Likely outcome

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Likely outcome

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

What is the likely out come of defunding a police department?

Better race relations? How so?

or

A major increase in crime?

-----

(For the sake of this debate, let's assume that "defunding the police" means at least budget cuts, such as in NYC where 1 billion was cut from the NYPD. But it could also mean the complete dismantling of a given police department, such as has been voted by the city council in Minneapolis.)
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Re: Likely outcome

Post #2

Post by DavidLeon »

Elijah John wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:18 pm What is the likely out come of defunding a police department?

or

-----

(For the sake of this debate, let's assume that "defunding the police" means at least budget cuts, such as in NYC where 1 billion was cut from the NYPD. But it could also mean the complete dismantling of a given police department, such as has been voted by the city council in Minneapolis.)
That's a tough question, oddly enough. It shouldn't be but it is. Only in America. The police are underpaid, poorly trained, and far too corrupt. Most of the problem in America isn't racism it's the drug war. The solution isn't defunding it's better pay and training and end the drug war. They should certainly have their weapons taken away.

However, if you ask me what would provide a real solution to most of mankind's current problems, get rid of money. The love of money really is the root of all evil. Crime, racism, poverty, corruption all disappear. The second part of the solution would be to stop promoting democracy as anything but a bad system. Stop taking away the rights of individuals for the sake of victim identity politics. Stop telling people they can't take this drug and they have to wear a seat belt, et cetera ad nauseam.

Get rid of the statutes and regulations of consent of the ignorant and educate your people instead of dumbing them down to be obedient workers. The birth certificate should have been a blazing red flag for that.
I no longer post here

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Likely outcome

Post #3

Post by Difflugia »

Elijah John wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:18 pmWhat is the likely out come of defunding a police department?

or

Did you intend your question as a dichotomy? You left out lots of possibilities, many of which aren't mutually exclusive:
  • An increase in crime-prevention methods that aren't direcly related to law enforcement
  • Improved police relationships with their communities independent of race
  • A shift in police management and ovesight bringing department policies more in line with community values and expectations
  • More funding for social programs unrelated to either policing or crime-prevention
I suppose to be fair, we should include some more negative possibilities, as well:
  • Sad, impotent-feeling racists
  • Sad, impotent-feeling police officers
  • Sad, impotent-feeling, racist police officers