Christians are blind for denying that Bar Kokhba is the Messiah

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Christians are blind for denying that Bar Kokhba is the Messiah

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Simon Bar Kokhba was deemed to be the Messiah yet Christians refuse to acknowledge him.

When the Christian bible talks about veils and scales over the eyes of those who refuse to accept the Messiah it must be speaking of those Christians who deny the real messiah.

They are blinded from the truth. Obviously. They just can't see it. Some might think they really do know Bar Kokhba is the messiah but just won't admit it openly because they want Jesus to be the Messiah.

Christians.... Why don't you just accept Bar Kokhba like other people? You are being stubborn are you not?

Avoice
Guru

Re: Christians are blind for denying that Bar Kokhba is the Messiah

Post #11

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to 1213 in post #10]

You are ignoring a key element. When the new covenant is in place ALL WILL KNOW THE TRUTH . THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET

READ

Savant

Post #12

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:27 am [Replying to 1213 in post #10]

You are ignoring a key element. When the new covenant is in place ALL WILL KNOW THE TRUTH . THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET

READ
I think it would be important to not drop the word "they" from that.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Athetotheist »

1213 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:53 pm
Avoice wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:27 am [Replying to 1213 in post #10]

READ
I think it would be important to not drop the word "they" from that.
According to the text, "they" are everyone in the houses of Israel and Judah from the least to the greatest. As Avoice points out, that hasn't happened.

Avoice
Guru

Post #14

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to 1213 in post #8]

The passages you quoted....

If you read that in the new testament you will see they changed a word. An important word. Well...that's the way if the NT ..change what you don't like

Scripture tell us what it will be like when The new covenant will be in place. NO ONE WILL NEED TO BE OUT PREACHING BECAUSE ALL WILL KNOW AT THAT TIME. THAT HASNT HAPPENED. Don't you get it? We won't be having this conversation if the new covenant were in place.

Savant

Post #15

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:12 pm [Replying to 1213 in post #8]

The passages you quoted....

If you read that in the new testament you will see they changed a word. An important word. Well...that's the way if the NT ..change what you don't like
Sorry, what do you mean, what NT scripture you are speaking of and why? I thought we were speaking of this:

...But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says Yahweh: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Yahweh; for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says Yahweh: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
Jeremiah 31:31-34
Avoice wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:12 pmScripture tell us what it will be like when The new covenant will be in place. NO ONE WILL NEED TO BE OUT PREACHING BECAUSE ALL WILL KNOW AT THAT TIME. THAT HASNT HAPPENED. Don't you get it?
Again, it speaks "...they shall all...", which I don't think means all possible people. And I don't see any good reason to think it means all possible people.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #16

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to 1213 in post #15
Again, it speaks "...they shall all...", which I don't think means all possible people. And I don't see any good reason to think it means all possible people.
It doesn't have to mean "all possible people", because verse 30 specifically identifies Israel and Judah and the passage clearly refers to all of them.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Avoice wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:44 pm Simon Bar Kokhba was deemed to be the Messiah yet Christians refuse to acknowledge him.
Who?

I feel like Pharaoh felt..

Pharaoh said: “Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go.” (Ex 5:2).

Venom said: Who is Simon Bar Kokhba, that I should deem him Messiah and worship him? I do no not know Simon Bar Kokhba and will not accept him as Lord and Savior".
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by Difflugia »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:55 am
Avoice wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:44 pm Simon Bar Kokhba was deemed to be the Messiah yet Christians refuse to acknowledge him.
Who?
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Difflugia wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:31 am
Who?
Selective quoting.

It was a two-part question...now please answer the second part about "why should I deem him Messiah and worship him?".
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by Athetotheist »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:43 am
Difflugia wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:31 am
Who?
Selective quoting.

It was a two-part question...now please answer the second part about "why should I deem him Messiah and worship him?".
Why shouldn't you believe that Bar Kokhba was the Jewish Messiah?

Because he didn't meet all the messianic requirements?

That's why Jews don't believe that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah.