God made of?
Last edited by JoeyKnothead on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: What's God made of?

Post #161

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:19 am ...
nor do I have any recollection of saying I was trying to convinced you of anything.

Still thanks for sharing.
Joins debate site, tells stuff.

Claims that stuff is TRUTH(tm).

Pretends like not trying to sell improvable claims as TRUTH(tm).

Christians say the darndest things.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #162

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:33 am

Ain't that kinda what some call "Lying for Jesus"?
Are you calling me a liar? If not can you explain this statement?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #163

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:11 am
Goat wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 am
If it's based on the bible, and you can't show that the claims in the bible are true, why promote it?
Because it would be selfish of me not to promoted the TRUTH.
Lomfpoc

You claim to promote TRUTH(tm), yet you're utterly incapable of showing you speak it in this matter.

Well, people claim a lot of things - doesn't mean any of it is true, accurate or real.
It's hard to say if one is lying, really, without knowing the person personally (sometimes still, it's hard to tell). Everyone lies - some call it 'twisting the truth' or 'personal interpretation' and such. What it boils down to, ultimately, is up the the person hearing the tale. That's not to discount those that, let's just say, use 'creating telling' (trademark).
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #164

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:18 am

Are you calling me a liar? If not can you explain this statement?
It just seems odd to me that one'd enter a debate to present claims they knowingly and admittedly can't show to be truth.

Of course we can expect some teaching along the way, but to declare such as...
JehovahsWitness, in Post 158 wrote: Because it would be selfish of me not to promoted the TRUTH.
...seems a bit odd.

It may leave one to ponder if your oft mentioned declarations that you're just expressing your opinion / beliefs might conflict with this declaration of promoting truth.

And how sometimes folks who lie swear em up and down they ain't.

Me, personally, I can't know your intent - whether to lie, to tell the truth, or something in between.

What I can say with confidence though, is that so many of your claims / beliefs can't be shown to be truth.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #165

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 am
What I can say with confidence though, is that so many of your claims / beliefs can't be shown to be truth.
A claim and a belief are not the same thing. Did I not say the following ....?

NOTE I make no claims here, I am simply expressing what I believe based on the bible. Please take all sentences to be preceeded by the premise "I believe ..."

All I have done is express my beliefs/ opinions.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 am
It may leave one to ponder if your oft mentioned declarations that you're just expressing your opinion / beliefs might conflict with this declaration of promoting truth.

Why? Can one not believe one knows the truth?

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #166

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:13 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 am What I can say with confidence though, is that so many of your claims / beliefs can't be shown to be truth.
A claim and a belief are not the same thing. Did I not say the following ....?
Meh. As relates to debate I think they're similar enough.

NOTE I make no claims here, I am simply expressing what I believe based on the bible. Please take all sentences to be preceeded by the premise "I believe ..."
To which I say that's confused by your statement of "promoting truth".
All I have done is express my beliefs/ opinions.
If course. When one can't show they speak truth, that's kinda all they're left with.
JoeyKnothead wrote: It may leave one to ponder if your oft mentioned declarations that you're just expressing your opinion / beliefs might conflict with this declaration of promoting truth.
Why? Can one not believe one knows the truth?
I merely noted that folks might become confused about your "promoting the truth", and your "it's just my belief".

I'd fear it'd leave the observer fretting on if there ain't some skullduggery involved in presenting seemingly contradictory proclamations.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #167

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:31 am
I merely noted that folks might become confused about your "promoting the truth", and your "it's just my belief".
No I dont think anybody will, since I repeat it and put it in bold and and colour in near enough every post. It look like this ...

So I cannot imagine anyone that is not both illiterate and colourblind would be confused about what I am saying

JW

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #168

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:40 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:31 am
No I dont think anybody will, since I repeat it and put it in bold and and colour in near enough every post. It look like this ...

So I cannot imagine anyone that is not both illiterate and colourblind would be confused about what I am saying
So then, your goal is to promote the truth, by expressing beliefs ya can't show are.

Can't imagine how that might confuse some folks.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #169

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:28 pm
Can't imagine how that might confuse some folks.
I am not here to debate your imagination nor discuss my motives. If there is something confusing in my POSTS I am happy to consider clarifying but any frustration that raise from the fact that I generally avoiding making claims in this subforum, especially when asked about the unknown, is not my concern.

otseng wrote: There is no rule that says anyone has to prove anything. If someone insists you must prove something, challenge them where is it a requirement on the forum that something needs to be proved.

JW

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #170

Post by Goat »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:11 am
Goat wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:59 am
If it's based on the bible, and you can't show that the claims in the bible are true, why promote it?
Because it would be selfish of me not to promoted the TRUTH.

Now, the thing is, that is rhetoric you can not show is true. You say that 'Truth will set you free', but what you have not been able to show is that your claims about God are Truth. You have not shown that the bible is true.

There might be awesome sounding sound bites in it, but you can not show that the works are more than philosophical when it comes to ethics, and imaginary when it comes to the supernatural claims. Can you show that the supernatural claims are truth? Your definitions of what God is made of can not be shown to be anything other than metaphysical and conceptual, nor can you show that it is TRUTH. Your definitions about what 'God' is, based on a book you can not show is truth, is lacking any real world connection. Since you can not show your metaphysical claims are 'truth', nor give a definition of what 'spirit' is, and not give any meaningful answer to 'what is spirit made of', then the answer 'god is made from spirit' is not meaningful.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella