Too influential?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Too influential?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

There's no doubt christianty has influenced much of the world through its history - some would say so much so.

For discussion:
Has christianity been TOO influential in history, just enough, or too much? Why
Do you foresee christianity being being just as influential going forward, not as much, or just as much as it is today? Why?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Re: Too influential?

Post #41

Post by TRANSPONDER »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm
brunumb wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:33 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:17 pm As you promote "godlessness", per your signature line, which is a belief that there is no God to keep you in check, it is certainly fair to question the OP and its supporters as an attack on another body of persons.
It's comforting to know that any evil intentions of Christians are being held in check by their belief in God. I suppose there is at least that much 'goodness' in it. Personally, I have never needed any gods to help me keep such intentions in check because I don't actually have them. Just lucky that way I guess.
You sound much like a Progressive/humanist, who are their own gods, and determine what is "evil" or not. Much like your "Christian" friends who have supposedly been reborn, and have the mind of God, but nailed his Law to a pagan cross, and have 3 gods of their own making, organized under the leadership of the false prophet Paul. As you are a purported citizen of the Progressive Melbourne, I have to presume that you are living in your own hell on earth.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... ordability. It seems Melbourne is relying on Rockefeller for their future.
The position of chief resilience officer is a $236,544-per-year role, funded by the Rockefeller Foundation, with the end goal of producing a Resilience Strategy for Melbourne. I think your position of invulnerability is eroding quickly, when you have to rely on Rockefeller's money to reduce your threats.
Let's see what we can do with that. Really only to point up that the Religious obsessives (of which we seem to have a disturbing strain in Aussie these days) interpret secularism through their own distorting mirror.. We don't make ourselves our own gods. Only the Dogma -deluded (which includes the personal cults of dictators, religious or not) have certainties of morality - as regularly reinvented by themselves. They fail to see the constant -self criticism humans do and fretting about what's right. The religious know what is right because their religion (interpreted by themselves, of course) tells them what's wrong and right. Is it any wonder they think that secularists also make themselves their own god?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #42

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:06 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm
brunumb wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:33 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:17 pm As you promote "godlessness", per your signature line, which is a belief that there is no God to keep you in check, it is certainly fair to question the OP and its supporters as an attack on another body of persons.
It's comforting to know that any evil intentions of Christians are being held in check by their belief in God. I suppose there is at least that much 'goodness' in it. Personally, I have never needed any gods to help me keep such intentions in check because I don't actually have them. Just lucky that way I guess.
You sound much like a Progressive/humanist, who are their own gods, and determine what is "evil" or not. Much like your "Christian" friends who have supposedly been reborn, and have the mind of God, but nailed his Law to a pagan cross, and have 3 gods of their own making, organized under the leadership of the false prophet Paul. As you are a purported citizen of the Progressive Melbourne, I have to presume that you are living in your own hell on earth.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... ordability. It seems Melbourne is relying on Rockefeller for their future.
The position of chief resilience officer is a $236,544-per-year role, funded by the Rockefeller Foundation, with the end goal of producing a Resilience Strategy for Melbourne. I think your position of invulnerability is eroding quickly, when you have to rely on Rockefeller's money to reduce your threats.
Let's see what we can do with that. Really only to point up that the Religious obsessives (of which we seem to have a disturbing strain in Aussie these days) interpret secularism through their own distorting mirror.. We don't make ourselves our own gods. Only the Dogma -deluded (which includes the personal cults of dictators, religious or not) have certainties of morality - as regularly reinvented by themselves. They fail to see the constant -self criticism humans do and fretting about what's right. The religious know what is right because their religion (interpreted by themselves, of course) tells them what's wrong and right. Is it any wonder they think that secularists also make themselves their own god?
You apparently have implicated yourself of only doing what is right, which has to be based on knowing what is right, which makes you your own god, despite your affiliation with a group calling themselves godless atheist, which makes it a group think with individual permutations with huge differentiations. The proof is in the pudding. The Progressive Aussies of Melbourne get to suffer through the same droughts, floods, heat, and fires of the Progressive Californians. According to the new study from your cousins the, Scotts, the more vaccines you get, which actually are useless against Omicron, the higher the infections, worse hospitalization, and deaths. Melbourne may be looking at the realizations of their fears by their strict mandates. https://publichealthscotland.scot/media ... report.pdf But don't worry, Starbucks has reversed their vaccine mandates to customers. Maybe the individual Melbourne Progressives, will relax their unscientific cancellation of others, who use a different measure to determine right from wrong.

brunumb
Savant

Post #43

Post by brunumb »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm As you are a purported citizen of the Progressive Melbourne, I have to presume that you are living in your own hell on earth.
Two years on from that article Melbourne was the world's most livable city for the 7th year in a row. It was No.2 in 2018 and was still ranked at No.8 in 2021 despite enduring numerous lockdowns. To quote the inimitable Maxwell Smart......."And loving it". :D
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #44

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

brunumb wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:34 pm As you are a purported citizen of the Progressive Melbourne, I have to presume that you are living in your own hell on earth.
Two years on from that article Melbourne was the world's most livable city for the 7th year in a row. It was No.2 in 2018 and was still ranked at No.8 in 2021 despite enduring numerous lockdowns. To quote the inimitable Maxwell Smart......."And loving it". :D

I can see why Maxwell Smart is your go too guy. I can't even believe anyone even remembers Maxwell Smart. Do you also carry your phone in your shoe?
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Maxwell+S ... 63265b7a6f
Like California, the rich you can afford to live in a dumpy 1.5-million-dollar 3 bedroom, probably think life is well. But in truth, they are on the brink of running out of water, while fighting fires, and generally think they are the cat's meow. https://www.bing.com/maps?q=melbourne+h ... 7db2874691