Can anyone give good reason to believe Yahweh is not a demon?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Demand animal sacrifices.
Demand the Hebrew commit genocide for a cultural misunderstanding.
A demon would murder planets because he was having a tantrum.
When the Hebrew's generations were weakened by following it, had them undergo genocides themselves.
A demon would allow Adam and Eve to be corrupted, for reasons opaque. (Perfect beings not intending to sin, sinning.)
A demon would be defeated by a greater power (Satan) yet claim victory.
A demon would turn people to salt for looking back.
A demon would claim to love you, while sending most folks to Hell.
A demon would write a book saying he was good, omnipotent and full of all sorts of propaganda.
A demon would re-name itself "God," to capitalize on the conflation with the benevolence of deities.

...and so on.

Can anyone provide good reason to not suspect Yahweh is a demon?

Willum
Savant

Re: Can anyone give good reason to believe Yahweh is not a demon?

Post #71

Post by Willum »

Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:18 am [Replying to Willum in post #69]

I didnt say i felt attacked. I don't think i opened any of the tangents in this thread either.
Which leaves, spectacularly avoiding those items that would demonstrate your deity was false.

I don’t suppose you want to go through and examine those points you can’t answer without exposing God as a misconception?
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

otseng
Savant

Post #72

Post by otseng »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:01 am There ya go, Christian, avoid, deflect, and delay, then ask me to wade back through the cess pool you created.

I have zero confidence you'll honor your claim here.

I trust the observer has the data they need to conclude you'll simply not be bothered to support your claims.

The liar lies, and the preacher preaches.
Moderator Comment

Please let's debate without making it personal.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Wootah
Savant

Post #73

Post by Wootah »

Willum wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:53 am
Wootah wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:18 am [Replying to Willum in post #69]

I didnt say i felt attacked. I don't think i opened any of the tangents in this thread either.
Which leaves, spectacularly avoiding those items that would demonstrate your deity was false.

I don’t suppose you want to go through and examine those points you can’t answer without exposing God as a misconception?
What was unanswered according to you?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Willum
Savant

Post #74

Post by Willum »

[Replying to Wootah in post #73]

You lack of answers define volumes.

That you wish to pretend you can’t read the issues put before you, and ask ingenuous questions tells us you don’t believe your claims either.

Good talk.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #75

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Willum wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:12 pm [Replying to Wootah in post #73]

You lack of answers define volumes.

That you wish to pretend you can’t read the issues put before you, and ask ingenuous questions tells us you don’t believe your claims either.

Good talk.
It seems a quite common tactic among some of the Christians here to draw out an argument across several pages, then ask others to search back through the thread for specifics.

Instead of just admitting they can't show they speak truth.

The god concept is one heckuva coping mechanism.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Wootah
Savant

Post #76

Post by Wootah »

Hi guys,

I am hoping to post this as appeasement. I live by faith and not by sight. I haven't seen God or experienced any miracles. I have read and listened, participated at church and acted upon and put my faith in the Bible as the word of God. So far so good. Not that I treat it as prosperity gospel, in fact, I think it is of far more value to the suffering. I believe there is enough evidence for the actuality of the bible events having occurred. So I don't know what else you want me to say.

Anyway. If you expected more that's all I've got. But I can understand why you support YHWH is a demon in this thread but if you head towards the light you might find out God is good one day.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Willum
Savant

Post #77

Post by Willum »

[Replying to Wootah in post #76]

If you life by faith not sight, it should be easy for you to understand the color of Yahweh's soul is black, not gold, because you can't see it.
So you claim you can't see if Yahweh is good or bad, because you have faith it is good.
Why do you have faith in racist, misogynistic, 3rd century goat herders, with and unbroken oral tradition that contradicts itself at every level? Why, when you can know based on modern observation and philosophy?

I guess we'll take you at your word, and dismiss your opinion.

Wootah
Savant

Post #78

Post by Wootah »

Willum wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:33 am [Replying to Wootah in post #76]

If you life by faith not sight, it should be easy for you to understand the color of Yahweh's soul is black, not gold, because you can't see it.
So you claim you can't see if Yahweh is good or bad, because you have faith it is good.
Why do you have faith in racist, misogynistic, 3rd century goat herders, with and unbroken oral tradition that contradicts itself at every level? Why, when you can know based on modern observation and philosophy?

I guess we'll take you at your word, and dismiss your opinion.
My arguments in this thread don't relate to my opinion. They stand separately. I think my responses to the thread are very strong and that is ultimately what you and Joey reacted so vehemently to. I am just trying to give you guys a reply to the constant request for me to answer something you think I didn't.

Ultimately you claim to be a modern rational atheist scientific person and yet here in this thread you created you think YHWH might be a demon. It's an irreconcilable contradictory mess - but you do you.

Anyway, I offer what I wrote. I think we dismiss history and its voice far too quickly and repeat the same mistakes repeatedly. I'll know you have dismissed my opinion when you stop replying.

Willum
Savant

Post #79

Post by Willum »

So eight pages of comments, the best say he is a demon, the next say neither Yahweh nor demons exist, and the last say he is not because of personal reflection.

Let that be Yahweh's epitaph.

William
Savant

Post #80

Post by William »

Willum wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:27 pm So eight pages of comments, the best say he is a demon, the next say neither Yahweh nor demons exist, and the last say he is not because of personal reflection.
Rather, he can be either, depending upon personal refection. If one thinks YVHV is a demon, one will eventually encounter that aspect one believes YVHV to being.

Biblically speaking, this seems to run through the script.

Generally speaking, the branch of theism known as Gnosticism regards YVHV as the demiurge...a false creator-God who has deceived the world and suppressed humankind into servitude...so - in that sense Gnosticism regards YVHV more the 'demon' entity than a true representation of GOD.