God is using Russia to fulfill a prophecy

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

God is using Russia to fulfill a prophecy

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

According to Pat Robinson :bored: :boring: :tunedout: (unfortunately there's no Grimm Reaper smilie available) Russia is being used by god to fulfill prophecy (who god can't do its own dirty work is another raging question, but it's not the first time we hear this from biblical 'know-it-alls' like patty).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pat-robertso ... 45780.html

Is this true?

It's worth noting, about good, ancient patty:
Robertson, who turns 92 this month, is a serial doomsday cheerleader: in the 1970s, he predicted a 1982 ending, the 1990s, he predicted a 2007 ending, 2020, he predicted Donald Trump would win reelection ― “without question” ― and it would lead to the end. (In that case, it wasn’t a war that would end the world, as he is currently predicting, but something a lot more natural, like an asteroid.)
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: God is using Russia to fulfill a prophecy

Post #131

Post by benchwarmer »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:05 am I would be interested if you could provide evidence of your claim, can you?
This is some interesting data on the subject:

https://www.pewforum.org/2009/04/09/chr ... of-christ/

According to that survey, 17% of US Christians don't believe in the second coming of Jesus.

Tcg
Savant

Post #132

Post by Tcg »

benchwarmer wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:23 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:05 am I would be interested if you could provide evidence of your claim, can you?

According to that survey, 17% of US Christians don't believe in the second coming of Jesus.
Thank-you, benchwarmer. That's solid evidence that meshes with what I have experienced.

Christianity is the largest religious group world-wide at about 2.4 billion members. It stands to reason that it is therefore the easiest religion to join. Given that, Christianity includes a wide variety of people with widely varying views. I've met atheists who identify as Christians. They think Jesus was a good man or at least that the stories told about him represent a good man and a good model for humans to follow. They speak of the Jesus of faith as opposed to the Jesus of history. They recognize that the Jesus many believe in probably isn't an accurate representation of the historical Jesus. They also reject the idea of an afterlife and the "second coming" of Jesus.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #133

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:21 pm
That is correct. I dont think there are any Christian groups that do not believe in "the second coming" or some interpretation of "the end of the world".
Tcg wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:59 am7

Thank-you, benchwarmer. That's solid evidence that meshes with what I have experienced.

That is interesting but I did ask about {quote} "Christian groups" as in religions or groups with a published dogma (as individuals it is possible there are nominal "Christians" that don't even believe in Christ, somewhere ...) so do you have anything to back up the specific claim you made about "Christian groups"?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #134

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:29 pm
That is correct. I dont think there are any Christian groups that do not believe in "the second coming" or some interpretation of "the end of the world".

That is interesting but I did ask about {quote} "Christian groups" as in religions or groups with a published dogma (as individuals it is possible there are nominal "Christians" that don't even believe in Christ, somewhere ...) so do you have anything to back up the specific claim you made about "Christian groups"?

JW
I already gave it. The people I documented were and are part of a "Christian Group." Oh, and there are no nominal Christians. All Christians are fully bonified Christians. 100% genuine!

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #135

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Tcg wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:03 pm

JW
I already gave it. The people I documented were and are part of a "Christian Group." ...

Tcg

That is not your original claim, the word "part" was never mentioned. That said if you dont have anything more that's fine, it would have been interesting to read of such a religious group that's all.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #136

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:00 pm
Tcg wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:03 pm

JW
I already gave it. The people I documented were and are part of a "Christian Group." ...

Tcg
That is not your original claim, the word "part" was never mentioned. That said if you dont have anything more that's fine, it would have been interesting to read of such a religious group that's all.

JW
The religious group is called Christianity. I'm sure you can find plenty to read about it.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #137

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Tcg wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:59 am
And on the contrary, it doesn't mesh with what I experience...so I guess that would make the evidence faulty.
Christianity is the largest religious group world-wide at about 2.4 billion members.
:D
It stands to reason that it is therefore the easiest religion to join.
Easiest?
Given that, Christianity includes a wide variety of people with widely varying views. I've met atheists who identify as Christians.
A Biblical oxymoron.
They think Jesus was a good man or at least that the stories told about him represent a good man and a good model for humans to follow.
Yeah, but the parts that "represents" Jesus as Lord and Savior...cant have that, can we?
They speak of the Jesus of faith as opposed to the Jesus of history. They recognize that the Jesus many believe in probably isn't an accurate representation of the historical Jesus.
And actual believers of Jesus recognize that they are wrong.
They also reject the idea of an afterlife and the "second coming" of Jesus.
Of course they do. Atheists tend to reject supernatural claims, dont they?
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Tcg
Savant

Post #138

Post by Tcg »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:00 pm
Tcg wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:59 am
And on the contrary, it doesn't mesh with what I experience...so I guess that would make the evidence faulty.
Nope. It simply shows that your experience is limited.
Christianity is the largest religious group world-wide at about 2.4 billion members.
It stands to reason that it is therefore the easiest religion to join.
Easiest?
Yep. Easiest.
Given that, Christianity includes a wide variety of people with widely varying views. I've met atheists who identify as Christians.
A Biblical oxymoron.
Who cares about the Bible. I'm discussing reality,
They think Jesus was a good man or at least that the stories told about him represent a good man and a good model for humans to follow.
Yeah, but the parts that "represents" Jesus as Lord and Savior...cant have that, can we?
Whomever "we" is can have whatever they like.
They speak of the Jesus of faith as opposed to the Jesus of history. They recognize that the Jesus many believe in probably isn't an accurate representation of the historical Jesus.
And actual believers of Jesus recognize that they are wrong.
Nope. All Christians are "actual believers."

They also reject the idea of an afterlife and the "second coming" of Jesus.
Of course they do. Atheists tend to reject supernatural claims, dont they?
Atheists tend to lack belief in god/gods. Everything else is up for grabs.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #139

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Tcg wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:15 am
Maybe I should get out more often then.

Yep. Easiest.
Ok. So the pathway to eternal life is easy. I'll take it. :approve:
Who cares about the Bible. I'm discussing reality
I do :D
Yeah, we will take what we like.

You can keep the rest.
Nope. John 3:16.

Everything else is pocket lint and a button.
Atheists tend to lack belief in god/gods.
Christians tend to believe that salvation is through one man alone.
Everything else is up for grabs.
Tcg
:ok:
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Tcg
Savant

Post #140

Post by Tcg »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:28 am
Tcg wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:15 am
Maybe I should get out more often then.
You can do whatever you like. It won't change reality.

Yep. Easiest.
Ok. So the pathway to eternal life is easy. I'll take it. :approve:
The pathway to imagined eternal life is easy. One doesn't even need to be a Christian to imagine it.
Who cares about the Bible. I'm discussing reality
I do :D
Yeah, we will take what we like.

You can keep the rest.
What "rest?"
Nope. John 3:16.

Everything else is pocket lint and a button.
Again, I'm discussing reality.

Atheists tend to lack belief in god/gods.
Christians tend to believe that salvation is through one man alone.
Everything else is up for grabs.
Tcg
:ok:
Yep. It is okay.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom