Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #1

Post by AgnosticBoy »

There is now evidence that Antifa group was in the midst of the protestors. Coinciding with the timing of recent protests, now Antifa has taken over a few city blocks in a Seattle area and they're calling it the "autonomous zone".

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-sea ... omous-zone

And their real agenda was not about George Floyd but rather they used those protests to incite more chaos. The New York times reports the real agenda:
While Mr. Floyd’s death in Minneapolis drove most of the energy in the streets toward ending police violence and racial injustice, some of those here in recent days have pushed for a wider focus. Some of the messages mirror the 2011 Occupy movement and seemed aimed at targeting corporate America for its role in social inequities.

"The more we encourage and focus on the race thing, the greater our attention is not focusing on the fact that this is class warfare,” said a 28-year-old protester and self-described anarchist who identified himself only by his first name, Fredrix.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... e.amp.html

So the real agenda is not about race.

Why did mainstream media ignore all of the evidence that Antifa was involved?

Does this show the weakness of Democrats (Washington State Governor is a Democrat) when they let domestic terrorists take over their neighborhoods?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #101

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:14 pm Well, I have a doctorate in the field of law and know legal standards just a bit more than you do. At least most folks would think so. O:)
"Whether this is true or not, it carries no weight here. The only thing that matters is one's ability to support the claims they make."
- TCG

Now, getting back to the evidence instead of appeals to authority.

Where is the evidence that all of the violent protestors are undercover Right wing extremists?

Where is the evidence that an antifa member must be arrested in order to confirm that they are with antifa? Would not people self-identifying as such or doing the same activity be an indication of antifa or a left-wing group?

Tcg
Savant

Post #102

Post by Tcg »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:28 pm
"Whether this is true or not, it carries no weight here. The only thing that matters is one's ability to support the claims they make."
- TCG
My quote was addressed to you concerning your claim to own / run a forum. It was not given as a reply to koko's post as you are trying to misrepresent here.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

koko

Post #103

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:28 pm
koko wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:14 pm Well, I have a doctorate in the field of law and know legal standards just a bit more than you do. At least most folks would think so. O:)
- TCG

Now, getting back to the evidence instead of appeals to authority.

Where is the evidence that all of the violent protestors are undercover Right wing extremists?

Where is the evidence that an antifa member must be arrested in order to confirm that they are with antifa? Would not people self-identifying as such or doing the same activity be an indication of antifa or a left-wing group?

Already answered the first part of your question. You missed it like you missed all my replies re Trump "winning" again.

As for the evidence about Antifa membership, the burden of proof is upon the state in a court of law.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #104

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:48 pm Already answered the first part of your question. You missed it like you missed all my replies re Trump "winning" again.

As for the evidence about Antifa membership, the burden of proof is upon the state in a court of law.
I'm telling you it's not. What you're saying is actually quite offensive. To be a BLM member, do I have to be arrested and indicted? Is that the only way?

koko

Post #105

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:59 pm
koko wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:48 pm Already answered the first part of your question. You missed it like you missed all my replies re Trump "winning" again.

I'm telling you it's not. What you're saying is actually quite offensive. To be a BLM member, do I have to be arrested and indicted? Is that the only way?

Your problem is that, again, you are merely arguing. You are not engaging in a debate.

With Trump now classifying Antifa as a "terrorist" organization, any unlawful activity under guise of a criminal organization is subject to prosecution. In such a criminal case, the burden of proof is upon the government:

Burden of Proof in a Criminal Case
In a criminal case, the accused person is by law assumed innocent until the prosecution proves that he is guilty. The burden of proof in a criminal case rests on the prosecution, with no requirement that the defendant prove that he is innocent.

source: Google

Obviously, you do not understand the subject or you would have known this very elementary part of the law.

BLM as I have repeatedly stated is a 501(c)(3) organization. I will likely have to repeat that to you endlessly.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #106

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:01 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:59 pm I'm telling you it's not. What you're saying is actually quite offensive. To be a BLM member, do I have to be arrested and indicted? Is that the only way?
With Trump now classifying Antifa as a "terrorist" organization, any unlawful activity under guise of a criminal organization is subject to prosecution. In such a criminal case, the burden of proof is upon the government:

Burden of Proof in a Criminal Case
In a criminal case, the accused person is by law assumed innocent until the prosecution proves that he is guilty. The burden of proof in a criminal case rests on the prosecution, with no requirement that the defendant prove that he is innocent.

source: Google

Obviously, you do not understand the subject or you would have known this very elementary part of the law.

BLM as I have repeatedly stated is a 501(c)(3) organization. I will likely have to repeat that to you endlessly.
You can repeat your claims just as long as you offer evidence and of course I will do the same because I'm not convinced by your evidence. 🙂

As I mentioned before, arresting a group is only ONE way to find out who they are. You can also go by what the person identifies as and/or their views.
Last edited by AgnosticBoy on Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #107

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to koko in post #105]

Here ya go...
Jason Charter, who self identifies in social media profiles as a supporter of the anti-fascist movement antifa, was charged Friday with two counts of destruction of federal property based on videos that appear to show him participating in the vandalism of both the statue of Confederate general Albert Pike as well as the Jackson statue.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=71578899

Have a goodnight. 🙂

Tcg
Savant

Post #108

Post by Tcg »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:04 pm [Replying to koko in post #105]

Here ya go...
Jason Charter, who self identifies in social media profiles as a supporter of the anti-fascist movement antifa, was charged Friday with two counts of destruction of federal property based on videos that appear to show him participating in the vandalism of both the statue of Confederate general Albert Pike as well as the Jackson statue.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=71578899

Have a goodnight. 🙂
How does the charging of a supporter of the anti-fascist movement Antifa in Washington D.C. support your claim that Antifa has taken over Seattle, Washington? You do realize that one is a city in the state of Washington and the other is the District of Columbia?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #109

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to Tcg in post #108]

I've already provided evidence of antifa. I'm addressing a slightly different claim that Antifa is not involved in ANY
(not just Seattle) protest.

K said no evidence of antifa at all based on arrest of all recent protestors. I've provided the evidence against his claim.

Tcg
Savant

Post #110

Post by Tcg »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:25 pm

K said no evidence of antifa at all based on arrest of all recent protestors.
Please provide evidence to support your claim.

Tcg

- American Atheists

- wiploc

- Irvin D. Yalom