Predestination and justice

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Predestination and justice

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

https://reformedwiki.com/verses/predestination If God predestined the lives of humans, how can it be just for God to send some to heaven and some to hell?

William
Savant

Re: Predestination and justice

Post #31

Post by William »

[Replying to oldbadger in post #30]
OK. So you do believe in Spirits, mediums and healers. Well, that's what your answer looks like to me.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion.
And animals do have spirits and souls, same as yourself. Yes?
No. Animals [biological forms] are containers.

eta;

William: This was written to me recently;
as a Deist I cannot accept any divine interventions that are recorded in the gospels or anywhere else....... Nature only for me, which is pretty scary.......! :)
William: What the Deist ignores, is the medium of nature being representative of the Deist idea of GOD.
Sure, such a mind as the Deist GOD is incapable of directly connecting with consciousnesses within biological forms. The forms become the indirect medium between that Mind and individual minds.

{SOURCE}

oldbadger
Guru

Post #32

Post by oldbadger »

William wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:08 pm I don't know how you came to that conclusion.
Thank you....... so I'm guessing that's a 'No' to any belief in spirits, ghosts....or real mediums. Yes?
So I'm guessing that for you only humans can have souls, spirits etc.
William: This was written to me recently;
quoted by OB (that's me!) as a Deist I cannot accept any divine interventions that are recorded in the gospels or anywhere else....... Nature only for me, which is pretty scary.......! :)

William: What the Deist ignores, is the medium of nature being representative of the Deist idea of GOD.
Sure, such a mind as the Deist GOD is incapable of directly connecting with consciousnesses within biological forms. The forms become the indirect medium between that Mind and individual minds.

{SOURCE}
Your quotation was bang on.
Yes, as a Deist I ignore all but the simple tenet, written in a sentence, that everything and force is a part of an enormous whole, possibly so huge that our universe is tiny by comparison, and that NATURE RULES HERE. I don't entangle myself with anything more complex, William.

Quotation:-
'If a person cannot explain something simply, then they don't know enough about the subject.'
Albert Einstein

William
Savant

Post #33

Post by William »

[Replying to oldbadger in post #32]
No. You don't have to guess. I plainly did not say that.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #34

Post by oldbadger »

William wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:37 pm [Replying to oldbadger in post #32]
No. You don't have to guess. I plainly did not say that.
My apologies, I got that wrong. What you had replied to my mention of animals and souls was:-

I have no doubt that the more academically empowered members could grasp your every phrase and sentence, I, however, am at a loss.

Kylie
Apprentice

Post #35

Post by Kylie »

Compassionist wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:42 pm https://reformedwiki.com/verses/predestination If God predestined the lives of humans, how can it be just for God to send some to heaven and some to hell?
It can't be.

There is no justice when people are punished or rewarded for things that they had no control over.