Divine Healing

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Compassionist
Guru

Divine Healing

Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

I saw this video and am most impressed by this apparent divine healing. If this girl was healed by God, why doesn't God heal all Christians? I know many Christians who are ill and who have even died from various illnesses.

Compassionist
Guru

Re: Divine Healing

Post #71

Post by Compassionist »

oldbadger wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:16 am
Compassionist wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:46 am
Anyone who is not omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnnipotent is inadequate and anyone who does not own an infinite number of universes is poor. Mother Nature is not a conscious entity. It's our personification of reality which is not a person at all.
Indeed. True. Mother Nature is quite unaware of and/or disinterested in us. But many cultures have treated Nature as the Giver and Taker of all, which could be the reason why names are given, and gender also since she brings forth everything in its time.
We have been searching for life on other planets and moons and asteroids for a long time but have not found any. Why aren't there living things everywhere, including the vastness of empty space? Why do living things have to consume air, water and food to live? If I made living things, the would all exist without consuming anything and they would all be omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent and own an infinite number of universes each.
Well, we've only been around for a comparatively short time.
An infinite number of universes.......... that's an awful lot of mammon! :)
It's horrific that living things consume other living things. Humans kill and consume billions of sentient organisms every year. Please see https://thevegancalculator.com/animal-slaughter I wish I could prevent all the suffering, injustice, and deaths but I can't.
If you ruled this world would you legislate to make it law that nobody is allowed to kill anything else?
I would never agree to rule the world. No one should be ruling the world. I am omnibenevolent. If I were also omniscient and omnipotent, I would simply make all living things omnibenevolent, omniscient, omnipotent and the owner of an infinite number of universes each. The consequence would be eternal happiness and love and fellowship for all. We will have a truly egalitarian reality full of true equals. There would be no money in such a reality as omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent beings don't need to buy or sell anything.

oldbadger
Guru

Post #72

Post by oldbadger »

Compassionist wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 am
I would never agree to rule the world. No one should be ruling the world. I am omnibenevolent. If I were also omniscient and omnipotent, I would simply make all living things omnibenevolent, omniscient, omnipotent and the owner of an infinite number of universes each. The consequence would be eternal happiness and love and fellowship for all. We will have a truly egalitarian reality full of true equals. There would be no money in such a reality as omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent beings don't need to buy or sell anything.
Everybody happy, contented, at peace with each other? That would be a wonderful world, I think. :)

Compassionist
Guru

Post #73

Post by Compassionist »

oldbadger wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:33 am
Compassionist wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 am
Everybody happy, contented, at peace with each other? That would be a wonderful world, I think. :)
Yup. :)