Moderator: Moderators

Selfless

David is Jesus's Ancestor?

Post #1

Post by Selfless »

:D
Hello Everyone,

One of the many contradictions in the 'Holy' Bible can be seen in Matt 1:1

'The book of genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham'.

This completely contradicts the widely accepted belief of God being Jesus's father through the miraculous birth through Virgin Mary. I have looked everywhere and have not found one source telling with supporting evidence that Mary has lineage to David either. There can be no other interpretation of this falsity, and if there is, it must have been hiding away in the annals of all of the Christian's minds who have even bothered to skim through the Bible even slightly.

Care to explain with sources and widely accepted proof?
Scott

Amadeus
Scholar

Post #41

Post by Amadeus »

Just a comment:

Perhaps Pilate was beginning to doubt the Pharisees' accusations, and realized that Jesus had done no wrong. Maybe, Pilate wondered if Jesus's claims were true. THAT would account for his unusual mercy.

RevJP
Scholar

Post #42

Post by RevJP »

Pilate presented as merciful? Inconsitent with the Pilate presented by extra-biblical history? Not really:

History or Gospel?

Amadeus
Scholar

Post #43

Post by Amadeus »

Have you never heard of a change of heart? Even more important: do you doubt that following God (if we can wonder if Pilate was considering this) can change a person drastically?

RevJP
Scholar

Post #44

Post by RevJP »

I was simply suggesting that Pilates actions were not inconsistent with his behavior, that there are very sound political reasons for him to take the actions he took and avoid other actions.

I don't agree with the secular historians who claim that the Pilate represented in the Gospels was inconsistent with the Pilate represented in extra-biblical writings. I think they ignore the obvious for their own reasons.

Amadeus
Scholar

Post #45

Post by Amadeus »

Oh, gotcha ;)

Lotan
Guru

Post #46

Post by Lotan »

RevJP wrote:I don't agree with the secular historians who claim that the Pilate represented in the Gospels was inconsistent with the Pilate represented in extra-biblical writings. I think they ignore the obvious for their own reasons.
What do you imagine those reasons are, Rev?
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14

RevJP
Scholar

Post #47

Post by RevJP »

I wouldn't know, hence my statement that they are their own reasons.