Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #1

Post by AgnosticBoy »

There is now evidence that Antifa group was in the midst of the protestors. Coinciding with the timing of recent protests, now Antifa has taken over a few city blocks in a Seattle area and they're calling it the "autonomous zone".

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-sea ... omous-zone


And their real agenda was not about George Floyd but rather they used those protests to incite more chaos. The New York times reports the real agenda:
While Mr. Floyd’s death in Minneapolis drove most of the energy in the streets toward ending police violence and racial injustice, some of those here in recent days have pushed for a wider focus. Some of the messages mirror the 2011 Occupy movement and seemed aimed at targeting corporate America for its role in social inequities.

"The more we encourage and focus on the race thing, the greater our attention is not focusing on the fact that this is class warfare,” said a 28-year-old protester and self-described anarchist who identified himself only by his first name, Fredrix.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... e.amp.html

So the real agenda is not about race.

Why did mainstream media ignore all of the evidence that Antifa was involved?

Does this show the weakness of Democrats (Washington State Governor is a Democrat) when they let domestic terrorists take over their neighborhoods?

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #121

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:41 am
AgnosticBoy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:48 pm
Where does he say every one of them are Right-wing as opposed to Left-wing protestors? Show me that. Also, you've said nothing about my evidence of antifa being involved. Why should I accept your evidence when you ignore mine?


Where does anything say Portland or Seattle has been taken over by Antifa? Show me police reports identifying those arrested as being members of that group then I will believe your unproven claims.
Again, go by their views and tactics. Then you'll notice that it is obviously a Left wing group. I have elaborated on this evidence elsewhere.

koko

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #122

Post by koko »

Even Fox network conservatives admit Trump's tactics in Portland and in other cities are ILLEGAL:







By federal law and by the Constitution, local issues are to be handled by local officials. Nobody invited jack booted federal thugs to invade these cities and to impose their Gestapo tactics on the citizenry. On the contrary, the mayor and governor have balked over this nonsense. Kidnapping people, holding them without charges, clubbing and threatening others are all CRIMES, not proper police actions.

All conservatives who oppose intrusive government should be shocked and outraged over these CRIMINAL actions taken by Trump. In fact, if they have any principle at all they would demand his impeachment and removal for committing CRIMES against the people.

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #123

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to koko in post #122]
That's not true when the local authorities lose control. Again this shows the weakness of Democrat officials. At this point Trump is probably contemplating to let Portland and Seattle burn down since that would be two less cities in the electorate.

koko

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #124

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:32 am [Replying to koko in post #122]
That's not true when the local authorities lose control. Again this shows the weakness of Democrat officials. At this point Trump is probably contemplating to let Portland and Seattle burn down since that would be two less cities in the electorate.


Wrong. Listen carefully to Judge Napolitano who obviously knows what he is talking about. Trump's actions are clearly illegal. Note also that a state of emergency was NOT declared which easily refutes the notion that local authorities lost control.

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #125

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to koko in post #124]

You're wrong. Read up on the insurrection laws which allows the president to send in the military to squash riots.

Bust Nak
Savant
Posts: 9459
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 am
Location: Planet Earth
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #126

Post by Bust Nak »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am You're wrong. Read up on the insurrection laws which allows the president to send in the military to squash riots.
This looked to be the relevant clause: "to address an insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination or conspiracy, in any state, which results in the deprivation of Constitutionally-secured rights, and where the state is unable, fails, or refuses to protect said rights." This last bit is interest. I want to see it challenge in court.

koko

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #127

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am [Replying to koko in post #124]

You're wrong. Read up on the insurrection laws which allows the president to send in the military to squash riots.


What "riot" are you referring to? Even the mayor participated in the demonstration and was gassed by the jack botted thugs - are you saying the mayor was rioting???

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #128

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:41 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am [Replying to koko in post #124]

You're wrong. Read up on the insurrection laws which allows the president to send in the military to squash riots.


What "riot" are you referring to? Even the mayor participated in the demonstration and was gassed by the jack botted thugs - are you saying the mayor was rioting???
Come on. These protests are never completely peaceful. I would not even consider a RACE-related protest without violence as being completely safe and it is because they are "volatile". What can start out as peaceful can turn violent and deadly VERY fast. The RACE issue and ANTI-government issue brings a lot of passion/anger. This has been shown time and time again with recent protests. These same protestors in Portland tried to set up an Autonomous zone right in front of the mayor's house. Interestingly, he reacted by sending in the police right away compared to what happened in Seattle where the police pulled back which led to protestors entrenching themselves and setting up their own territory.

Also, read up on the insurrection act like I told you earlier. Remember, you were talking as if Trump had no authority at all to send in federal security?

koko

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #129

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:24 pm
koko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:41 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am [Replying to koko in post #124]

You're wrong. Read up on the insurrection laws which allows the president to send in the military to squash riots.


What "riot" are you referring to? Even the mayor participated in the demonstration and was gassed by the jack botted thugs - are you saying the mayor was rioting???
Come on. These protests are never completely peaceful. I would not even consider a RACE-related protest without violence as being completely safe and it is because they are "volatile". What can start out as peaceful can turn violent and deadly VERY fast. The RACE issue and ANTI-government issue brings a lot of passion/anger. This has been shown time and time again with recent protests. These same protestors in Portland tried to set up an Autonomous zone right in front of the mayor's house. Interestingly, he reacted by sending in the police right away compared to what happened in Seattle where the police pulled back which led to protestors entrenching themselves and setting up their own territory.

Also, read up on the insurrection act like I told you earlier. Remember, you were talking as if Trump had no authority at all to send in federal security?


I am fully aware of the Insurrection Act {1807} having studied it in law school when taking courses on civil rights and the evolution of case law in this matter. Trump will have to demonstrate that an "insurrection" had taken place and that people's rights were being violated. But which "insurrection" took place and whose rights were being violated? The mayor participated in the demonstration and did not complain about anyone losing their rights. If this is constested in a court of law, the burden of proof will be upon Trump to prove these occurred. So tell me, what evidence will he present?

Funny how up to just a few weeks ago right wingers were upholding states rights as opposed to federal mandates in imposing masking. Now all of a sudden those states/cities rights have all gone out the window. Abolutely amazing!

User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1339
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: Antifa takes over Seattle, Washington

Post #130

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:36 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:24 pm
koko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:41 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am [Replying to koko in post #124]

You're wrong. Read up on the insurrection laws which allows the president to send in the military to squash riots.


What "riot" are you referring to? Even the mayor participated in the demonstration and was gassed by the jack botted thugs - are you saying the mayor was rioting???
Come on. These protests are never completely peaceful. I would not even consider a RACE-related protest without violence as being completely safe and it is because they are "volatile". What can start out as peaceful can turn violent and deadly VERY fast. The RACE issue and ANTI-government issue brings a lot of passion/anger. This has been shown time and time again with recent protests. These same protestors in Portland tried to set up an Autonomous zone right in front of the mayor's house. Interestingly, he reacted by sending in the police right away compared to what happened in Seattle where the police pulled back which led to protestors entrenching themselves and setting up their own territory.

Also, read up on the insurrection act like I told you earlier. Remember, you were talking as if Trump had no authority at all to send in federal security?


I am fully aware of the Insurrection Act {1807} having studied it in law school when taking courses on civil rights and the evolution of case law in this matter. Trump will have to demonstrate that an "insurrection" had taken place and that people's rights were being violated. But which "insurrection" took place and whose rights were being violated? The mayor participated in the demonstration and did not complain about anyone losing their rights. If this is constested in a court of law, the burden of proof will be upon Trump to prove these occurred. So tell me, what evidence will he present?

Funny how up to just a few weeks ago right wingers were upholding states rights as opposed to federal mandates in imposing masking. Now all of a sudden those states/cities rights have all gone out the window. Abolutely amazing!
Well you remember what happened in Seattle, right? Those were some lovely "peaceful" protestors, so much so that they started looting and took over Seattle. I guess that doesn't count as some insurrection until they start coming to YOUR front door or until it spreads all over the US, right?!

Post Reply