God is using Russia to fulfill a prophecy

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

God is using Russia to fulfill a prophecy

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

According to Pat Robinson :bored: :boring: :tunedout: (unfortunately there's no Grimm Reaper smilie available) Russia is being used by god to fulfill prophecy (who god can't do its own dirty work is another raging question, but it's not the first time we hear this from biblical 'know-it-alls' like patty).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pat-robertso ... 45780.html

Is this true?

It's worth noting, about good, ancient patty:
Robertson, who turns 92 this month, is a serial doomsday cheerleader: in the 1970s, he predicted a 1982 ending, the 1990s, he predicted a 2007 ending, 2020, he predicted Donald Trump would win reelection ― “without question” ― and it would lead to the end. (In that case, it wasn’t a war that would end the world, as he is currently predicting, but something a lot more natural, like an asteroid.)
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: God is using Russia to fulfill a prophecy

Post #111

Post by JehovahsWitness »

benchwarmer wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:20 am

One would think they would learn after the second or third failure. Nope, just double down and make new predictions.
No we have learnt from our mistakes and now only affirm that the end is at hand ie near without pin pointing a year* . We hold that Jesus became King in 1914 because we still believe that to be true.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

[ * ] A date is a day + month + year

RELATED POSTS

How many times have Jehovah's Witesses wrongly predicted the end of the world? [video]
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 26#p981826

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

FALSE PROPHETS , ORGANISATIONAL INFALLIBILITY and ...FAILED PREDICTIONS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #112

Post by JoeyKnothead »

If God's ausing him Russia to do him a prophecy, he's evil as Satan himself.

How tough's a god who's gotta bomb children to be it?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #113

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:11 am If God's ausing him Russia to do him a prophecy, he's evil as Satan himself.

PROPHECY AND CAUSATION

Predication should not be confused with causation; knowing and even announcing something is going to happen is not the same as CAUSING it to happen. For example, if a doctors tells a woman she is going to have a baby, that doesnt make him the father!

The bible does contain a number of prophecies, in which God is depicted as playing an active role*, the ongoing conflict between the King of the North and his rival, the King of the South, is not one of them. In other words, the bible does not present God as playing any part in the manmade conflicts and wars of this our 21st century.

Russia invaded Ukraine, no God required!

* for example Jehovahs Witnesses believe the coming destruction of the world religions at the hands of the United Nations as depicted in the book of Revelation comes about as the result ofGod manipulating events

RELATED POSTS

Should YHWH be described as a "god of war"?
viewtopic.php?p=1057285#p1057285
To learn more please go to posts RELATED to ...

WAR , PACIFISM and ... BIBLICAL KILLING

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #114

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:32 am
JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:11 am If God's ausing him Russia to do him a prophecy, he's evil as Satan himself.

PROPHECY AND CAUSATION

Predication should not be confused with causation; knowing and even announcing something is going to happen is not the same as CAUSING it to happen. For example, if a doctors tells a woman she is going to have a baby, that doesnt make him the father!

The bible does contain a number of prophecies, in which God is depicted as playing an active role*, the ongoing conflict between the King of the North and his rival, the King of the South, is not one of them. In other words, the bible does not present God as playing any part in the manmade conflicts and wars of this our 21st century.

Russia invaded Ukraine, no God required!
Insofar as this is a religious belief, I preciate the correction and retract.

* for example Jehovahs Witnesses believe the coming destruction of the world religions at the hands of the United Nations as depicted in the book of Revelation comes about as the result ofGod manipulating events
I wonder if that'll be accomplished without innocent casualties.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Sherlock Holmes

Post #115

Post by Sherlock Holmes »

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions.
When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #116

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:13 am
No we have learnt from our mistakes and now only affirm that the end is at hand ie near without pin pointing a year* . We hold that Jesus became King in 1914 because we still believe that to be true.
So basically, "We won't give an exact year, but make no mistake about it; every day we are getting closer and closer to the end".

That's what I got out of it. :lol:

Yeah, tell us something we don't know lol.

I could have told you that, and I do not even belong to the WTS :lol:.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Sherlock Holmes

Post #117

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:10 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:13 am
So basically, "We won't give an exact year, but make no mistake about it; every day we are getting closer and closer to the end".

That's what I got out of it. :lol:

Yeah, tell us something we don't know lol.

I could have told you that, and I do not even belong to the WTS :lol:.
I am a prophet myself, and today I want to tell you all that something is going to happen at some point in the future, you have been warned.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #118

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:10 pm
That is correct. I dont think there are any Christian groups that do not believe in "the second coming" or some interpretation of "the end of the world". The notion of the risen Christ returning, is one of the bedrocks of the Christian faith although atheists and non-Christians might laugh at believers.

2 PETER 3: 3
... in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:10 pmThat's what I got out of it. :lol: Yeah, tell us something we don't know lol.

2 PETER 3: 3b, 4
... saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning”
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:10 pm I could have told you that, and I do not even belong to the WTS :lol:.

Jehovah's Witnesses and many Christians still believe and try and apply what Jesus said, as amusing as that might be to those that dismiss scripture...

Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. - JESUS CHRIST

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sherlock Holmes

Post #119

Much of the "end of the world" prophecies espoused by "churches" often shows misunderstandings, often spiritual prophecies are misunderstood to refer to physical events.

Here's an example of what I mean:
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
Note "to show his servants what must soon take place" and "the time is near".

Anyone reading Rev back at the time it was penned will have expected something to "take place" very soon.

Much (not all) of Rev is a symbolic representation of a personal spiritual battle, the verse above for example makes much more sense when we understand that it is addressed to each person who reads it, it is personally directed at each one of us who reads it, it is about us.

For each of us, whether it be 2022 or 300AD, the events pertaining to our struggle always is "at hand" this is true for every person who reads it at all times in the past.

Our old self must be burned in the "lake of fire", we must endure personal struggles as we are punished (not physically, spiritually), we (our carnal God hating self) must be brought low.

Much of Rev is written in this sense, although we all read the same text, the text was still written for each of us personally, the battles are internal.

The often sensationalist end of the world dramatics mask the truly important spiritual elements, the end of our world (age) should not overshadow Christ working within us to create a new person.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #120

Sherlock Holmes wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:36 pm Much of the "end of the world" prophecies espoused by "churches" often shows misunderstandings, often spiritual prophecies are misunderstood to refer to physical events.

In my opinion, some do and some (like our belief that Jesus enthronement was in heaven in 1914, invisible to humans) do not. But yes I agree the role of misunderstanding might play when trying to understand biblical prophecies.

RELATED POSTS

What are we tto understand from prophecies that indicate they will be fulfilled "soon"?
viewtopic.php?p=1032146#p1032146

Should the prophecies of Revelation be limited to first century and earlier?
viewtopic.php?p=905233#p905233
To learn more please go to other posts related to

THE SECOND COMING * , "DELAYS "DEBUNKED and ...THE BOOK OF REVELATION
*The Return of Christ