Knowing christ/god

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Knowing christ/god

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

Relatively recently, in another thread, there's been talk about rather or not one can 'know christ/god'. An accusation have been 'you don't understand because you don't have faith', among others. I don't think that's the case. I think people do know how one can 'know christ/god': by making it up in their minds. :dizzy:

I can know Mr. Hubblefluff personally.
How? Because I made him up in my mind.
POOF there he is!!!
This is how people 'know christ/god', because they do so with their mind.
And all of that is perfectly fine so long as these 'knowers' admit to that. Otherwise, they're lying not only to others, but to themselves.
How do I know this?
1) Been there done that bought the tee shirt (thankfully I kept the receipt for a full refund :ok: )
2) This 'made up 'knowing'' would help in explaining why there are SO MANY different believers, believing in the same god but having different views of what it means/wants/says (ie different sects of the same chosen belief system)
3) No one (let me reiterate that: NO ONE) has been able, for centuries, to show god is real in ANY facet past their individual wants, needs and desires. No one.

For discussion:
Prove me wrong. Show a way that you KNOW and can demonstrate that not only god is real, but you know (not believe, not believe in, not accept, not have faith in, or any other none sensical retort) - you KNOW god is real and you know this supreme being other than from within your own mind.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Knowing christ/god

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:39 pm

I believe I know ...

Well, if you had expressed yourself earlier in such a way, we would have no issue.

And all of that is perfectly fine so long as these 'knowers' admit to that. Otherwise, [I believe] they're lying not only to others, but to themselves. How do I know this? [Why do I believe this?]
1) Been there done that bought the tee shirt (thankfully I kept the receipt for a full refund
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Knowing christ/god

Post #12

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #11]
Well, if you had expressed yourself earlier in such a way, we would have no issue.
Hello pot :D I always try to use 'believe'. In this case, I was speaking specifically about KNOW, as the title of the thread indicates if you would have read that.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!