Hell more interesting that heaven?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Hell more interesting that heaven?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Recently, I heard Miriam Van Scott* make a comment 'hell is more interesting than heaven'. There seems to be a lot more discussion over what hell is, who goes there, what happens there, etc, than typically seen about heaven. It seems more people think they're 'going to heave' than hell, so it seems more thoughts are about hell than heaven. The promise of heaven seems, to the layperson, be less 'interesting' and thought provoking than hell among the general population. Humanity seems to be more concerned with punishment than reward (hell vs. heaven).

For discussion:
Does hell get more people talking than heaven?
Why or why not?

*Author of Bandun Gate: A dark tale of fiendish haunting based on true events
Last edited by nobspeople on Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Re: Hell more interesting that heaven?

Post #21

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:03 am
William wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:52 pm A bit 'off topic',

"Topics" can be viewed as "loops"

but I've always found it fascinating at what people are interested in... some are more interested in music than others enough to make it their living, while others couldn't care less about music, instead focusing on paranormal.
Then there are those people who only like a specific type of music or a specific genre of the paranormal set.
It seems 'normal' to most, but these little things that people so often take for granted always fascinate me (even if I'm the worst speller on the planet :D )
Loops can be open or closed. viewtopic.php?p=1074001#p1074001
'Can be' I find interesting, as well. Why would one want to view something as this and why would one not? That, itself, may be more interesting than heaven :?
It would depend on the personality. Heaven and Hell are directly associated with states of mind, which themselves are influenced by the personalities using the mind.

Hell would be a closed loop [individual personality] within a closed loop [circular existence] and Heaven would be a closed loop within and open loop as per the diagrams...
The open loop has the effect of allowing the closed loop of the individual personality more freedom of movement and purpose.

In that context, the red arrow points to 'heaven' and the blue to 'hell' and any confusion re those definitions can be traced to the individual personality and their stated beliefs on the descriptions of either.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #22

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:27 pm

but I've always found it fascinating at what people are interested in... some are more interested in music than others enough to make it their living, while others couldn't care less about music, instead focusing on paranormal.
Then there are those people who only like a specific type of music or a specific genre of the paranormal set.
It seems 'normal' to most, but these little things that people so often take for granted always fascinate me (even if I'm the worst speller on the planet :D )
'Can be' I find interesting, as well. Why would one want to view something as this and why would one not? That, itself, may be more interesting than heaven :?
It would depend on the personality. Heaven and Hell are directly associated with states of mind, which themselves are influenced by the personalities using the mind.

Hell would be a closed loop [individual personality] within a closed loop [circular existence] and Heaven would be a closed loop within and open loop as per the diagrams...
The open loop has the effect of allowing the closed loop of the individual personality more freedom of movement and purpose.

In that context, the red arrow points to 'heaven' and the blue to 'hell' and any confusion re those definitions can be traced to the individual personality and their stated beliefs on the descriptions of either.
So heaven and hell aren't actual places, but states of mind?
Is that christian teaching or individual opinion? Simply curious.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #23

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:29 pm
William wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:27 pm

So heaven and hell aren't actual places, but states of mind?
Is that christian teaching or individual opinion? Simply curious.
States of mind are what the personality is. Did biblical Jesus teach that? What did he have to say about Hell and its effects on the individual personality? Perhaps therein are clues which will answer your question above.