Does covid show there is no god or god intervention?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Does covid show there is no god or god intervention?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Men of god die from Covid after chastising it and its potential
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/01/media/ma ... index.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion ... ronavirus/

It seems these people (and these aren't the only ones), making such a public statement of faith would, if they falter, show god to be weak, their faith to be misplaced and or god being absent and or not caring.

These kind of things aren't 'new' - they've been happening for centuries: man of god makes a claim with his faith and then succumbs to what he was chastising.

Meshach Shadrach and Abednego seemed to 'have it together' so what's going on since then?

For discussion:
Why do you think god allows these public statements of faith to happen and then, fall from grace so readily? Surely god knows this makes him and his church look weak or, at the worst, showing him not to be real or caring enough to do something about it.
Or does god only 'work in the shadows' in ways not to glorify him and his abilities (even though jesus is said to have held large gatherings showing his abilities at times)? And, if so, how is that helpful to his cause among the masses?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: Does covid show there is no god or god intervention?

Post #11

Post by TRANSPONDER »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:47 pm Any comments on what I found?
http://www.universalknowledge.net/id16.html
8-)
None. It was a link to a page of preaching from (in my view at least) a debunked book of myth and a debunked religion.
brunumb wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:55 pm
thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:26 pm I believe these vaccines are nothing more than a very small dose of the virus. This small dose activates your antibody defense.

8-)
What evidence do you have in support of that belief? It only takes a very small dose of the virus to result in infection and subsequent illness. Investigate further and you should find that the vaccine does not consist of the virus itself.
I know that's the way vaccines have always worked with bacteria. An inoculation of a weak dose of the bug activates the natural defences against the actual disease. I'm not sure whether that's how anti -viral vaccines work, as viruses (being almost non -organic) are trickier than bacteria and in the early days were almost untreatable.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #12

Post by TRANSPONDER »

thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:47 pm Any comments on what I found?
8-)
None. It was a link to a page of preaching from (in my view at least) a debunked book of myth and a debunked religion.
brunumb wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:55 pm
thomasdixon wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:26 pm I believe these vaccines are nothing more than a very small dose of the virus. This small dose activates your antibody defense.

8-)
What evidence do you have in support of that belief? It only takes a very small dose of the virus to result in infection and subsequent illness. Investigate further and you should find that the vaccine does not consist of the virus itself.
I know that's the way vaccines have always worked with bacteria. An inoculation of a weak dose of the bug activates the natural defences against the actual disease. I'm not sure whether that's how anti -viral vaccines work, as viruses (being almost non -organic) are trickier than bacteria and in the early days were almost untreatable.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by thomasdixon »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:55 amNone. It was a link to a page of preaching from (in my view at least) a debunked book of myth and a debunked religion.
To understand your point of view, from your response it seems you do not believe in the “bible” or the reported news articles presented in the link
TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:55 amWhat evidence do you have in support of that belief?
if you are referring to the vaccine, I have no evidence and should not have stated what otherwise
TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:55 amIt only takes a very small dose of the virus to result in infection and subsequent illness. Investigate further and you should find that the vaccine does not consist of the virus itself.
Thanks for your reply
TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:55 amI know that's the way vaccines have always worked with bacteria. An inoculation of a weak dose of the bug activates the natural defenses against the actual disease. I'm not sure whether that's how anti -viral vaccines work, as viruses (being almost non -organic) are trickier than bacteria and in the early days were almost untreatable.
Again, thanks for your honesty
:)

brunumb
Savant

Post #14

Post by brunumb »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:57 am I know that's the way vaccines have always worked with bacteria. An inoculation of a weak dose of the bug activates the natural defences against the actual disease. I'm not sure whether that's how anti -viral vaccines work, as viruses (being almost non -organic) are trickier than bacteria and in the early days were almost untreatable.
A live virus vaccine contains a live, weakened (attenuated) virus that helps your body develop an immune response without you developing symptoms of the disease it is intended to prevent.

The weakened virus "teaches" your immune system to recognize the disease-causing pathogen and launch a pathogen-specific attack if it encounters it again. Many vaccines of this type give you lifelong immunity with only one or two doses.1
From https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is- ... ine-200925
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.