Racism in America - How should we address it?

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Racism in America - How should we address it?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

https://time.com/5844645/george-floyds-shows-we-cannot-wait-end-racism/ wrote: George Floyd’s Murder Shows Once More That We Cannot Wait For White America to End Racism

George Floyd was murdered, and it was captured on camera. Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin had his knee pinned against Floyd’s neck for close to eight minutes. We heard a haunting repetition of the words “I can’t breathe.” Floyd cried out for his deceased mother and called out for his children as he desperately clung to life. Chauvin sat there, smug, hand in his pocket, with little regard for the man dying underneath the pressure of his knee. All of this over someone allegedly trying to use a counterfeit twenty-dollar bill at a local deli.
For debate:
- How should we address the racism in America?

koko

Re: Racism in America - How should we address it?

Post #31

Post by koko »

Quantrill wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 am
koko wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:23 am
Deut 7:6 ~ God chose Israel. Judea was only a part of the entire collection of tribes. In the New Testament all Christians now become heirs to the Promise. See Galatians 3:29 ~ If ye be Christ's then ye are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the Promise. This proves that contrary to conventional Christian teaching, Christians are not Gentile.
That is not the point. The point is that God chose the Jews as the chosen race to be His earthly people. He chose them instead of the Gentiles. See what a 'racist' God is. (Deut. 7:6)

And God chose to Christianize Europe and not Asia even when Paul wanted to go to Asia. See what a white racist God must be? (Acts 16:6-10)

That Christians are not Gentiles is not what we are talking about. You said God is equal in his dealings with everyone. Yet these Scriptures prove differently.

Quantrill

Jesus' final commandment was to preach the Gospel to the world: Mark 16:15. Therefore, all are equal.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #32

Post by Elijah John »

otseng wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:47 pm
Elijah John wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:56 am Sorry, anarchy right now is a bigger problem than racism. We don't deserve this. We didn't bring this on.
Yes, I agree the looting is a much bigger problem and that it is not just a racism issue. But, I don't agree we didn't bring this on.

The black community has suffered for years, decades with not just racial inequality, but I think more importantly, economic inequality.

[snip]

Where do I put the blame? As I mentioned before, I put a lot of the blame on fiscal and monetary policies that are short-sighted which enrich the privileged and loot the masses.
Don't forget, that many of the masses are poor whites too, but they hardly ever riot. And poor whites are sometimes unjustly killed by police, but we don't shut down cities for them. I would ask BLM, don't their lives matter too?

Does anything in the Post article justify the beatings, arson and looting by Black Lives Matter, Antifa and their affiliates? Isn't there an immediate need to put a stop to anarchy right now? And to get immediate justice for George Floyd. THEN we can discuss long standing grievances, real as they may be. But in that discussion, the "honest conversation about race" that Eric Holder says white are afraid to have, we need to include the very real problem of disproportionate violent crime committed by blacks, mostly by urban black youth. Nobody seems to want to touch that issue, or the fact that many more whites die at the hands of blacks than the other way around.

There is a recent precedent for all this anarchy. Black youth flash mobs, looting stores and terrifying people while the stores are still open:

https://www.pennlive.com/daily-buzz/201 ... reens.html
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Quantrill
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:30 pm
Jesus' final commandment was to preach the Gospel to the world: Mark 16:15. Therefore, all are equal.
That the Gospel goes to whole world doesn't make everyone equal. It just means everyone gets the Gospel. Why do you ignore the verses I gave you?

Your view of God appears to me to be the politically correct view. Somewhat nauseating.

Quantrill

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #34

Post by myth-one.com »

koko wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:44 pm I am Hispanic and despite having two college degrees and an excellent work record, I did not advance during my many years of working for the government. I trained many white employees and they got the promotions I applied for. This happened to me many times so I left the government. Never found any use for my 2 degrees. Today as a retiree in poor health, I survive on Social Security and SNAP.
We all suffer to some degree from the effects of racism. You more than most.

Tomorrow, George Floyd comes home to Houston.

Like other cities, there have been protest and support marches here.

Police Chief Acevedo took a knee, acknowledged his support, and marched a short distance with one of the first protest marches. Other police officers followed his example.

Houston is quickly becoming a city where white people are no longer in the majority.

As a white guy, I'm totally unafraid of that.

If I could choose anyone in the United States to be our Chief of Police during this time, it would be Hubert Arturo Acevedo -- an American Hispanic.

===========================================================

I think real change is possible this time, because of cell phone cameras.

It turns out that videos are mightierl than the sword.
==========================================================

My political party abandoned me and my country in 2016.

You did everything correct, and are in poor health, surviving on Social Security. I am ashamed of, and disappointed with my country.
Thomas Jefferson wrote:We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
No we do not!
Abe Lincoln wrote:We know how to save the Union. The world knows we do know how to save it. We -- even we here -- hold the power, and bear the responsibility. In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free -- honorable alike in what we give, and what we preserve. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
We need to either truthfully become equal unto each other, or stop telling the lie!

We have an opportunity to change things in November of this year.

In the meantime, keep the batteries charged, and keep recording videos of abuses of power!
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32)

otseng
Savant

Post #35

Post by otseng »

Elijah John wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:45 pm
Does anything in the Post article justify the beatings, arson and looting by Black Lives Matter, Antifa and their affiliates?
Nothing justifies doing illegal things. Yes, it was wrong for the police to strangle to death Floyd. Yes, it's wrong for people to arson and loot.
Isn't there an immediate need to put a stop to anarchy right now?
Shoot rubber bullets? Use tear gas? Implement martial law? These would only compound the problem.

Even some stores are not really demanding an end to the looting or prosecuting them (which is good and bad). Of course, stores are closing and boarding up windows, but this is not really going to stop the looters.

koko

Post #36

Post by koko »

Elijah John wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:45 am

Does anything in the Post article justify the beatings, arson and looting by Black Lives Matter, Antifa and their affiliates?

It has not been conclusively proven that BLM or Antifa have conducted any violence or law violation. On the contrary there has been evidence of white supremacist activity with spontaneous crimes committed by the rabble that we see on TV. There has even been evidence of police committing crimes such as slashing tires and sabotaging water bottles:

Note how cops surround the police saboteurs to insure nobody stops them from doing their misdeeds.

I can give you more but you may Google if you wish.

koko

Post #37

Post by koko »

Quantrill wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:34 pm
koko wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:30 pm
That the Gospel goes to whole world doesn't make everyone equal. It just means everyone gets the Gospel. Why do you ignore the verses I gave you?

Your view of God appears to me to be the politically correct view. Somewhat nauseating.

Quantrill

I am not ignoring your cites. Just pointing out your errors.

As for political correctness, no I do not succumb to the cultishness and delusionalism of right wing political correctness. I did not believe the story of American vessels getting fired upon in the Gulf of Tonkin, did not ever believe the wealth would trickle down the way these antichrists believe:

Nor did I ever believe in the fairy tale that there were WMD in Iraq. I think freely and independently.

William
Savant

Post #38

Post by William »

Racism is a natural enough human trait which largely is the result of tribal influences [culture].

In today's world we identify it as more of a problem than ever before, because we are realizing we are essentially one big tribe [humanity] and this contradicts formative training/influence among those who are coming to such realization.

There is a great resistance to changing how things have always been, with certain types of tribes having invested in their program for centuries in support of a culture of bulling which has thus far proved itself a sustainable method and given such tribes top-billing and position regarding worldly affairs.

If anyone can think of a way of turning that around, that would be the way to address it. Otherwise it will just play out to it's inevitable conclusion.

William
Savant

Post #39

Post by William »

Quantrill wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 am
koko wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:23 am
Deut 7:6 ~ God chose Israel. Judea was only a part of the entire collection of tribes. In the New Testament all Christians now become heirs to the Promise. See Galatians 3:29 ~ If ye be Christ's then ye are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the Promise. This proves that contrary to conventional Christian teaching, Christians are not Gentile.
That is not the point. The point is that God chose the Jews as the chosen race to be His earthly people. He chose them instead of the Gentiles. See what a 'racist' God is. (Deut. 7:6)

And God chose to Christianize Europe and not Asia even when Paul wanted to go to Asia. See what a white racist God must be? (Acts 16:6-10)

That Christians are not Gentiles is not what we are talking about. You said God is equal in his dealings with everyone. Yet these Scriptures prove differently.

Quantrill
I understand your reasoning but it is clear too that there is a responsibility YHWH expects from his chosen Race which essentially shows that it is expected of them as His representatives to be seen to be doing.

If they are not, then we cannot simply accuse YHWH of being the reason they are not.

Calling YHWH a 'white Racist God' seems strange since the Israelite's were middle eastern...but perhaps the intermingling which occurred during the times Israel was following YHWH orders, changed all that as a consequence.

Certainly it can be shown that it appears over the centuries to be a swinging thing - sometimes 'this' and sometimes 'that', but is it really a case of 'YHWH' is a racist God because 'the bible tells me so' when it appears the bible tends to give another impression, at least alongside of that one.

Perhaps the way things have been going are not strictly because YHWH ordered things to go that way...but you and I can be brothers, can we not? :-k

Quantrill
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:30 pm
I am not ignoring your cites. Just pointing out your errors.

As for political correctness, no I do not succumb to the cultishness and delusionalism of right wing political correctness. I did not believe the story of American vessels getting fired upon in the Gulf of Tonkin, did not ever believe the wealth would trickle down the way these antichrists believe:

Nor did I ever believe in the fairy tale that there were WMD in Iraq. I think freely and independently.
You haven't proved any errors of mine concerning God or Christianity. Instead, I have proved through the Scriptures that you are in error. And, these Scriptures you ignore.

As i said, you have a PC view of Christianity. Not a Biblical view. Nauseating.

Quantrill