The Meritocracy Trap

For the interest in any book (only legal ones) and the possible discussion of these, also in terms of appeal or not.

Moderator: Aetixintro

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

The Meritocracy Trap

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

The Meritocracy Trap
By Daniel Markovits

Can be a good book. In fact, I've bought a digital copy.

However, no matter how the fault lines of society fall, the job to do is to deliver Utopia!

Link with 3 reviews down on the page:
https://www.bookdepository.com/Meritocr ... 0735221994

The book is interesting also in light of the promise of future Utopia and it's nice to read how the book compares with the work toward Utopia!

See this link for Utopia: https://whatiswritten777.blogspot.com/2 ... dwide.html, I'm the author.
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: The Meritocracy Trap

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to Aetixintro in post #1]

It's funny how the book has been called "The Meritocracy Trap"! Aren't people supposed to govern because they have the merit to do so?

Would it be appropriate to put in evil people instead so to prevent the legal persecution of evil people?

Though some of the problems presented inside are valid or questionable, it must be nonetheless understood that Meritocracy means stronger Democracy in a troubled world!

Thus, contrary to the book perhaps, HURRAY for Meritocracy by Democracy! 8-) :thanks:
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!