Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

OWN A PART OF GOD? COULD BE POSSIBLE

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Christians say Jesus was God.
Hmmm....

So this means a part of God was tossed away like garbage. He was curcumsized you realize. Im pretty sure that part never resurrected. And because that was cut off he would not be whole. And therefore an unacceptable sacrifice.

You can't toss God in the trash
Wonder what that would go for on eBay?
OWN A PART OF GOD!!!
Well...Someone did at one time. Wonder what they did with him?
Does this mean there are four parts of the god head?

Yeah...sounds rediculous. But if you are a Christian it must be believed that owning a part of God is possible. At least it was at one time.

Tcg
Savant

Re: OWN A PART OF GOD? COULD BE POSSIBLE

Post #11

Post by Tcg »

Athetotheist wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:31 am [Replying to Tcg in post #4
God (no matter which variety) doesn't provide anything other than perhaps false comfort and a diversion from facing reality.
The Great Omniscient Tcg hath spoken.
There's no need to be omniscient to comprehend this truth. A straightforward realization of the function religious beliefs (including the belief in a god or gods) play is all that is needed. It's not terribly complicated.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Avoice
Guru

Post #12

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to 1213 in post #10]

You think he is returning? Really?

According to Christian teachings, Jesus WILL NOT return unless the Jews accept him as their Messiah. That's not going to happen. EVER!

Jesus had his chance. He did nothing. I, as a Jew will never accept him. No Torah believing Jew will.

All your ancestors have died waiting for him to come back. Over two thousand years have gone by. They will wait an eternity as will you.

Jesus is YOUR Messiah. You have received from him all you ever will. And that is merely 'hope.'
If you believe in Jesus ....if you really believed in Jesus you'd practice his religion. He was a Jew. Christianity is Pauline in nature.

According to Christianity you need me to sign on the line. I will never do that. So now what? You 'hope' I will change my mind? I promise that will never happen. Jesus isn't the Messiah unless the Jews say he is. Christians can say he is. Hindus can say he is. The nations of the world can say he is. What they say doesn't matter.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Athetotheist »

Tcg wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm
God (no matter which variety) doesn't provide anything other than perhaps false comfort and a diversion from facing reality.
There's no need to be omniscient to comprehend this truth. A straightforward realization of the function religious beliefs (including the belief in a god or gods) play is all that is needed. It's not terribly complicated.

Tcg
Calling your limited knowledge of something a "truth" doesn't make it a truth.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #14

Post by Athetotheist »

1213 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:14 pm
Avoice wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 am ...Nobody understands half the stuff he said...
How do you know that?
Avoice wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 am...But he is not the Jewish Messiah...
Sorry, I have not seen any good proof for that claim to be true.
Avoice wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 am...the reason Jesus hasn't returned is because he isn't the Messiah...
Or because this has not yet happened.

This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world for a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Matt. 24:14
"But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come."
--Matthew 10:23

Which is it?

Avoice
Guru

Post #15

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Athetotheist in post #14]

According to Christian teachings Jesus won't return unless the Jews accept him.
Yeah...blame us for him not coming back.

Well, if we the Jews are holding up the show then here's the truth :. We WILL NEVER accept him! Ever!! You've already waited over 2000 years. I got news for you...you will wait an eternity. No Torah believing Jew will accept Jesus.

If you need my signature (which your religion says you need) I will Never sign. Never. And so your Messiah is never coming back. Now you can believe whatever you want. Why you'd ever call someone your lord and savior when they haven't done anything is beyond me. But you accepted what you got. Jesus left handing you an IOU. But it's no good unless We Jews sign it. And that will never happen.

Believe this

Jesus is not our messiah. He is yours.

Avoice
Guru

Post #16

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to Athetotheist in post #14]

Which is it?

You expect me to believe whoever wrote the book of Mathew. It was written anonymously and his fulfillment citations are not true . Have you bothered checking them?

Tcg
Savant

Post #17

Post by Tcg »

Athetotheist wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:54 pm
Tcg wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm

Tcg
Calling your limited knowledge of something a "truth" doesn't make it a truth.
The fact that we can't know everything doesn't mean we can't know something. It is truth because it is true.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Savant

Post #18

Post by 1213 »

Athetotheist wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:12 pm "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come."
--Matthew 10:23

Which is it?
I think both are true.

But, that one is interesting, does it mean, Jesus returned after 3 days from the grave, they probably didn't have enough time to go to every city, or does it mean that even in 2000 years they didn't have enough time?

Savant

Post #19

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:36 pm ...
According to Christian teachings, Jesus WILL NOT return unless the Jews accept him as their Messiah...
Please tell where do you get that teaching?

Avoice
Guru

Post #20

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to 1213 in post #19]

You didn't know this, did you?
Hey, I don't believe in Christianity. And therefore don't believe this. But Christians do believe it. Those who know about it anyway. They know Jesus won't come back u less we accept him.

Okay....let me find the passage that this tenant leans on. Go ask your church leaders they know all about it

JESUS SAYS:

"For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

I will never say that neither will any Torah observant Jew. I like how the church has managed to lay the failure of Jesus on the Jews.
But if that's their excuse why Jesus hasn't returned then he will never return. I promise you that. I will NEVER SAY THOSE WORDS. NOT IN THIS WORLD OR THE NEXT