Church standing against racism

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Church standing against racism

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Yesterday, I volunteered as a photographer for the OneRace March in Atlanta. Approximately 6000 people gathered at Centennial Olympic Park for worship, prayer, listening to speakers, and marching to the capital to demonstrate against racial injustice.

I don't know how they were able to get the Centennial Olympic Park on Juneteenth. The organizers must have good connections to have been able to pull that off.

I was impressed how many people from different races came to rally against racial injustice. One pastor, who has been working for years for racial reconciliation, noted this was the first time he's seen such a large interracial group standing together against black injustice and for racial unity. Another pastor preached if this country is going to solve racial injustice, it must be done in the church first. I wholeheartedly agree and I was quite proud of the church standing together for racial reconciliation.

Here's a video from the march to the capital:

From the OneRace FAQ:
What is OneRace Movement?

OneRace Movement is hosting an event called March on Atlanta on June 19, 2020. OneRace is multi-ethic collective of hundreds of churches and ministries throughout Atlanta and around the U.S. working to displace the spirit of racism and release a movement of racial reconciliation. Our mission is to teach a city how to love regardless of color, class, or culture. For more information, please visit http://oneracemovement.com.

What is March on Atlanta ?

In light of the racially motivated violence of the past several weeks and the corresponding protests across our nation, we are calling for a clear biblical response of righteousness and justice from the Church of our city.

June 19th or “Juneteenth” commemorates the emancipation of African Americans from slavery. The purpose of this march is to decry racism in every form and declare unity from the Church across lines of race, class, denomination, and culture. We want the world to see a demonstration of truth & love, demanding that the story change for the generations to come.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Church standing against racism

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Zzyzx wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Thank you for clarifying for all to see that Jehovahs Witness's official position is that they have exclusive claim to being "Christian community" or "True Christian".

You' re most welcome. I think here is a good forum to present beliefs and that is what I have done. I have posted more in this subject - see posts below.

JW

To learn more po to my other posts related to...

CHRISTIANITY, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and ...RELIGIOUS TRUTH
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8