Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #1

Post by AgnosticBoy »

There is now evidence that Antifa group was in the midst of the protestors. Coinciding with the timing of recent protests, now Antifa has taken over a few city blocks in a Seattle area and they're calling it the "autonomous zone".

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-sea ... omous-zone

And their real agenda was not about George Floyd but rather they used those protests to incite more chaos. The New York times reports the real agenda:
While Mr. Floyd’s death in Minneapolis drove most of the energy in the streets toward ending police violence and racial injustice, some of those here in recent days have pushed for a wider focus. Some of the messages mirror the 2011 Occupy movement and seemed aimed at targeting corporate America for its role in social inequities.

"The more we encourage and focus on the race thing, the greater our attention is not focusing on the fact that this is class warfare,” said a 28-year-old protester and self-described anarchist who identified himself only by his first name, Fredrix.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... e.amp.html

So the real agenda is not about race.

Why did mainstream media ignore all of the evidence that Antifa was involved?

Does this show the weakness of Democrats (Washington State Governor is a Democrat) when they let domestic terrorists take over their neighborhoods?

koko

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #41

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:10 pm
koko wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am

It is most unfortunate that violence took place. Hopefully, none of it was set up by the police or undercover agents. However, I still do not see any evidence Antifa is behind any of it.
Right, as if an anarchist group (Antifa) would be sitting around watching all of the anarchy as opposed to joining in themselves. When you don't want the police around then lawlessness is bound to happen.

Still waiting for the government to indict any member of Antifa. So far, nothing.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #42

Post by Zzyzx »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 am
Zzyzx wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:48 am Many of us, me included, are Anti-Fascism
Who among us favors fascism? (Identified as: a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.)
"forcible suppression of opposition"

You mean when I'm called racist just for bringing up a fact that African Americans have a high percentage of single-parent households?
Kindly identify the 'forcible suppression' to which you refer. You have been corrected by Admin when claiming to have received a Warning when you did not. 'Persecution' problem?
AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 am A real anti-fascist would be against fascism from both parties, otherwise, you do support fascism when it's coming from your political party.
My political party? What a silly assumption. I do not align with ANY political party. If a party or its members agree with me, that is fine. If they do not that is fine.

Try to grasp that fascism is identified as: a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society and of the economy

It would be prudent to read the whole thing -- trying to understand what is being said -- without fixating upon some imaginary application in this Forum.
AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:13 am Perhaps the conservative moderators here would agree?
Moderators are not identified as being 'conservative' or 'liberal'. The Admin / Moderating Team is equally divided between Theist and Non-Theist. Otseng, a Theist Administrator has spoken. He and I seem to agree that racism is grossly wrong – and so is authoritarianism / fascism.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #43

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am It is most unfortunate that violence took place. Hopefully, none of it was set up by the police or undercover agents. However, I still do not see any evidence Antifa is behind any of it.
The occupiers of the autonomous zone are White, Black, Asian. That's far from a "White" supremacists group. The group also wants to defund the police so it is obviously a Leftist group.

koko

Post #44

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 pm
koko wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am It is most unfortunate that violence took place. Hopefully, none of it was set up by the police or undercover agents. However, I still do not see any evidence Antifa is behind any of it.
The occupiers of the autonomous zone are White, Black, Asian. That's far from a "White" supremacists group. The group also wants to defund the police so it is obviously a Leftist group.

This thread which accuses Antifa of the troubles has been open for 2 weeks and we are still waiting for "proof" it is behind any of it.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #45

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 pm

This thread which accuses Antifa of the troubles has been open for 2 weeks and we are still waiting for "proof" it is behind any of it.
If it's not White Supremacist then you tell me who it is?...There's not many options left.

koko

Post #46

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:45 pm
If it's not White Supremacist then you tell me who it is?...There's not many options left.

I'd like to know as well.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #47

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:22 pm

It's definitely a Leftist group. That's been settled.

koko

Post #48

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:10 pm

I guess we can go back and forth on this until the end of time. But in order to settle it, it has to be done in a court of law.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #49

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:22 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:10 pm

I guess we can go back and forth on this until the end of time. But in order to settle it, it has to be done in a court of law.
If you can show me that Antifa and BLM are Right wing groups then I will be convinced because they are the only groups wanting to "defund" the police just as those in the autonomous zone are calling for. This doesn't take a judge to figure out.

Tcg
Savant

Post #50

Post by Tcg »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:46 pm
If you can show me that Antifa and BLM are Right wing groups then I will be convinced because they are the only groups wanting to "defund" the police just as those in the autonomous zone are calling for. This doesn't take a judge to figure out.
This post is reveals a major flaw in logic. Even if it were true that Antifa and BLM are the only groups wanting to defund the police (of course no evidence to support that claim has been provided), this doesn't mean that individuals not related to any group can't support the defunding of police. Just because one supports defunding of the police doesn't mean they are part of either of these groups or any group whatsoever.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom