Whites Go Away?

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Whites Go Away?

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

Question for Debate: If all the white people moved to Mars, would it hurt anyone, even if they remained racist?

I think racists have, if not a good point, a good question, when they continue to wonder why POCs strive to come to majority-white countries only to be discriminated against.

The reason it's not a good point is because the issue is entangled with resources. People will go where resources are despite the political or social system, so you can't claim, as racists try to claim with this question, that POCs are heading into majority-white countries in order to exploit white guilt and gain by that exploitation, and we can't trust the incredulity that nobody would intentionally go where they're so harshly discriminated against and victimised. Because there is no control group of a majority-white area without disproportionate resources and prosperity, one cannot rule out the possibility that POCs come into an environment where they are victimised because they still expect an overall better life, which of course doesn't negate the discrimination or make it okay. People may move to locations with a high murder rate for some benefit that outweighs the risk, but that doesn't mean don't punish the murderers.

Seeking justice isn't suddenly some impropriety just because you are, overall, better off in the environment where the injustice exists. It might seem like looking a gift horse in the mouth, it might seem rude, but it isn't. The analogy is rightly closer to an abusive parent who claims that because they give their child so much, the child is wrong to report a beating. Even if he came from the house next door where he got worse beatings, no. No. Justice doesn't play quid-pro-quo games or ask that people sacrifice it to return favours. Justice is justice.

That's why I'm asking the hypothetical, and disentangling the question from resources. Imagine all the white people just move away, taking no or very few resources with them. They no longer have direct interaction with Earthlings; they are Martians now, and they're isolationist. They have their own media, and they advise Earthlings not to tune in, and in fact they encrypt anything broadcast that Earthlings might tune into, though of course it's possible to descramble if you're really intent on it; we'll say you can watch Martian TV with a black-market box developed for just such a purpose (they're expensive, because you must pay to maintain a satellite relay, so imagine about $250/month). Even if the Martians go full-on Nazi, railing to each other about how bad all the other races are and how great it is to be white, worst case scenario, most racist possible, does it even matter if they're all gone? Or does their existence in that racist state continue to harm those they discriminate against even while completely removed from those other people?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Whites Go Away?

Post #71

Post by Purple Knight »

Athetotheist wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:06 pm [Replying to Purple Knight in post #68
The poor also picked the game and they like it.
The poor didn't pick the game. It's forced on them and they don't like it.
Sometimes. I can only assess based on the people I've talked to. You never know whether a demonstration is a rent-a-mob or genuine and grass-roots.

What I see is that most people working for beans fear communism and expect that they will lose some nebulous freedom they don't really have in the first place if they dare question the status quo. I'm done with trying to convince people they're choosing their own oppression. I'm done with trying to convince people that being obscenely rich is not a right, and that in nature, nobody could ever accumulate anything like that because people would just take it, and that the rich benefit as much from government entitlements as the poor. These are people who will tell you, it's wrong to steal from one to give from another, government is evil and should get out of the way, while the cops come if a starving family steals a package of chicken breast from Walmart, use their tax money to arrest them while protecting Walmart, and that's somehow not redistribution but laudable. You can't tell them anything. I'm done with trying. Let the babies have their poisoned bottles. If we get to the point where everyone realises it, it might change, but as things are now I suspect whatever problems arise, they will blame on over-regulation and call for more capitalism.

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Re: Whites Go Away?

Post #72

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Purple Knight in post #71
I'm done with trying.
I'm not.