A fictional character
26%

Total votes: 43

chrispalasz
Scholar

Who was Jesus?

Post #1

Post by chrispalasz »

To you, who was Jesus? Was he a man? Was He God? Was he simply a fictional character? Or was he something else to you?

Why? What lead you to this belief/conclusion?

RevJP
Scholar

Post #91

Post by RevJP »

Absoulutely.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #92

Post by bernee51 »

RevJP wrote:Thank you Bernee for that completely unnecessary input into someone else's discussion.
Your welcome.

Although, as to "someone else's discussion" I was of the understanding that this is an open forum - unless you have unilaterally changed the rules. Perhaps it was one of your mythical beings that made me do it - let me see - god or satan, god or satan?

I do, however have a question for you...

why do you accept the truth of your scripture and deny the truth of all the others Rev?

Oh, and another...

And, as Kant asked, how do you know it is god who is speaking to you and not some other supernatural being?

Colter
Apprentice

Post #93

Post by Colter »

RevJP wrote:Thank you Bernee for that completely unnecessary input into someone else's discussion.
Colter wrote:I do not shear your fear of Satan
You mistake acknowlegement of truth for fear. I have no fear of Satan, but neither do I ignore the truth of scripture. He exists, scripture tells me he does, and I accept that. I also accept that denial of his existence and placing trust in only that which I think or 'feel' is fraught with peril - scripture teaches us that as well.

You can accept the truth or not, as for me, I will trust in my God and His Word.
I am aware of what the scripture says about Satan and respect your belief in the infallibility of them so there isn't much more to say about that. Have yea faith? then have it to yourself. O:)

keltzkroz
Apprentice

Post #94

Post by keltzkroz »

I like thinking about the following:

“He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.”

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness."

RevJP
Scholar

Post #95

Post by RevJP »

I am aware of what the scripture says about Satan and respect your belief in the infallibility of them so there isn't much more to say about that. Have yea faith? then have it to yourself
Hey! No reason to get offended! Obviously I made a mistake. I thought you were trying to support your opinions with scritpure and felt it necessary to point out that scritpure disagrees with those opinions.

That you believe what you believe sans scripture is okay by me.
bernee wrote:why do you accept the truth of your scripture and deny the truth of all the others Rev?
Faith.
And, as Kant asked, how do you know it is god who is speaking to you and not some other supernatural being?
I think that is the question I asked Colter, isn't it?

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #96

Post by bernee51 »

RevJP wrote:
I think that is the question I asked Colter, isn't it?
It is a question that all who claim a "relationship with god" should ask of themselves.

RevJP
Scholar

Post #97

Post by RevJP »

Thanks for the advice. Interesting advice tho' it is coming from one who decries the absolute non-existence of anything supernatural.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #98

Post by bernee51 »

RevJP wrote:Thanks for the advice. Interesting advice tho' it is coming from one who decries the absolute non-existence of anything supernatural.
Perhaps it is because I have asked myself that very question Rev that I am where I am.

RevJP
Scholar

Post #99

Post by RevJP »

Ditto