Can anyone give good reason to believe Yahweh is not a demon?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Demand animal sacrifices.
Demand the Hebrew commit genocide for a cultural misunderstanding.
A demon would murder planets because he was having a tantrum.
When the Hebrew's generations were weakened by following it, had them undergo genocides themselves.
A demon would allow Adam and Eve to be corrupted, for reasons opaque. (Perfect beings not intending to sin, sinning.)
A demon would be defeated by a greater power (Satan) yet claim victory.
A demon would turn people to salt for looking back.
A demon would claim to love you, while sending most folks to Hell.
A demon would write a book saying he was good, omnipotent and full of all sorts of propaganda.
A demon would re-name itself "God," to capitalize on the conflation with the benevolence of deities.

...and so on.

Can anyone provide good reason to not suspect Yahweh is a demon?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Can anyone give good reason to believe Yahweh is not a demon?

Post #51

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:58 pm [Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #48]
Maybe if Christians hadn't rounded up the jews by the millions and stuffed em in ovens, well, ya know.
You know that is nonsense if you believe that. Anyway, clearly for you YHWH is a demon and so are His followers.
Do you deny the Holocaust occurred?

Do you, dear observer, think Christians're really so put upon, that Christian involvement in the Holocaust should be dismissed?

I return to what got me here...

Our claimant has declared his favored god can see.

Our claimant has declared he knows the mind of his favored god.

How is it Christians're so adept at diversion, and so inept at showing they speak truth?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #52

Post by Wootah »

brunumb wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:07 pm
Wootah wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:59 pm
You may also not realise that Christians are the most persecuted people on Earth. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48146305
Read the article carefully. The irony is that it essentially involves religious groups persecuting other religious groups.
Yes, and in fairness China is atheist and the Chinese are 1 billion people and they are pretty heavily persecuted by their government.

edit: And are the babies being killed in abortions happening by a Christian America or an atheist America. Future debaters want to know if Christians will be blamed for that one as well when future debaters point out how obviously evil that was?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #53

Post by Wootah »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:33 pm
Maybe if Christians hadn't rounded up the jews by the millions and stuffed em in ovens, well, ya know.
You know that is nonsense if you believe that. Anyway, clearly for you YHWH is a demon and so are His followers.

Do you, dear observer, think Christians're really so put upon, that Christian involvement in the Holocaust should be dismissed?

How is it Christians're so adept at diversion, and so inept at showing they speak truth?
I was not denying the holocaust I was denying that old furphy about Hitler being Christian and so on.
You are literally in the thread that explains that. To be explicit: this thread is showing how we demonise others and that demonisation goes all the way down to the roots - their God must be a demon. So of course you don't think Christians speak the truth.

The point of the thread is to observe ourselves and challenge that notion - not deepen our belief in it.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #54

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:46 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:33 pm

I was not denying the holocaust I was denying that old furphy about Hitler being Christian and so on.
You are literally in the thread that explains that. To be explicit: this thread is showing how we demonise others and that demonisation goes all the way down to the roots - their God must be a demon. So of course you don't think Christians speak the truth.

The point of the thread is to observe ourselves and challenge that notion - not deepen our belief in it.
Still no attempt to support the following...

God sees.

You know the mind of God.

But I give it to ya on your spectacular avoidance strategy.
-Punkinhead Martin

Willum
Savant

Post #55

Post by Willum »

[Replying to Wootah in post #45]
You are posting subjective nonsense. However, ironically, I do agree that God appears like a demon to you.
I am posting subjective nonsense?!
That is quite the funny.

Since your deity has not even been established to EXIST, you are posting "objective" nonsense derived from a fictional character, in a book that, to an objective observer, is a horror story of a monster god ruling over subjects who are PROUD of it.

I think everyone would like to know how THAT works.

Even if your god can be distinguished from fiction, or even your personal “god,” aka imaginary friend, could be distinguished from fiction, its morality would just be it’s OPINION.

An opinion that is NOT shared by any outside the religion, and apologized for vehemently by Apologists within.

The game is Poker, not Candy Land, come back when you have some cards in your hands.

Wootah
Savant

Post #56

Post by Wootah »

Willum wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:52 pm The game is Poker, not Candy Land, come back when you have some cards in your hands.
Poker doesn't need cards in your hands btw....

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:00 pm
Willum wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:52 pm The game is Poker, not Candy Land, come back when you have some cards in your hands.
Nor, does it seem, does the Christian feel it necessary to show their claims're truth.

Wootah claims God can see, offers excuses and diversions when his bet gets called.

Wootah claims he knows the mind of God, folds his hand when I raise the pot.

I only need to read your claims to see your bluff!
-Punkinhead Martin

Willum
Savant

Post #58

Post by Willum »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:17 pm
Nor, does it seem, does the Christian feel it necessary to show their claims're truth.

Wootah claims God can see, offers excuses and diversions when his bet gets called.

OF COURSE he knows the mind of God.
An infinite and unknowable creature.

He knows it, because amazingly, what he believes about God is 100% correct.
Conversely, God believes exactly the same things Woot does, therefore Woot knows his mind.

That is the nature of imaginary friends.

How much would you like to wager he continues to avoid the thrust of our posts, and continues to focus on Candy Land?
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

brunumb
Savant

Post #59

Post by brunumb »

Wootah wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:40 pm And are the babies being killed in abortions happening by a Christian America or an atheist America. Future debaters want to know if Christians will be blamed for that one as well when future debaters point out how obviously evil that was?
You be the judge.

"A survey by a Christian research group suggests 70 percent of women who've had an abortion identify as Christian."
http://www.mtv.com/news/2679975/lifeway ... abortions/
"In fact, research has consistently shown that the majority of people who obtain an abortion have a religious affiliation. According to the most recent Guttmacher Institute data, in 2014:
17% of abortion patients identified as mainline Protestant;
13% as evangelical Protestant;
24% as Catholic;
38% reported no religious affiliation; and
8% reported some other affiliation."
https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2020 ... -abortions
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Wootah
Savant

Post #60

Post by Wootah »

Willum wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:23 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:17 pm

OF COURSE he knows the mind of God.
An infinite and unknowable creature.

He knows it, because amazingly, what he believes about God is 100% correct.
Conversely, God believes exactly the same things Woot does, therefore Woot knows his mind.

That is the nature of imaginary friends.

How much would you like to wager he continues to avoid the thrust of our posts, and continues to focus on Candy Land?
Willum creates a thread in a Christian debating forum saying God is a demon and ends his own thread attacking others because they are talking about an imaginary friend called God.

The internet writes itself once more.