Responsibility

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Responsibility

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

You get caught breaking the speed limit, you are responsible for the ticket and or court costs, if not more.
Breaking the speed limit without getting caught still opens you to the possibility of potential repercussions.
Yet, you aren't all knowing, powerful, present, etc.
You're simply a mortal, flawed living animal.

All this said, still, people claim we are responsible for our own sins, and the sins of 'our fathers', so to speak (according to some). This same sin was created (or allowed to be created) by the modern christian god (again, according to some).

For discussion:
Where's god's responsibility in all this?
What's god responsibility for when it comes to sin and the everlasting life some claim it can provide? Does providing a sacrifice suffice? Does god not have any responsibility in this - does it get an excuse?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Responsibility

Post #61

Post by Purple Knight »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:08 pmIf only to me, it suggests one who ain't quite certain on what it is they're trying to tell.
To everyone. That's how it ought to be. If I can't still seem to be smart after imposing such a handicap... well... I'm saying, I need the handicap.

My gravity training chamber only goes up to x500 so it's easier to just strap my ego to myself and walk about as I normally would.

Hawkins
Scholar

Post #62

Post by Hawkins »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

It's almost mathematics (statistics and probabilities to be more specific).

Free will means you are given the ability to oppose God. So by math (statistics and probabilities), some will choose to oppose God. In math, it is called an "expected outcome". By assuming that it's a normal distribution (in math), then Law is to make a cut on the bell-shape (math) distribution. God's responsibility is to design Law to make such a cut on the mathematical curve, such that those who are cut off are those not being able to live with a sin-incompatible God in eternity.

In a nutshell, God's job is to separate the righteous from the wicked, and with the righteous being able to live with Him forever. That's His responsibility. It is an action done once and for all. The wicked don't have a second chance to screw things up again. I had your time here on earth!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #63

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Hawkins wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:26 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #1]
In a nutshell, God's job is to separate the righteous from the wicked, and with the righteous being able to live with Him forever. That's His responsibility. It is an action done once and for all. The wicked don't have a second chance to screw things up again. I had your time here on earth!
Whew! For a minute there I thought ya was gonna say I had to live with the dirty scoundrel.

I wouldn't no more wanna live with such a megalomaniac than I would to live with a GOPer.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #64

Post by nobspeople »

Hawkins wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:26 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

It's almost mathematics (statistics and probabilities to be more specific).

Free will means you are given the ability to oppose God. So by math (statistics and probabilities), some will choose to oppose God. In math, it is called an "expected outcome". By assuming that it's a normal distribution (in math), then Law is to make a cut on the bell-shape (math) distribution. God's responsibility is to design Law to make such a cut on the mathematical curve, such that those who are cut off are those not being able to live with a sin-incompatible God in eternity.

Seems, among believers, there are differing view of 'free will' - surely there's at least one thread on that topic!
The above bolded section caught my eye. Does this inability of being able, mean eternal damnation that many claim is necessary?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!