Post #1

Post by Compassionist »

Is he telling the truth?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: Is he telling the truth?

Post #2

Post by Athetotheist »

Compassionist wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:59 pm Is he telling the truth?
Biden & Putin on their way out? Biden's getting up in years----and down in approval ratings----and I seem to remember something being said recently about Putin having been treated for cancer and surviving an assassination attempt, so nothing here would be surprising.

Harris struggling with inabilities? Again, nothing surprising.

Elizabeth Warren coming to prominence? Maybe she'll make another speech.

Paris will be a hotbed of turbulence? Nothing new there either (remember the Yellow Vests?).

Not every pagan god's birthday is December 21st. Mithra's birthday is December 25th, when the return of the sun becomes noticable. Who else's birthday is celebrated around that time?

"Shifting energy fields" causing climate change? This circle seems to prefer climate change being a fulfillment of Bible prophecy rather than a result of industrial pollution.

A massive increase in earthquakes? Jesus mentions earthquakes in the gospels, so they're always on about that.

This guy may believe everything he's saying, but a lot of it hardly takes a prophet to predict. I guess we'll see how it comes out, especially with the wild card about India (too bad he didn't provide a precise timetable for that).

brunumb
Savant

Post #3

Post by brunumb »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

:( I gave up when he claimed to have received an angelic visitation. Some people are just SO special. Might try again later.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

I too didn't get past the "angelic visitation," but do want to know where I can send my dollars to support whatever he needs supported, just in case. Pascal's wager and all you know.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #5

Post by TRANSPONDER »

"The Fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no God...'"

But the bigger fool doesn't stop to ask "Which god?' and He and his money are soon parted.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #6

Post by Compassionist »

[Replying to Athetotheist in post #2]

I agree with you. Climate change is not caused by "shifting energy fields". He is wrong about this. Why didn't he video the angel speaking to him and put it on YouTube? Could it be because he is lying about an angel visiting him?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Compassionist in post #6
Why didn't he video the angel speaking to him and put it on YouTube? Could it be because he is lying about an angel visiting him?
He does say that he saw the angel when he woke up. Maybe he wasn't as wide awake as he thinks he was. It might have been more effective if the angel had appeared while he was having breakfast.

Miles
Savant

Post #8

Post by Miles »

Athetotheist wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:53 am [Replying to Compassionist in post #6
Why didn't he video the angel speaking to him and put it on YouTube? Could it be because he is lying about an angel visiting him?
He does say that he saw the angel when he woke up. Maybe he wasn't as wide awake as he thinks he was. It might have been more effective if the angel had appeared while he was having breakfast.
I've heard angels don't do breakfast gigs. Image

Tcg
Savant

Post #9

Post by Tcg »

It's a bit convenient isn't it that the angel just happened to visit the same day this "prophet" needed to have a message ready for the congregation? I suspect also that this "prophet" had developed the outline of the message before the angel came and reveled to him the very things he's probably been preparing to speak on all along. In other words, no, I don't think he is telling the truth.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

bjs1
Sage

Post #10

Post by bjs1 »

I tend to agree with Athetotheist that the claims are vague enough that they could just be reasonable guesses instead of any meaningful prophecy. For instance, if Biden does not run again then Harris his natural successor. Should she win then no matter how she performs as president there will always be those who say that she “struggles” at the very least.

That said, these prophesies are outside the norm of biblical prophecy. Except for parts of the book of Daniel, biblical prophesies always had an ethical element for the people who received the prophecy. There was a call to repentance aimed primarily at God’s people.

This man’s angelic vision seems much more along the lines of telling people “what their itching ears want to hear.”
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin