Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Late edit to clean quotes...

From Post 182 here:
EarthSciemceGuy wrote: ...
God is not made of matter...
For debate:

What's God made of?
Last edited by JoeyKnothead on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Re: What's God made of?

Post #211

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:41 pm
brunumb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:36 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:21 pm Do you know what love is made of?
Love is not an entity. Does love exist in the absence of an intelligent mind? Do intelligent minds exist in the absence of a suitable substrate capable of formulating ideas and feelings and so on? Can a God exist in the absence of those things?
Is that your attempt at an answer to "What's love made of"? because if you don't just say that.
No. I'm betting you have no answers to my questions which were intended to highlight your irrelevant (non)answer to what God is made from. Love is not made of anything and does not exist independently of a thinking brain. Supposedly, that is not the same for your God.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

brunumb
Savant

Post #212

Post by brunumb »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 pm Even Dawkins advocates intelligent design, I guess you never knew that did you?

Intelligent design is all around us. Dawkins recognised that, just no supernatural designer that some like to call God. Ben Stein actually made himself look quite foolish with his line of questioning in that clip.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #213

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 pm Even Dawkins advocates intelligent design, I guess you never knew that did you?

Yet he remans a nontheist. So, your own source accepts an appearance of ID, while not rejection evolution.

What's the ID guy got?
Bananas

Very well, our conversation is at and end, continuing with it can serve no purpose.
I don't doubt you consider any counters to your ID claims to create the situation of "no purpose".

That's kinda ironical, considering ID's all about a purposeful 'designer'.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Tcg
Savant

Post #214

Post by Tcg »

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:57 pm
Even Dawkins advocates intelligent design, I guess you never knew that did you?

No, he doesn't. He entertained the idea as a possibility. He makes that fact very clear here:

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom