Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Pearls wasted?

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

Mathew Chapter 7. Verse 6.

Could it be that Jesus meant we ought not to waste time and energy arguing with atheists?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: Pearls wasted?

Post #41

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:20 am Your above two posts are

(a) claims of an ongoing unfolding prophecy which is a claim I don't buy and see as having no credibility and

(b) the weary old theist view that without God -belief our lives are miserable and despairing and we can only try to drown our sorrows in various ways.

:) Sorry chum; you know not whereof you speak. Non - believers find plenty to make life worthwhile, and I for one would hate to think that the only thing stopping me from jumping off a cliff and ending it all was believing a lot of fairy -tales.
I don't know. You probably believed in the Trump Russia conspiracy and watch CNN. You probably thought Fauci used actual science, and has been transparent to the public and Congress, and that Biden, Pelosi, and Harris were mentally sound, and that a vaccination prevented one from getting covid, and that high inflation was Putin's fault. I don't know, but the Progressives sell and live under a mountain of fairy tales. All God requires is one does to his neighbors as they would expect in return, and this laid out for the challenged, as God's commandments. Your laws apparently come from yourself, or from some false prophet like Marx. You may condemn the followers of the false prophet Paul (Christians), and his version of lawlessness, but many godless/lawless follow Marx, and like the BLM leaders, try and burn down the existing order, and also all religions, except their own Marxist type of humanism. I think Gaia sees the hypocrisy, and is trying to quench her violet vibrational emotions, and will wind up wiping out mountains and islands, as well as the cities of the nations (Revelation 16). The information is now coming out that your covid shot may well end up saddling you with a myriad of physical problems, unless you are a 16 year old, and have a 131 times higher rate for having a sudden cardiac arrest. That would be a quick affect, such as with 1-3 days of inoculation From where I come from, that type of thinking is termed living in lol lol land, such as the land of Oz.

otseng
Savant

Post #42

Post by otseng »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:29 pmmost Progressives live by and in fear, mostly because they are godless, and have no God, no hope, and no reason for living, other than to eat, drink, have Mary, and pursue money, which eventually becomes boring, and leads to drug or alcohol use, with the ensuing incapacitating of one's mental acuity and physical soundness.
Moderator Comment

Please avoid denigrating any groups, including Progressives.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #43

Post by TRANSPONDER »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:52 am

(a) claims of an ongoing unfolding prophecy which is a claim I don't buy and see as having no credibility and

(b) the weary old theist view that without God -belief our lives are miserable and despairing and we can only try to drown our sorrows in various ways.

:) Sorry chum; you know not whereof you speak. Non - believers find plenty to make life worthwhile, and I for one would hate to think that the only thing stopping me from jumping off a cliff and ending it all was believing a lot of fairy -tales.
I don't know. You probably believed in the Trump Russia conspiracy and watch CNN. You probably thought Fauci used actual science, and has been transparent to the public and Congress, and that Biden, Pelosi, and Harris were mentally sound, and that a vaccination prevented one from getting covid, and that high inflation was Putin's fault. I don't know, but the Progressives sell and live under a mountain of fairy tales. All God requires is one does to his neighbors as they would expect in return, and this laid out for the challenged, as God's commandments. Your laws apparently come from yourself, or from some false prophet like Marx. You may condemn the followers of the false prophet Paul (Christians), and his version of lawlessness, but many godless/lawless follow Marx, and like the BLM leaders, try and burn down the existing order, and also all religions, except their own Marxist type of humanism. I think Gaia sees the hypocrisy, and is trying to quench her violet vibrational emotions, and will wind up wiping out mountains and islands, as well as the cities of the nations (Revelation 16). The information is now coming out that your covid shot may well end up saddling you with a myriad of physical problems, unless you are a 16 year old, and have a 131 times higher rate for having a sudden cardiac arrest. That would be a quick affect, such as with 1-3 days of inoculation From where I come from, that type of thinking is termed living in lol lol land, such as the land of Oz.
Politics and conspiracy theories are irrelevant to the debate here and I'm not falling for that one. But you have already apparently lost half the argument by cherry picking which bits of the OT are true (Gospels) and which are false (Paul). In fact I'm inclined to credit Paul (at least as far as Philemon) while I do believe that not a word, not a word, of the Gospel sayings are what Jesus actually said.

So your ploy of pointing to the best aspirations of human reciprocity (empathy for others) hi -j acked and presented as though nobody thought of it before Jesus, is going to get you nowhere, other than as yet another exhibition in the hall of Christian apologetics craftiness, evasion and dishonesty.

In view of which, your political views and hilarious effigy - burning of hate icons that you hardly understand, and pseudo prophetic doomsday scenarios are without merit other than being mildly entertaining

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #44

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:50 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:52 am

Politics and conspiracy theories are irrelevant to the debate here and I'm not falling for that one. But you have already apparently lost half the argument by cherry picking which bits of the OT are true (Gospels) and which are false (Paul). In fact I'm inclined to credit Paul (at least as far as Philemon) while I do believe that not a word, not a word, of the Gospel sayings are what Jesus actually said.

So your ploy of pointing to the best aspirations of human reciprocity (empathy for others) hi -j acked and presented as though nobody thought of it before Jesus, is going to get you nowhere, other than as yet another exhibition in the hall of Christian apologetics craftiness, evasion and dishonesty.

In view of which, your political views and hilarious effigy - burning of hate icons that you hardly understand, and pseudo prophetic doomsday scenarios are without merit other than being mildly entertaining
The "gospels" are not contained within the OT, whereas Paul's message, the message of the "devil" (Matthew 13:39), is the leavened wheat, tare seed, which produces the tares (Matthew 13:39-42), destined for the furnace of fire. Whereas your "dishonest" "Christian apologist" are on the same path of the humanist, following a parallel wide path to destruction, with the humanist following Marx, and the likes of Fauci, in their efforts to find salvation, and the hope of heaven on earth.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #45

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Sorry chum, but I am reluctant to spend much time on your claims, aside from the political stuff which is irrelevant other than showing what a danger religion is when it gets a political dimension.

While I gather that you reject Paul and perhaps Matthew,t oo, in which case I'll leave you to believe whatever you like and argue with the Christians who DO accept Matthew and Paul. My Pearls (imitation though they may be :) ) are that the OT is about Judaism, Paul (in his letters up to Philemon at the best) is about Messianic Judaism (with the Jewish Law removed to appeal to Gentiles) and the NT including Acts is an adaptation of the Jesus story (true or not) to suit Greek Gentile Christian dogma.

That's what I'll be casting around and I don't call anyone swine. Though I do use the term delusional.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #46

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:59 am Sorry chum, but I am reluctant to spend much time on your claims, aside from the political stuff which is irrelevant other than showing what a danger religion is when it gets a political dimension.

While I gather that you reject Paul and perhaps Matthew,t oo, in which case I'll leave you to believe whatever you like and argue with the Christians who DO accept Matthew and Paul. My Pearls (imitation though they may be :) ) are that the OT is about Judaism, Paul (in his letters up to Philemon at the best) is about Messianic Judaism (with the Jewish Law removed to appeal to Gentiles) and the NT including Acts is an adaptation of the Jesus story (true or not) to suit Greek Gentile Christian dogma.

That's what I'll be casting around and I don't call anyone swine. Though I do use the term delusional.
And here I thought you inserted yourself in the position of being swine with regard to the pearl message. The "fairy tales", which you appear to embrace, will apparently lead people down the road to "destruction". As for your Philemon, if memory serves, that is about the con man Paul, convincing a slave holder into releasing a slave into Paul's service, without payment, a very Leftist sentiment. As for the fraudulent, con man, double minded Paul, he was a Gentile to Gentiles, and a Pharisee of Pharisees, to the Pharisees. As for Yeshua's message, the "kingdom", it was to be given to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matthew 10:6), and not to the "Gentiles" (Matthew 10:5). Paul's false gospel of grace, a humanist message, whereas they were to follow their own hearts, and as long as they believe in his message, they would be "saved", much like the humanist of today, following the message of Fauci, for which one would be "saved", and "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:4). Both messages were a lie, and both have led to death, sooner or later.
https://www.wnd.com/2022/03/catastrophi ... d-vaccine/

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #47

Post by TRANSPONDER »

As regards the metaphor, the Believer will indeed cast me as a the swine ignoring the pearls of wisdom which the Believer stews before me and instead, turns and rends them.
I reject the metaphor and instead see myself declining to buy the railroad shares he bought and seeing him take my suggestion of investing his money more wisely as some kind of a personal attack.

As to Philemon, I just touched on what I would consider authentic Paul, not on the contents. You can post what you like about it but going by your above posts, I'll leave you to it. I don't mind what you believe and I see no point in debating with you as I reckon there are plenty who believe in Matthew, Paul and all the rest who will only be glad to get in there and do some Rending.