"It's only a few who are violent"

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

"It's only a few who are violent"

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

One often hears the refrain from the Left that "it's only a few who are violent or who riot, most are peaceful protestors".
If that were the case, then why don't the leaders in these troubled, Democrat-run cities restore law and order?

Are they unable? Or unwilling to restore and maintain law and order and stop the arson, looting and rioting?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #2

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to Elijah John in post #1]

I question if these leaders are even interested in calling out that violent few. In fact, why don't the peaceful protestors stop the violent ones since they are so few? Why don't they accept that it's only a "few" bad cops instead of juding ALL cops on the basis of a few?

Instead, what we find are the protest and government leaders focusing more on the police presence instead focusing on the thugs in their group.

woodtick
Student

Post #3

Post by woodtick »

T
Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

woodtick wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:27 pm There use to be a time when billy club's, water canon's, tear gas, and plastic bullets did the trick.
Don't forget the violent attack dogs:

Love your neighbor as yourself, unless of course you've got billy clubs, water canons, tear gas, plastic bullets, and attack dogs.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Elijah John in post #1]

Here's a group of suspicious Quaker protestors:

We'd better keep a watch on these three. Senior citizen pacifists can become rather feisty when confronted.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Elijah John
Savant

Post #6

Post by Elijah John »

Tcg wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:08 am [Replying to Elijah John in post #1]

Here's a group of suspicious Quaker protestors:

We'd better keep a watch on these three. Senior citizen pacifists can become rather feisty when confronted.

Tcg
Yeah, trouble is, we don't see too much of that. I doubt these quakers are screaming or blocking traffic. Quietly holding signs, prayer circles and candlelight vigils are the ways of peaceful protest. Cities on fire at the hands of BLM and Antifa, are not.

But that is beside the point. The OP is wondering if it is really indeed "only a few" who are violent, then why don't the mayors of Seattle and Portland etc. take care of business and restore law and order? They seem unable or unwilling. They would rather demonize the federal law enforcement agents. That is like blaming doctors for disease. Or maybe it is really much more than "a few" who are violent and intimidating?

"Only few are violent"? On the contrary, when it comes to the current crop of protesters, it seems only a few are peaceful.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #7

Post by Elijah John »

Tcg wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:30 pm
woodtick wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:27 pm There use to be a time when billy club's, water canon's, tear gas, and plastic bullets did the trick.
Don't forget the violent attack dogs:

Love your neighbor as yourself, unless of course you've got billy clubs, water canons, tear gas, plastic bullets, and attack dogs.

Tcg
THAT picture is a good example of what "systematic racism" looks like. Not the very occasional bad cop of today. Don't ignore the progress we have made as a society, but the protesters and rioters of today don't seem to have that frame of reference.

What's wrong with this picture? I don't see any black cops. And the police in that picture are aggressive despite the fact that the black people in the street don't look like troublemakers, they don't look aggressive, at all. Things were bad back then, horrible. Things are much different now, fully integrated police forces etc.

No one is using attack dogs anymore, nor should they. Or water canons, and some cities are forbidding police from using tear gas and rubber bullets at all, leaving them defenseless against the mob. How would you suggest they stop the rioters when they throw bricks and set fire to federal court houses and precinct buildings?

What tools would you allow the police for crowd control?

-YHVH is LORD

koko

Post #8

Post by koko »

Contrary to the myth that Antifa or BLM are creating violence, it is disguised white supremacists who are fomenting violence:

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020 ... es-matter/

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

“There were white supremacists marching under the banner of Black Lives Matter, an attempt to undermine an otherwise overwhelmingly peaceful movement toward social justice,” - Mayor Stoney.

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/07/25/protes ... -set-fire/

Yes, it is only a few who are violent - a few white supremacists, undercover cops, and European/Slavic agents as I have proven on other threads.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #9

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:50 am Contrary to the myth that Antifa or BLM are creating violence, it is disguised white supremacists who are fomenting violence:

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020 ... es-matter/

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

“There were white supremacists marching under the banner of Black Lives Matter, an attempt to undermine an otherwise overwhelmingly peaceful movement toward social justice,” - Mayor Stoney.

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/07/25/protes ... -set-fire/

Yes, it is only a few who are violent - a few white supremacists, undercover cops, and European/Slavic agents as I have proven on other threads.
I saw a Black male among those arrested. It's one thing to say that SOME of the violence is caused by White supremacists but it's another to say all of it is when there is clear evidence of minorities causing crime, assaulting white police officers, etc.

If your source says that all of the crime is caused by white supremacist as opposed to a small percentage, then your source is fake news.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #10

Post by Bust Nak »

Isn't the answer already in your question? There is no need to escalate things because most are peaceful protestors.