Does God have a sense of humour?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

whatever
Student

Does God have a sense of humour?

Post #1

Post by whatever »

Thought I’d start a less ‘serious’ thread. What does the bible say? Does it imply that God may have a less serious side? Can God find things comical or funny?

If yes, would he ever play pranks on people?

If no, why not? Would this mean man kind has a skill that God can never have?

Can a true God have a sense of humour or would it undermine his/her/its 'higher status'?

Piper Plexed
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by Piper Plexed »

The Ministry of Silly Walks
Corvus wrote:Hurt? Try dying from laughter like the Monty Python sketch in "Now for Something Completely Different".
Ahh yes !

Corvus wrote:I think the question is not whether he has a sense of humor, but whether he laughs with or at people. :D
I suspect as we laugh with and at each other... so does God. Maybe humor is a natural byproduct of self awareness, it can be no other way :lol:
*"I think, therefore I am" (Cogito, ergo sum)-Descartes
** I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ...

Arch
Scholar

Post #12

Post by Arch »

If there is a GOD as we see it. Then he has to have a sense of humor seeing that I beleive religions to be a joke.

Picture this GOd going around to different nations calling himself by different names in each one then sitting back and watching them war over which name is the correct one.

Isn't that HILARIOUS :D
RELIGION IS A PRISON FOR THE SEEKERS OF WISDOM
Simplicity is Profundity
Simply put if you cant prove it, you cant reasonably be mad at me for not believing it

eostre

Post #13

Post by eostre »

Well, if you subscribe to the idea of Christianity, you could argue that the entire fiasco with the dinosaur fossils is just a tremendous joke.