Divine Healing

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Divine Healing

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

I saw this video and am most impressed by this apparent divine healing. If this girl was healed by God, why doesn't God heal all Christians? I know many Christians who are ill and who have even died from various illnesses.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Divine Healing

Post #41

Post by JehovahsWitness »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 amIf what God had made was very good, then there can be no wickedness in critters unless God put it there.
By "critters" do you mean all living things including humans or by "critters" are you refering to ONLY to humans*?

*Humans biblically are group distinct and seperate from animals, insects and inanimate objects)

Clarification appreciated but not really expected

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 am Therefore God destroying the critters is a vile and reprehensible act...
If you are referring to the flood of Noah's day, I would have to ask you .. why? Why do you believe destroying the land animals outside of the Ark was {quote} "a vile and reprehensible act"?

Clarification appreciated but not really expected

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #42

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 amIf what God had made was very good, then there can be no wickedness ... unless God put it there. ...If He did not put wickedness instincts there, they could not sin
I take it here you are referring to HUMANS who are capable of making moral choices. For a more detailed response please see my post : If Adam and Eve were perfect, how could they sin? CAN a perfect being, sin?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 03#p873903

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 am... (even if reason and Choice somehow means that Adam isn't as excused).
Adam biblically has not been excused at all: he was rightly held fully responsible for his actions.

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

FREE WILL, SIN and ...THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND BAD

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

brunumb
Savant

Post #43

Post by brunumb »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:15 am *Humans biblically are group distinct and seperate from animals, insects and inanimate objects)
Who cares what they are according to the Bible? Bats are not birds for example. Humans, as well as insects by the way, are animals. Just another instance where the Bible is irrelevant.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #44

brunumb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:37 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:15 am *Humans biblically are group distinct and seperate from animals, insects and inanimate objects)
Who cares what they are according to the Bible? ... Humans, as well as insects by the way, are animals. Just another instance where the Bible is irrelevant.
I do or I wouldnt have mentioned it. More importantly, the OP is requesting information on the biblical point of view and since we are presently discussing the biblical point of view in a forum dedicated to Christianity & Apologetics, the point was entirely relevant.

brunumb
Savant

Post #45

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #44]

The OP is asking about divine healing. So your references to the classification of animals is doubly irrelevant as well as being incorrect.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #46

Post by JoeyKnothead »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:56 am
brunumb wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:37 am
Who cares what they are according to the Bible? ... Humans, as well as insects by the way, are animals. Just another instance where the Bible is irrelevant.
I do or I wouldnt have mentioned it. More importantly, the OP is requesting information on the biblical point of view and since we are presently discussing the biblical point of view in a forum dedicated to Christianity & Apologetics, the point was entirely relevant.
The bible also says some dead dude hopped up and strolled on off to the Piggly Wiggly for the Sunday sale.

"Biblically speaking" is no better'n Mother Goosely speaking.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Compassionist
Guru

Post #47

Post by Compassionist »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:54 pm
Compassionist wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:36 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:50 pm

Yes okay I understand that, billions, gazillions, katrillions... but so WHAT?!
Why would allowing species to go extinct be significant? I take it you are trying to imply creating species and allowing them to die out implies some kind of moral failing in some way, can you explain what that would be.
God should not have let species go extinct because .....(WHY??!)
All living things should be forever happy if there is a loving God who made them. It would be a testimony to God's realness and goodness.
Firstly, thank you for understanding the question and attempting to answer it.

So your reasoning on this is :all animals should have been granted immortality? Would this extent to insects? Fruit flies? What about microscopie organisms? Immortality for all living things?

Please confirm.

JW
Yes, I want all living things to ever exist (including insects and microscopic organisms) to be given omniscience and omnipotence so that no one can harm them.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #48

Post by TRANSPONDER »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:21 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 amIf what God had made was very good, then there can be no wickedness ... unless God put it there. ...If He did not put wickedness instincts there, they could not sin
I take it here you are referring to HUMANS who are capable of making moral choices. For a more detailed response please see my post : If Adam and Eve were perfect, how could they sin? CAN a perfect being, sin?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 03#p873903

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:50 am... (even if reason and Choice somehow means that Adam isn't as excused).
Adam biblically has not been excused at all: he was rightly held fully responsible for his actions.

FREE WILL, SIN and ...THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND BAD
it's a debating point to what extent God is culpable for the capacity of of humans to sin because they have a choice - making mechanism that is not too apparent in animals, which seem rather to be creatures of unthinking instinct, arguably.

That doesn't alter the situation with animals who were made 'perfect' (if they were made wicked it's God's fault, not theirs) so I can see no way in which they deserved to be wiped out in the Flood. Unless in some way Adam's fall brought all of the 'perfect; creation with it. That does raise the question, though of why God would allow that to happen to an (arguably) blameless creation.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #49

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Compassionist wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:42 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:54 pm
Compassionist wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:36 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:50 pm

Yes okay I understand that, billions, gazillions, katrillions... but so WHAT?!
Why would allowing species to go extinct be significant? I take it you are trying to imply creating species and allowing them to die out implies some kind of moral failing in some way, can you explain what that would be.
God should not have let species go extinct because .....(WHY??!)
All living things should be forever happy if there is a loving God who made them. It would be a testimony to God's realness and goodness.
Firstly, thank you for understanding the question and attempting to answer it.

So your reasoning on this is :all animals should have been granted immortality? Would this extent to insects? Fruit flies? What about microscopie organisms? Immortality for all living things?

Please confirm.

JW
Yes, I want all living things to ever exist (including insects and microscopic organisms) to be given omniscience and omnipotence so that no one can harm them.
Yes. This is implied if immortality is part of a perfect creation. If death is a punishment for sin, then I must suppose all creatures were immortal. If not, we must suppose that death was a normal part of God's creation and Humans were exempted from it. This is odd as without death how could humans get into heaven, which was surely God's intention? I suppose that different meaning is implied that death implies a banning from an eternal life in heaven (according to Christian theology - Jewish thought is more regaining an immortal life on a future earth after the messianic event. According to Pharisee thought, at any rate.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #50

TRANSPONDER wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:20 am
it's a debating point to what extent God is culpable for the capacity of of humans to sin because they have a choice - ...

It might be after the premise has been established, which it has not.

FREE WILL, THE ORIGINAL SIN and ... RESPONSIBILITY