no
85%

Total votes: 33

worship-your-mother-she-i
Apprentice

Is christianity logical?

Post #1

Post by worship-your-mother-she-i »

Christianity says that only if you are a christian you will go to heaven.Else you go to hell,that too permenant hell.All this is said while christians talk of god being kind and a father.My questions

1)What about the people born before christ?According to christianity they should have gone to hell.But this sounds highly injust.They were born before jesus.So they werent christians.So if they go to hell for not following a religion which is going to be established 1000 years after their birth,,isnt this injustice?

2)What about american native indians in 2nd century?They never heard about jesus.So they werent christians.So they went to hell,right?Isnt this injustice?

3)If jesus said "If somebody slaps you,show him your next cheek too"-how logical is it that such a kind man will throw away people who did not worship him into permenant burning hell?

4)If jesus prayed to god "father they dont know what they do.Forgive them" on his crucifiers,how logical is it to say that he will throw away people in permenant hell for not worshiping him?

5)If i do any sin,even if i beat my mother she will always love me.Even if i never repent for my sins she will always pray for my well being.Do you mean to say that god doesnt have this love on me which my mother has?

Imagine a man like Gandhi who died as a devout hindu.Will jesus tell gandhi "You did not accept me.So burn in hell"?Will he tell somebody like ted bundy "you did serial killings.But you are christian.So go to heaven"?Is this justice?is this logical?

worship-your-mother-she-i
Apprentice

Post #151

Post by worship-your-mother-she-i »

Kelsey wrote:If you're here looking for answers, not just for the sake of argument--I guarantee you'll find those answers by exploring the resources listed below:

For those of you seeking proof--"The Case for Christ" and "The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel
Thats hardly any proof.That was a good try though.The debate doest end with writing a book and saying "here ends the deabte".Here are further questions regarding that book.
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/ ... robel.html
kelsey wrote:For those of you seeking logical and rational explanations of Christianity--"Unshakable Foundations" by Norman Geisler and Peter Bocchino
What is logic is decided only after a debate.Not by reading a book.
kisley wrote:For those of you seeking the evidence of the relationship between Christianity and science--"More than a Carpenter" by Josh McDowell (not James Dobson, sorry for any confusion)
I think "origin of species" by darwin would be a better book.How about the school biology books that teach evolution?
kisley wrote:If you choose not to accept these resources, there is nothing more I can do for you. I'm sorry.

My debate is finished. The rest is up to you.

[/u]
If you cannot debate thats fine.But debating is a skillful game.Not all can survive long in it.I would suggest you take Revjp as an example.He debates excellently and so do scorpia,barnee and juliod.

snowman
Student

Post #152

Post by snowman »

Any war is an attempt to takeover. There is no way to take over if God is still around. God should show himself to eveyone if he exist
Perhaps he has? Perhaps he will in the 'after-life'? Then what?

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #153

Post by bernee51 »

snowman wrote:
Any war is an attempt to takeover. There is no way to take over if God is still around. God should show himself to eveyone if he exist
Perhaps he has?
When? Where? How?
snowman wrote: Perhaps he will in the 'after-life'?
What 'after-life'?

My own feeling is if people spent more time working on making the "before death" worthwhile rather than worrying about some mythical "after life" the world would be a much nicer place.
snowman wrote: Then what?
No idea - have you asked Pascal?

(Actually I do have an 'idea' - nothing, absolutely nothiong)

snowman
Student

Post #154

Post by snowman »

Bernee51 asked:
When? Where? How?
When? Since our first parents were created. You know the creation story.

Where and how? Perhaps in everything we see ( if we dare to notice). For example; I see God in the face of a child. I see God in the eyes of a kitten. I see God when mankind does what benefits one another. I see God in the storm and in the sunshine. I see God in the comfort of things and in the pain of things. This of course means that one just simply takes another look at things with different eyes. I see opportunities in the pleasures of life to enjoy things. I see opportunities in the pain and sorrow of things to be a help and comfort. I guess you could say that there is a choice involved. I see wisdom in the way things are even though there is pain, sorrow and discomfort. How could I know what is love without experiecing its opposite? How could I know what comfort is unless I experience pain? How can I enjoy and appreciate the 'good' things of life unless we go through the storm?

There are many arguments that one can use to support the belief of a creator; such as, the cosmo argument, the self-awareness argument, the moral law argument, the design and balance argument, etc.

The Apostle Paul said that we see the handiwork of a creator in his creation and that every house has a builder.

I know all these arguments won't convince the many, but it does convince some. I really don't care to argue for the existence of God because people will believe what they want to believe. Including me.
What 'after-life'?
Who really knows, eh? I guess we will all find out in due time, won't we?
My own feeling is if people spent more time working on making the "before death" worthwhile rather than worrying about some mythical "after life" the world would be a much nicer place.
I totally agree. What we have is the 'here' and 'now'. We certianly should try to make this world a better place to live. O:)

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #155

Post by bernee51 »

snowman wrote:Bernee51 asked:
When? Where? How?
When? Since our first parents were created. You know the creation story.
I know many creation stories. I like the New Zealand maori and Australian aboriginal ones the best though. What is you favourite?
snowman wrote: For example; I see God in the face of a child. ...I see wisdom in the way things are even though there is pain, sorrow and discomfort.
And I see a natural world which is full of all you claim to see the face of god in.

But all that too is a matter of perception. Some may see a case of hay fever in the face of a kitten.
snowman wrote:
How could I know what is love without experiecing its opposite? How could I know what comfort is unless I experience pain? How can I enjoy and appreciate the 'good' things of life unless we go through the storm?
Such is the nature of duality. Vedantic philosophy would have that this is essentially maya - illusion - a figment of your mind.

snowman wrote:
There are many arguments that one can use to support the belief of a creator; such as, the cosmo argument, the self-awareness argument, the moral law argument, the design and balance argument, etc.
And there are just as many counter arguments.

snowman wrote:
What 'after-life'?
Who really knows, eh? I guess we will all find out in due time, won't we?
Or not.

snowman
Student

Post #156

Post by snowman »

Bernee51 asked:
I know many creation stories. I like the New Zealand maori and Australian aboriginal ones the best though. What is you favourite?
Very interesting. Thanks for the link. I will definitely read them all, eventually. I did read your favourites. I still prefer the bible version.
And I see a natural world which is full of all you claim to see the face of god in.

But all that too is a matter of perception. Some may see a case of hay fever in the face of a kitten.
And that is why I say
I really don't care to argue for the existence of God because people will believe what they want to believe. Including me.
Basically, people will see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe.
Such is the nature of duality. Vedantic philosophy would have that this is essentially maya - illusion - a figment of your mind.
That is another view yes.
And there are just as many counter arguments.
Yes, I know.
Or not.
Yes, that is also a possibility. There are possibilities here. How is one to know for sure?