Moderator: Moderators

Diogenes
Guru

Christiantianity Gets Back to its Political Roots

Post #1

Post by Diogenes »

Christianity (and religion in general) gets back to its primary purpose:
Being a Tool for the State.
Since Constantine, the Church has been used to serve the interests of the State.
Before Constantine, Abraham invoked the name of 'God' to build and control his tribe.

Now we have the Russian Orthodox Church supporting the genocide against the Ukrainian people.
Since March 6th, when Kirill, the patriarch of Moscow and primate of the Russian Orthodox Church, gave an incendiary homily likening Russia’s invasion to a culture war against the West, plenty of questions have been asked about his role and his motives. Is he a tool of Vladimir Putin or Putin’s spiritual adviser? Is his vision of “Russky Mir” (“Russian World”) the basis for Putin’s war
https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... in-ukraine
There's nothing new under the Sun, but at least the Pope gets it:
"Pope Francis warned the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church not to be “Putin’s altar boy” and justify the Russian president’s invasion of Ukraine."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... h-ukraine/
[edit]
The question for debate: Is the primary purpose of religion to aid the State in its control of the populace?*

Last edited by Diogenes on Thu May 05, 2022 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius

pjharrison57
Student

Re: Christiantianity Gets Back to its Political Roots

Post #31

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #29]

They didn't kill Allah, because Allah is not God in the flesh. Jesus is a King from another Kingdom. Why would he try to fix a kingdom that is not his. They didn't want people to follow his kingdom. He was turning people against the kingdom of this world.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #32

Post by Clownboat »

pjharrison57 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:50 pm They didn't kill Allah, because Allah is not God in the flesh.
Correct. Allah has not been killed and is not a God in the flesh. Why did you type these words?
Jesus is a King from another Kingdom.
Jesus was never a King, unless you mean King of the Jews, but the Jews would not agree, so that would be an odd claim.
Why would he try to fix a kingdom that is not his.
Is he claimed to be loving? A loving thing would do just that. A loving being that doesn't exist would do no fixing like seems to be what we observe.
They didn't want people to follow his kingdom.
Who and what kingdom?
He was turning people against the kingdom of this world.
Who, what kingdom and how was this 'who' turning people against a kingdom of this world? These are some really vague and odd claims you are making.
Be well.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

pjharrison57
Student

Post #33

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #32]
Jesus's Kingdom is Heaven. You don't know that? Satan's kingdom is the world. Jesus is the King of Heaven. He didn't come to change this world; he came to save us out of it.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #34

Post by Clownboat »

pjharrison57 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 pm Jesus's Kingdom is Heaven. You don't know that?
If we are going to be honest, you nor I know if Jesus has a kingdom nor where it is if he has it.
What we do know is that you have a religious belief that supplies you with these claims. This makes you no different then one claiming Muhammed has a Kingdom and it is in heaven. You don't seem to get this though and continue on with your unevidenced and unjustified claims.
Satan's kingdom is the world.

You don't say! :roll:
Jesus is the King of Heaven.
I acknowledge that you believe this.
He didn't come to change this world;
No one claimed he did.
he came to save us out of it.
I acknowledge that you believe this. Are you aware of the billions of Muslims and the beliefs they hold? Their claims are empty though right? Yours reflect Truth... :roll:
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by JoeyKnothead »

pjharrison57 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #32]
Jesus's Kingdom is Heaven. You don't know that? Satan's kingdom is the world. Jesus is the King of Heaven. He didn't come to change this world; he came to save us out of it.
I want all y'all to think seriously about what's being said here.

And dig deep when the plate comes down your pew.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

pjharrison57
Student

Post #36

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #34]

I do know that Heaven is the Kingdom of God. When you get an answer from the Holy Spirit, you know it. It is a definite answer within you.

pjharrison57
Student

Post #37

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #35]
I don't attend any Church.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by JoeyKnothead »

pjharrison57 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:30 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #35]
I don't attend any Church.
Why bother with church, when ya do your own preaching?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Clownboat
Savant

Post #39

Post by Clownboat »

pjharrison57 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:29 pm I do know that Heaven is the Kingdom of God.
I don't believe you. Can you show that you speak the truth?
If not, you might as well be screaming Allahu Akbar from your rooftop.
When you get an answer from the Holy Spirit, you know it. It is a definite answer within you.
And there is the problem. The answer come from within you. No Holy Spirit has ever been shown to be a real thing. Human imagination and humans assigning agency to things is known though.

It seems that empty claims are the best you have. To that, I shout in your face 'Allahu Akbar'. <----- Said to make a point only.

pjharrison57
Student

Post #40

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #38]
I don't preach, I don't have anyone to preach too.