Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

POI
Prodigy

Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #1

Post by POI »

Seems there exists an unresolved topic amongst Christians... Seems as though the way to salvation is not unified among the many in which I engage. I'd wager they all have a case to support their position(s).?.?

For debate: How does one get to Heaven? What is God's criteria for His selection process? Is it by grace alone, belief/faith alone, works alone; or it is a combination of the three? Or is it maybe other? Please, not only present your case, but please also explain why the other asserted methods are incorrect.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

POI
Prodigy

Re: Grace (and/or) Belief/Faith (and/or) Works?

Post #201

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:04 pm Some of its clear, obviously, some of it is symbolism.
Apparently not. Unless by some, you mean all.

If I present the same question of "how is salvation achieved?", you still cannot answer --- (without giving exception(s).

Again, please remember the options:

A) unconditional grace --> all are saved
B) conditional grace --> by the topic of (faith/belief)
C) conditional grace --> by the topic of (works)
D) B & C
E) No one receives salvation, because no one is worthy

If you opt for an option F), please clarify? And please make sure it would not actually involve the categories/topics of B) and C).

You state the answer is D). But this excludes many, who do not possess the 'facilities' to accomplish both B) and C).

Question 1: Where does the Bible say you are saved by your belief/faith (and) our works, provided you are capable or possess all your necessary facilities?
Question 2: What about the areas of the Bible, where when asked about achieving salvation, only one of the two topics (belief/works) is mentioned?
Question 3: Even if one possess all 'facilities', and thinks the answer is D), the unanswered question(s) still remain... How much of B) and how much of C)? Since you wanted to give percentages/numbers prior, what is the percentage/rubric/standard of this <B) and C)> formula?.?.?.?.?

a. How much 'faith/belief' is enough?
b. How many works are enough?
c. Must your faith/belief NEVER waiver in the slightest?
d. Must you be performing works ALL the time, or X hours of the day?
e. Are some works worth more, or, are some works considered 'better' than others?
f. etc etc etc etc etc........

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #202

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:47 am
kjw47 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:04 pm Some of its clear, obviously, some of it is symbolism.

If I present the same question of "how is salvation achieved?", you still cannot answer --- (without giving exception(s).

D) B & C

If you opt for an option F), please clarify? And please make sure it would not actually involve the categories/topics of B) and C).

You state the answer is D). But this excludes many, who do not possess the 'facilities' to accomplish both B) and C).

Question 1: Where does the Bible say you are saved by your belief/faith (and) our works, provided you are capable or possess all your necessary facilities?
Question 2: What about the areas of the Bible, where when asked about achieving salvation, only one of the two topics (belief/works) is mentioned?
Question 3: Even if one possess all 'facilities', and thinks the answer is D), the unanswered question(s) still remain... How much of B) and how much of C)? Since you wanted to give percentages/numbers prior, what is the percentage/rubric/standard of this <B) and C)> formula?.?.?.?.?

e. Are some works worth more, or, are some works considered 'better' than others?

This is the answer--Matt 7:21--Those living now to do Jesus' Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom.
That will = Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God---to the best of their abilities--Those keep on studying OT-NT it never stops.

POI
Prodigy

Post #203

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:08 pm

D) B & C

This is the answer--Matt 7:21--Those living now to do Jesus' Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom.
That will = Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God---to the best of their abilities--Those keep on studying OT-NT it never stops.
Sorry, this does not clarify virtually anything I asked or mentioned above. So please, you can start by addressing what I asked. Or, at bare minimum, answer below...

1. Does (Matthew 7:21) provide a caveat for the ones who cannot follow, and/or the ones who certainly cannot do His requested will?
2. Must you be performing works ALL the time, or just X hours of the day?
3. Are some works worth more than others, or, are some works considered 'better' than others?
4. Must your faith in Him be 100% all the time, or less?
5. Can any of these items ever waiver?
etc etc etc.................

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #204

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:29 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:08 pm

D) B & C

Sorry, this does not clarify virtually anything I asked or mentioned above. So please, you can start by addressing what I asked. Or, at bare minimum, answer below...

1. Does (Matthew 7:21) provide a caveat for the ones who cannot follow, and/or the ones who certainly cannot do His requested will?
2. Must you be performing works ALL the time, or just X hours of the day?
3. Are some works worth more than others, or, are some works considered 'better' than others?
4. Must your faith in Him be 100% all the time, or less?
5. Can any of these items ever waiver?
etc etc etc.................

Those who love God put him first in their life. They live now to do his will over their own will. Then all those questions are answered by experience. I told you, those that do not have their faculties couldn't possibly do Gods will. He knows that. He is loving and merciful. All things he will take into consideration.

POI
Prodigy

Post #205

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:17 pm Those who love God put him first in their life. They live now to do his will over their own will. Then all those questions are answered by experience. I told you, those that do not have their faculties couldn't possibly do Gods will. He knows that. He is loving and merciful. All things he will take into consideration.
No. That does not resolve a thing. You can love god more than yourself and still need to answer the questions below.

I'm going to keep asking the same questions, until you actually answer them. I will not let you off the hook, until clarity is reached. Apparently, my eternal soul is on the line here. I need clarity, just as the other 99% apparently do. Your response could save MANY souls, since I have finally found the one who knows the truth.

Question 3: Even if one possess all 'facilities', and thinks the answer is D), the unanswered question(s) still remains... How much of B) and how much of C)? Since you wanted to give percentages/numbers prior, what is the percentage/rubric/standard of this <B) and C)> formula?.?.?.?.?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #206

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:52 pm
kjw47 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:17 pm Those who love God put him first in their life. They live now to do his will over their own will. Then all those questions are answered by experience. I told you, those that do not have their faculties couldn't possibly do Gods will. He knows that. He is loving and merciful. All things he will take into consideration.
No. That does not resolve a thing. You can love god more than yourself and still need to answer the questions below.

I'm going to keep asking the same questions, until you actually answer them. I will not let you off the hook, until clarity is reached. Apparently, my eternal soul is on the line here. I need clarity, just as the other 99% apparently do. Your response could save MANY souls, since I have finally found the one who knows the truth.

Question 3: Even if one possess all 'facilities', and thinks the answer is D), the unanswered question(s) still remains... How much of B) and how much of C)? Since you wanted to give percentages/numbers prior, what is the percentage/rubric/standard of this <B) and C)> formula?.?.?.?.?

One who loves God wouldnt need to ask those questions. You know the bible doesnt say--Jesus lived 24/7 to do his Fathers will. Then so must true followers.

POI
Prodigy

Post #207

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:33 pm One who loves God wouldnt need to ask those questions. You know the bible doesnt say--Jesus lived 24/7 to do his Fathers will. Then so must true followers.
Again, your reply does nothing to clarify achieving salvation. You can love god more than anything, but it is still up to god to determine if you are accepted, or not. Just like I can love others, more than myself, and they may or may not reciprocate --- based upon my actions, character, other. (i.e.) How many works must I do to show you? How often in order to show you? If my love ever waivers a bit, is that okay? What specific works are most important to demonstrate that I truly do love you more than I love myself? etc etc etc etc............ According to you, this is where things get very messy.

I'm tired of repeating the same questions, again and again. You are either not equipped to answer them, or realize that in answering my questions, it will place you in quite the bind. So please, look at all my questions/responses, for which you have ignored, and get to it... Otherwise, I will merely place you on the 'respond' list, with all the others, who have responded, but cared not to demonstrate coherency/clarity; for the path to salvation.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #208

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:23 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:33 pm One who loves God wouldnt need to ask those questions. You know the bible doesnt say--Jesus lived 24/7 to do his Fathers will. Then so must true followers.
Again, your reply does nothing to clarify achieving salvation. You can love god more than anything, but it is still up to god to determine if you are accepted, or not. Just like I can love others, more than myself, and they may or may not reciprocate --- based upon my actions, character, other. (i.e.) How many works must I do to show you? How often in order to show you? If my love ever waivers a bit, is that okay? What specific works are most important to demonstrate that I truly do love you more than I love myself? etc etc etc etc............ According to you, this is where things get very messy.

I'm tired of repeating the same questions, again and again. You are either not equipped to answer them, or realize that in answering my questions, it will place you in quite the bind. So please, look at all my questions/responses, for which you have ignored, and get to it... Otherwise, I will merely place you on the 'respond' list, with all the others, who have responded, but cared not to demonstrate coherency/clarity; for the path to salvation.

You need to show God. His opinion in the end is what counts. The bible does not answer your questions, Love and respect for God cannot be measured by mortals in anothers heart. I showed you what Jesus said-Matt 7:21-- Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved) there are 1535 pages of that will. It takes years to study and learn.

POI
Prodigy

Post #209

Post by POI »

kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 pm You need to show God.
I prayed to Him for 30+ years. No response. If He thinks my intent was pure, then He would not care that I was not in the right "church". Further, He sees me asking you to perform intercessory prayers on my behalf. Again, does He respond to true believers, and their intercessory prayer requests, or not? You still have not answered this question. Further, if He is all knowing, He would know that I'm asking for proof, over and over. If God claims to want all to seek Him, and is also claimed to intervene, don't you find it ODD that He is not contacting me? Your excuses are just that, EXCUSES.

Have you ever heard of Russel's Teapot? Look into it.... This is exactly what you are doing....
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 pm His opinion in the end is what counts. The bible does not answer your questions, Love and respect for God cannot be measured by mortals in anothers heart.
If the Bible does not answer your questions, then I guess that means you too have unanswered questions ;) I find this odd however, being you claim to be of the enlightened top 1%. And yet you cannot tell me how one is saved, other than giving me loose and broad statements that anyone can say..... (i.e.) "God is fair"
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 pm I showed you what Jesus sai If He knew my intent id-Matt 7:21-- Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved) there are 1535 pages of that will. It takes years to study and learn.
What IS His will exactly? Again, can it be measured and/or quantified? How many works? Are some works better than others? How much love is necessary, even though you love him more than yourself? Can you take a day off from these necessary works? Is baptism required? If so, when? etc etc etc etc.............

You care not to expound upon really anything... You just preach 'faith' and assert you have the right doctrine. Great, maybe you can start providing some clarity?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #210

Post by kjw47 »

POI wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:21 pm
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 pm You need to show God.
I prayed to Him for 30+ years. No response. If He thinks my intent was pure, then He would not care that I was not in the right "church". Further, He sees me asking you to perform intercessory prayers on my behalf. Again, does He respond to true believers, and their intercessory prayer requests, or not? You still have not answered this question. Further, if He is all knowing, He would know that I'm asking for proof, over and over. If God claims to want all to seek Him, and is also claimed to intervene, don't you find it ODD that He is not contacting me? Your excuses are just that, EXCUSES.

Have you ever heard of Russel's Teapot? Look into it.... This is exactly what you are doing....
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 pm His opinion in the end is what counts. The bible does not answer your questions, Love and respect for God cannot be measured by mortals in anothers heart.
If the Bible does not answer your questions, then I guess that means you too have unanswered questions ;) I find this odd however, being you claim to be of the enlightened top 1%. And yet you cannot tell me how one is saved, other than giving me loose and broad statements that anyone can say..... (i.e.) "God is fair"
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 pm I showed you what Jesus sai If He knew my intent id-Matt 7:21-- Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( be saved) there are 1535 pages of that will. It takes years to study and learn.
What IS His will exactly? Again, can it be measured and/or quantified? How many works? Are some works better than others? How much love is necessary, even though you love him more than yourself? Can you take a day off from these necessary works? Is baptism required? If so, when? etc etc etc etc.............

You care not to expound upon really anything... You just preach 'faith' and assert you have the right doctrine. Great, maybe you can start providing some clarity?

I would say you probably prayed to the non existent trinity god you were taught. The Abrahamic God of Israel = a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)
By studying his written word one learns many facts of what God dislikes and what he accepts. The answers come to those, but are hard to explain.
Jesus said this--John 17:3( a prayer to his Father)--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Christ Jesus.---The only way one can know them both is by studying the bible-it never stops. John 17:6=YHWH(Jehovah) John 17:26= YHWH(Jehovah) = the Father.