Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Better treatment?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Scenario:
Tammy is not a christian. She's what one could call a sinner/unrighteous (whatever term to which you subscribe).
Mike is a christan. He's what one would call saved/righteous (whatever term to which you subscribe).

Both above people are sick with XYZ in the same hospital, admitted the same day. Both pray to god for help getting over XYZ.
For sake of discussion, everything else about their lives are the same, save for what's been mentioned previously.

For discussion:
Would god favor Mike over Tammy simply because Mike is a saved, righteous person? Or would they get the same treatment from god?
Would and should a believer/christian/righteous person rightfully expect better treatment from god?
Why or why not?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Better treatment?

Post #51

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:18 pm A little reordering for clarity...
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:07 pm The study was included within the link I presented. https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... tality.pdf
I'll be happy to consider your link here, if I can get you to consider the following...
2ndpillar2 wrote: As for the 10 Commandments, they are easily found in the bible in Exodus 20:3-.
So, what means of confirmation can you put to your claim?

Remember, the Bible ain't considered Author in this section of the site.
2ndpillar2 wrote: ...
Atheists seem to have an affinity for Progressivism, as in the following of the god/false prophet Marx. Satanists are mostly associated with atheism and are their own god yet bow down to some Satan figure. https://www.spiritualsatanist.com/essay ... anism.html There seems to be some confusion in their concepts.
:blink:

Yet again we see the theist is fundamentally incapable of learning atheists have no gods.

When I can get you to support or retract your challenged claim, I'll be happy to respond to your little rant here.

Unless, of course, you just decide to ignore the challenge a second time, in which case I can only conclude you simply will not be beholden to any measure of honor and integrity in these debates
And what is the baseline regarding "honor and integrity" for someone whose lawgiver is himself. Your gods are comprised of Biden, Fauci, and yourself. The latest study out of Israel is that 80% of the serious covid patients in the hospitals are fully vaccinated. According to the administration, those with the vaccination were not supposed to get or transmit covid. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/321674 According to Fauci and Biden, if you want to live long and be healthy, and go to school, and eat at a restaurant, you had to get the vaccination. I think your non gods, and self-god, are killing anyone listening to them. Should we hold them on murder charges, when the bad reaction data becomes fully public? Or like Whoopi Goldberg, Caryn Elaine Johnson, simply let them off with an apology, after she expropriated a Jewish name, and said the holocaust was okay because it was just white's killing whites. Whoopi has the excuse that she is possibly uneducated and didn't even read the first page of the book she was commenting on, which stated that the holocaust was a matter of racial/ethnic cleansing. People often comment on things they know nothing about, but it will probably come back to bite them. In the country of New Zealand, the data shows that the total country death rate follows the rates of vaccination. Apparently, death rates correspond to vaccination rate in an unwanted manner. Until things blow up, this data will remain out of the fake media, or until CNN finally blows up, and fizzles out. The NYTimes is now trying to remain relevant by asking the state department for Hunter Biden's foreign connection records. Too late for that to be of any help. Apparently, Biden's Ukraine and Russia connections are ending up with the clash of titans, and the rattling of war sabers. Maybe you could seek "glory", honor and integrity by joining up and fighting Biden's coming conflagrations.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #52

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Yet again, we see our Ranter in Chief avoids challenges to his claims, but continues to warn us all of the various evils he sees all around...
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:17 am Rant
Notice our claimant ignores responsibility for challenged claims...
2ndpillar2 wrote: As for the 10 Commandments, they are easily found in the bible in Exodus 20:3-.
How can we confirm these commandments are the product of a god?

Remember, the Bible ain't considered authoritative in this section of the site.

3rd challenge.

Alas, when it comes to 2ndpillar2's god, honor and integrity mean little when 2ndpillar2 can't put no truth to his challenged claims.
Your gods are comprised of Biden, Fauci, and yourself.
And for the third time atheists have no gods.

What's so broken the theist can't learn this simple fact?

Do we just start calling all theists stupid?

No, cause some theists're capable of learning.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Tcg
Savant

Post #53

Post by Tcg »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:14 pm
Oddly enough, it seems like no matter how many times one states this fact, there will be many who refuse to accept this reality. I believe theists when they say they have a god or gods. I wonder why some theists refuse to believe atheists when they state the fact that we have no gods.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #54

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:14 pm Yet again, we see our Ranter in Chief avoids challenges to his claims, but continues to warn us all of the various evils he sees all around...
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:17 am Rant
Notice our claimant ignores responsibility for challenged claims...
How can we confirm these commandments are the product of a god?

Remember, the Bible ain't considered authoritative in this section of the site.

3rd challenge.

Alas, when it comes to 2ndpillar2's god, honor and integrity mean little when 2ndpillar2 can't put no truth to his challenged claims.
Your gods are comprised of Biden, Fauci, and yourself.

What's so broken the theist can't learn this simple fact?

Do we just start calling all theists stupid?

No, cause some theists're capable of learning.
Atheists, while they cannot be pigeonholed, are their own lawmakers, or in some instances, devoid of all law, and in effect, their own gods, in theory, but in fact, generally follow their own false prophets and gods, such as many follow the false prophet Marx, to the extent, he is their god. Others simply follow the god of eating, drinking, and sex. Many claim they do not believe in a god, but worship Satan. Atheists are a varied flock. The largest portion of attested atheist has been in China, with 60%, but things seem to be changing in the land of Ying and Yang. Their god, Marx, is losing his allure with the populace, but embraced by the elite. I expect that like in the U.S., the elites will consume each other.

Atheism, in the broadest sense, is an absence of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2][3][4] Less broadly, atheism is a rejection of the belief that any deities exist.[5][6] In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[1][2][7][8] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[9][10] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[10][11][12] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #55

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Tcg wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:32 pm
Oddly enough, it seems like no matter how many times one states this fact, there will be many who refuse to accept this reality. I believe theists when they say they have a god or gods. I wonder why some theists refuse to believe atheists when they state the fact that we have no gods.

Tcg
Maybe because many "atheists" are Marxist, worship their own appetites, or worship Satan. All constituting their gods. Words can be manufactured, but essence remains what it is.

otseng
Savant

Post #56

Post by otseng »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:42 pm Maybe because many "atheists" are Marxist, worship their own appetites, or worship Satan. All constituting their gods. Words can be manufactured, but essence remains what it is.
Moderator Comment

Please do not state what others believe if they have not claimed it.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:59 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:38 pm
As for the 10 Commandments, they are easily found in the bible in Exodus 20:3-.
Your problem now becomes one of connecting those commandments to a god that can't be shown to exist, to've uttered em.

Will the fourth challenge work?

Stay tuned for the next rather dull episode of "Trying To Get This'n Here To Support Their Claim".
-Punkinhead Martin

brunumb
Savant

Post #58

Post by brunumb »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:37 pm Others simply follow the god of eating, drinking, and sex.
Holy Zeus Batman! I hope none of them devout Christians are indulging in eating, drinking and sex. Those things are only for the atheists, and maybe fans of the Marx brothers.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #59

Post by JoeyKnothead »

brunumb wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:00 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:37 pm Others simply follow the god of eating, drinking, and sex.
Holy Zeus Batman! I hope none of them devout Christians are indulging in eating, drinking and sex. Those things are only for the atheists, and maybe fans of the Marx brothers.
Wait'll he hears some folks dance!
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #60

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

Tcg wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:32 pm

Tcg
How do you know that you "don't have" a God? What does such a claim even mean?