recent archaelogical findings of Jesus

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

scorpia
Sage

recent archaelogical findings of Jesus

Post #1

Post by scorpia »

Recently there has been some archaelogists who claim to have unearthed the bath Jesus healed a blind man in as well as some cups which may have contained water that turned into wine. But looking at this eveidence critically, would this be proof for ceratin? The bath may be any bath. How did the archaeologist conclude what they say about those cups? It may mean something else. I prefer to look at this evidence in a critical and scientific way. So can they be suitable proof? What else can those cups mean?
'Belief is never giving up.'- Random footy adverisement.

Sometimes even a wise man is wrong. Sometimes even a fool is right.

Corvus
Guru

Post #2

Post by Corvus »

I would be interested in seeing the story for myself. As you stated, how did they know these cups were used specifically for that purpose? Did someone inscribe "transubstantiation cups - property of Christ. If found, please return to 777, heaven lane" on them? It may be that there is a rational explanation as to how this conclusion was reached, but I won't know until I see the story.
<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.

scorpia
Sage

Post #3

Post by scorpia »

I saw it on the news headlines last night. A page is here. Funny though, it says it COULD have been the ones Jesus used. It also could have not been so. :confused2: It doesn't seem certain though.
'Belief is never giving up.'- Random footy adverisement.

Sometimes even a wise man is wrong. Sometimes even a fool is right.

Corvus
Guru

Post #4

Post by Corvus »

It is pretty disappointing, and about the best they can say is that they're of a similar design. I don't think there's much to debate.
<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.

ENIGMA
Sage

Re: recent archaelogical findings of Jesus

Post #5

Post by ENIGMA »

scorpia wrote:Recently there has been some archaelogists who claim to have unearthed the bath Jesus healed a blind man in as well as some cups which may have contained water that turned into wine. But looking at this eveidence critically, would this be proof for ceratin? The bath may be any bath. How did the archaeologist conclude what they say about those cups? It may mean something else. I prefer to look at this evidence in a critical and scientific way. So can they be suitable proof? What else can those cups mean?
The only thing I can think of is if the jar still does the water -> wine process...

Somehow I doubt it would still do that...
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld