Reasons people deny God!

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

adamson

Reasons people deny God!

Post #1

Post by adamson »

Hello!

My name is Adam. I was just surfing the web and came across this forum and decided to make a quick register and write a topic, as i saw there was quite a few god-deniers here, and I wanted to ask them (you) why you are like this.

The only reasons I myself can come up with would be that you are such a self-centred person that you do not want God to "decide" what you are allowed to do, and not to do. Maybe you are a gambler, go to brothels, a killer or a thief. I hope of course most of you are not, but just as a logical assumption, i must assume you are something like that, or similar to any of it, as i see no other reason.

I am a proud American. And my personal opinion is that god-deniers should not be considered american citizens as this country was founded upon the glory of God. And my country is currently, and have been during the last century the guardian of peace for the world. We protected the world from communism, terrorism, facism and everything that is evil. Even when people insult us, we aid them and give them help. We give poor countrys billions of dollars just because we are know it is good and yet, they come and insult us, and then ask for more. How can you, especially as american, deny god and insult your nation in that manner? It makes no sense to me.

Best Regards
Adam

stuart shepherd
Apprentice

Re: Reasons people deny God!

Post #21

Post by stuart shepherd »

adamson wrote:Hello!

My name is Adam. I was just surfing the web and came across this forum and decided to make a quick register and write a topic, as i saw there was quite a few god-deniers here, and I wanted to ask them (you) why you are like this.

The only reasons I myself can come up with would be that you are such a self-centred person that you do not want God to "decide" what you are allowed to do, and not to do. Maybe you are a gambler, go to brothels, a killer or a thief. I hope of course most of you are not, but just as a logical assumption, i must assume you are something like that, or similar to any of it, as i see no other reason.

I am a proud American. And my personal opinion is that god-deniers should not be considered american citizens as this country was founded upon the glory of God. And my country is currently, and have been during the last century the guardian of peace for the world. We protected the world from communism, terrorism, facism and everything that is evil. Even when people insult us, we aid them and give them help. We give poor countrys billions of dollars just because we are know it is good and yet, they come and insult us, and then ask for more. How can you, especially as american, deny god and insult your nation in that manner? It makes no sense to me.

Best Regards
Adam
Dear Adam,
I think that you must be very young. Perhaps you are only a teenager.
Your prose reads like one who has been well schooled in patriotism and religiousity. As you develop more life experience I think you will see things differently.
I believe that there is a GOD, but I am against the religions that men have made up to keep people in bondage. I am most familiar with Christianity and I know that it is a fraud.
I served in Viet Nam and I even have a purple heart. When we knew it was our turn to go out on an "operation" it is always a tense anxious time. Everyone knows that some may die and some will be maimed. Men talk the day before and I always heard some Christian say that he is not worried because if he dies he will go to heaven. Now that I know better, I know that this attitude cheapens life. Patriotism cheapens life. If mankind knew that patriotism and religion are the way to get them to do someone elses bidding even at the expense of their life then we might have fewer wars and less casualties. Smarten up! There may sometimes be a reason to fight, but don't allow the politicians to throw your life away by apealing to your love of country and the fraud that if you die you will be with Jesus.
Protect your most important asset....your life.

stuart shepherd

Cryopyre
Student

Post #22

Post by Cryopyre »

Best Regards
Adam
Hello Adam, I'm a god-denier too, welcome to the forums, not that I've been active a whole-lot here.

I'm none of you egotistical-extreme cases, though I will admit to being self-centered too, just as everyone is, occasionally. I attempt to improve myself in this way with no aid from god, in this way I can attribut self-improvements to be just that, an achievement of my own.

As for America, it was not founded solely on Christians, although that is often said, many of the founding fathers were diests and humanists.

After all, Ben Franklin once said "Faith is a Cop-Out"

Well, welcome again, I'm sure you'll spawn very lively conversations.

Metatron
Guru

Post #23

Post by Metatron »

First, I should ask you what the definition of "god-denier" is. The definition that you appear to be using from your statement above appears to be someone who acknowledges God's existence but then deliberately rejects him because he won't allow them to engage in criminal activity. I would state that I have never personally met a person who matches this definition and the only people that I have heard of who might are Satanists.

What you instead will encounter at this site are atheists and agnostics who do not believe in the existence of God because of a lack of credible evidence. They are not "god-deniers" because you have to acknowledge that God exists in the first place before you can deny allegiance to said deity.

adamson wrote: I am a proud American.
I too am a proud American and think the USA is a great place. However, I don't allow my pride in my country to develop into chauvinism that requires me to bad mouth other countries or overlook problems in mine. Your recently stated opinion that our neighbor Canada is inferior to us is laughable.
adamson wrote: And my personal opinion is that god-deniers should not be considered american citizens as this country was founded upon the glory of God.
Perhaps you have heard of a concept known as separation of Church and State?
The basis for it is in the very first Amendment to our Constitution.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
So I'm afraid that if you want to eliminate the rights of citizenship from us "god-deniers" and establish the Christian equivalent of the Islamic Republic of Iran, you'll have to have that pesky 1st Amendment repealed.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by McCulloch »

adamson wrote:With regard to nation, and the fact you are a Canadian, i presume there is some hostility in you towards America because of jealousy. I've seen many people from different nationalities act this way because of the fact that they come from inferior countries.
You may see it as jealousy. The rest of us see it as arrogance.

As the Scottish poet Robert Burns put it:
[row]as he wrote it[col]translation for those who don't read broad Scots[row]O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us! It wad frae monie a blunder free us An foolish notion: What airs in dress an gait wad lea'es us, An ev'n devotion![col]O would some Power the giftie give us To see ourselves as others see us! It would from many a blunder free us And foolish notion: What airs in dress and gait would leave us, An even devotion!
adamson wrote:Interestingly enough, i always am honorable and nice to these people, as well as explain to them why my nation is so good (God), and how you would be like us (accept God). There is no surprise that we are No.I in the world as a nation, with a 90+ belief in God. You seem to (i assume jokingly) say that it has nothing to do with God.
Interestingly enough, you did not address at all my evidence that your country was not based on the principles of the God you claim to admire.

Also, please provide some evidence to support your 90+% figure.

U.S. Religious Affiliation, 2002
(self-identification, Pew Research Council)
In February and March 2002 the Pew Research Council conducted a survey of 2,002 adults. Questions about religious preference were included. The results are below:
[mrow]Religious Preference [mcol]% June 1996[mcol]% March 2001[mcol]March 2002[row]Christian [col]84 [col]82 [col]82[row]Jewish [col]1 [col]1[col]1[row]Muslim [col]* [col]1 [col]*[row]Other non-Christian [col]3 [col]2 [col]1[row]Atheist [col]* [col]1 [col]1[row]Agnostic [col]* [col]2 [col]2[row]Something else (SPECIFY) [col]* [col]1 [col]2[row]No preference [col]11 [col]8 [col]10[row]Don't know/Refused [col]1 [col]2 [col]1[row]TOTAL [col]100 [col]100 [col]100
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

brewserx

Ohh yeah

Post #25

Post by brewserx »

Adam,

Everybody in this country can believe whatever they want. I believe in God, but thats it. No other part of organized religion is realistic to me. You are a prime example of what is wrong with religion. Your right and everyone else is wrong. Your posts stink of hatred and intolerance. You are judge, jury, and executioner. If you want to know why people believe what they do, cool.

Everyone has the right to do anything they want as long as nobody is hurt in the process. Christens, jews, muslims, atheists, their all cool in this cats book. Take a step back and don't be so quick to judge.

wrekk
Scholar

Post #26

Post by wrekk »

Hello Adamson, welcome...

Your constant requests of us "God-deniers" "releasing our anger" ironically sounds if you are wanting us to turn to the dark side. So I ask you, ol' Emperor Palpatine, if these morals you speak of, truly stem from God... then I ask you... which God? Krishna? Buddha? Mithra? The Sun? Hercules? Dionysus? Horus? Osiris?

Considering most of the Bible (if not all of it) and it's morals are blatantly plagiarized from prior religions then wouldn't that define these "morals" you speak of as someone else's?
You never hear in the news... 200 killed today when Atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the Agnostic stronghold in the North.- Doug Stanhope

upallnite
Sage

Post #27

Post by upallnite »

Release your anger.
Grab your lightsabers, everybody! It's a Sith Lord!
I will now call you Darth Troll.

mister_lee
Scholar

Post #28

Post by mister_lee »

upallnite wrote:
Release your anger.
Grab your lightsabers, everybody! It's a Sith Lord!
I will now call you Darth Troll.
How about Quato from Total Recall: "Open your mind"
Dubtribe Soundsystem from San Francisco:

HONOR each other... ONE LOVE, ONE BOND, between all people, no matter what your COLOR, no matter what your RACE, your CREED, your CULTURE, your PREFERENCE, your PRIDE, RISE, and come together with ONE LOVE

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by achilles12604 »

adamson wrote:Hello McCulloch.
I am one of those God deniers. I used to be a Christian. I am sure that you will have plenty of opportunity to examine why I hold the views I do.

So how come you deny God now? What made you turn away from him? Anger? You wanted to do something that did not work with Gods word?

You already knew he existed, and now you deny Him. I assume you can see the contradiction.
Why?

Because America is a symbol for what the world should be. Our country is the greatest country in the world. And the reason is God. I know you can say that America has many faults, especially since evolution came, and this was because of the god-deniers rise to power that made us lose ourself. HIV and other STDs have been spreading because of this, because the kids dont wait until they are married because of the evolution propaganda they are taught in school, only to care about themselves and not God.

Anyone not living in this great country can try moving to another and see how good they have it compared to us.
And here I was thinking that your country's constitution guaranteed the freedom of religion and opposed the establishment of religion.

God is needd for a good society. Look at Soviet Union and compare it to United States of America.
Like you are helping Afghanistan and Iraq?

We are helping the people there yes. Because they cant help themselves following a false God. You want to me to quote statistics of the killings muslim do?

-

Hello upallnite.
First off welcome. I hope you enjoy the site. Like I have.

Thank you.
I am not a "god-denier" because I have never denied any god anything. I am however an Atheist(and alot of other things). So perhaps your OP was not directed at me but I have the suspension that it was.

I would call you a god-denier.
Not really, I help out my community and give to charity. I spend my spare time fixing cars (for free) for people that can't afford a big bill from a shop.

It is good that you as a god-denier follow Christian charity. Perhaps you are not a "true" denier, but maybe just full of anger. Could i be right?
I do the best I can in any situation. I obey the law and serve my country. It seams I do not have a problem following authority.

It is good that you follow the laws that are based on Gods word. And once again, perhaps it is just anger for some reason. You feel like God tricked you perhaps? Something happened and you blame it all on Him?
No, no, define killer, and no.

A killer is anyone whom kills. I assume you know what "kill" means. Exceptions would be military conflict where you defend yourselfs and others, such as in the Iraqi war now, where we protect and care for the Iraqi people, and are forced to kill does that attack us and our allies.

Murderers could be a better word, I apologize. Anyone who kills anyone else without a proper excuse. Such as abortion and shootings.

I am a US Marine and a Vet. I am a citizen and proud of it. Someone will have a fight on their hands if they try to take my rights away.

It is good to see that you serve your God and the country He is behind, even when you dny him. Anger maybe?
Glad I could help with that. Why do think I should not be a citizen again?

Because our Nation was founded upon God and His principals. We are the strongest and most powerful nation on the planet, and this is because our historical love for God. Are you to reap the benefits of this whiles you deny him?

Why do you not move to another country and see how good they have it? Europe, China Russia. Lets see how good that is compared to our Nation of God.
I have not insulted god. If my existence is an insult the god is rather petty.

To deny Him is insulting him. In my view.
I do hope you enjoy the site and please try not to start with such an insulting and misinformed OP next time.

It was not my meaning to insult, i apologize if you took it that way.
-

Hello twobitsmedia
I think you are confusing God with American Patriotiism, though I don't see a very good definition of either. I can't see a good definition of what you are calling a "god-denier' either. I considered responding more, but the whole things just seem to be intentionaly inflammatory and divisive. I don't think you state a fair representation of anyone from any side, nor of America. I don't think it's Gods will that we force our form of democracy on other countries, but it seems to be a foundation ideology for the Bush administration.

Our Nation is founded on God.

We are a Great Nation. The world looks up to us because we are Great. So why should we not show them the way to God?

It has been 2 pages already . . .

WHERE IS SCROTUM? I would L-O-V-E to see this interaction.

My two cents shall remain short. . .

I am an American. I am very proud of this country. I do NOT think we are the "best" country in the world. I think we are better than others in some areas and much worse in others. Take health care for example . . . WOW!

As far as the atheists go, some of them actually have GOOD reasons for their unbelief. I have acquired a great deal of knowledge from them and honed my own beliefs into something a little more manageable than the bulky religion Christianity has become.

Stick around friend . . . You will certainly learn something from them too.
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

Scrotum
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by Scrotum »

achilles12604 wrote:
adamson wrote:Hello McCulloch.
I am one of those God deniers. I used to be a Christian. I am sure that you will have plenty of opportunity to examine why I hold the views I do.

So how come you deny God now? What made you turn away from him? Anger? You wanted to do something that did not work with Gods word?

You already knew he existed, and now you deny Him. I assume you can see the contradiction.
Why?

Because America is a symbol for what the world should be. Our country is the greatest country in the world. And the reason is God. I know you can say that America has many faults, especially since evolution came, and this was because of the god-deniers rise to power that made us lose ourself. HIV and other STDs have been spreading because of this, because the kids dont wait until they are married because of the evolution propaganda they are taught in school, only to care about themselves and not God.

Anyone not living in this great country can try moving to another and see how good they have it compared to us.
And here I was thinking that your country's constitution guaranteed the freedom of religion and opposed the establishment of religion.

God is needd for a good society. Look at Soviet Union and compare it to United States of America.
Like you are helping Afghanistan and Iraq?

We are helping the people there yes. Because they cant help themselves following a false God. You want to me to quote statistics of the killings muslim do?

-

Hello upallnite.
First off welcome. I hope you enjoy the site. Like I have.

Thank you.
I am not a "god-denier" because I have never denied any god anything. I am however an Atheist(and alot of other things). So perhaps your OP was not directed at me but I have the suspension that it was.

I would call you a god-denier.
Not really, I help out my community and give to charity. I spend my spare time fixing cars (for free) for people that can't afford a big bill from a shop.

It is good that you as a god-denier follow Christian charity. Perhaps you are not a "true" denier, but maybe just full of anger. Could i be right?
I do the best I can in any situation. I obey the law and serve my country. It seams I do not have a problem following authority.

It is good that you follow the laws that are based on Gods word. And once again, perhaps it is just anger for some reason. You feel like God tricked you perhaps? Something happened and you blame it all on Him?
No, no, define killer, and no.

A killer is anyone whom kills. I assume you know what "kill" means. Exceptions would be military conflict where you defend yourselfs and others, such as in the Iraqi war now, where we protect and care for the Iraqi people, and are forced to kill does that attack us and our allies.

Murderers could be a better word, I apologize. Anyone who kills anyone else without a proper excuse. Such as abortion and shootings.

I am a US Marine and a Vet. I am a citizen and proud of it. Someone will have a fight on their hands if they try to take my rights away.

It is good to see that you serve your God and the country He is behind, even when you dny him. Anger maybe?
Glad I could help with that. Why do think I should not be a citizen again?

Because our Nation was founded upon God and His principals. We are the strongest and most powerful nation on the planet, and this is because our historical love for God. Are you to reap the benefits of this whiles you deny him?

Why do you not move to another country and see how good they have it? Europe, China Russia. Lets see how good that is compared to our Nation of God.
I have not insulted god. If my existence is an insult the god is rather petty.

To deny Him is insulting him. In my view.
I do hope you enjoy the site and please try not to start with such an insulting and misinformed OP next time.

It was not my meaning to insult, i apologize if you took it that way.
-

Hello twobitsmedia
I think you are confusing God with American Patriotiism, though I don't see a very good definition of either. I can't see a good definition of what you are calling a "god-denier' either. I considered responding more, but the whole things just seem to be intentionaly inflammatory and divisive. I don't think you state a fair representation of anyone from any side, nor of America. I don't think it's Gods will that we force our form of democracy on other countries, but it seems to be a foundation ideology for the Bush administration.

Our Nation is founded on God.

We are a Great Nation. The world looks up to us because we are Great. So why should we not show them the way to God?

It has been 2 pages already . . .

WHERE IS SCROTUM? I would L-O-V-E to see this interaction.

My two cents shall remain short. . .

I am an American. I am very proud of this country. I do NOT think we are the "best" country in the world. I think we are better than others in some areas and much worse in others. Take health care for example . . . WOW!

As far as the atheists go, some of them actually have GOOD reasons for their unbelief. I have acquired a great deal of knowledge from them and honed my own beliefs into something a little more manageable than the bulky religion Christianity has become.

Stick around friend . . . You will certainly learn something from them too.
Its like 9 o´clock in the morning here and i´ve been nusy working, so sorry. But i saw this guy before and obviously he is words im not allowed to say because of moderator eyes are preying. :)

1. He is religious = not-so-smart (if im allowed to use that "word").
2. He loves the U.S = He never been anywhere else.

I would love to lump him together with the rest of you, but obviously he is missing a bolt or two. NO PERSONAL ATTACK, just my calculus of the problem. I LOVE ALL. LOVE YOU SAMSON, NO AD HOMINEM HERE....

Kiss
T: ´I do not believe in gravity, it´s just a theory