"It's only a few who are violent"

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant
Posts: 12235
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: New England
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 14 times

"It's only a few who are violent"

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

One often hears the refrain from the Left that "it's only a few who are violent or who riot, most are peaceful protestors".
If that were the case, then why don't the leaders in these troubled, Democrat-run cities restore law and order?

Are they unable? Or unwilling to restore and maintain law and order and stop the arson, looting and rioting?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Online
User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #21

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Bust Nak wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:50 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:07 pm Look many in the LEFT are just angry. That is why their protests are prone to violence.. watching an all Right wing Republican protest I see no anger and therefore no violence.
You have a point, so the question is, why are right wingers not angry enough about police brutality to be out there rioting with the left? It's not like anger is alien to right wingers, they get pretty angry over stuff like socialism. Police reform shouldn't be a partisan topic.
Show me a mostly or all Republican protest where there's looting and destruction of property?

Online
User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #22

Post by AgnosticBoy »

koko wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:25 pm
AgnosticBoy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:07 pm [Replying to koko in post #15]

Look many in the LEFT are just angry. That is why their protests are prone to violence.. watching an all Right wing Republican protest I see no anger and therefore no violence. So please don't give me that fake news nonsense that White right wingers are causing violence.

Just look at this peaceful Right wing protest:
youtu.be/PGviL18ai0Q

You don't see any looting do you? You don't see any anger do you?



peaceful BLM marches:


https://www.google.com/search?q=peacefu ... e&ie=UTF-8
Peaceful BLM protest? Haha.

BLM has caused and done so much violence to last a lifetime. That most certainly overshadows any their supposed "peaceful protest which usually amounts to starting out as peaceful but ending up as non peaceful.

Bust Nak
Savant
Posts: 9459
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 am
Location: Planet Earth
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #23

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to AgnosticBoy in post #21]

Nothing springs to mind. Was that a rhetorical question? I ask because I don't see what that has to do with my question.

Online
User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #24

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Bust Nak wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:45 am [Replying to AgnosticBoy in post #21]

Nothing springs to mind. Was that a rhetorical question? I ask because I don't see what that has to do with my question.
I appreciate your honesty. My point was to show that it is not characteristic of Republicans to engage in violent protests. So that makes it very unlikely that they are contributing to violence in recent protests. That proves KOKO wrong.

In fact there is plenty of evidence of BLM members rioting, looting, assaulting police officers and others, and putting their knee on the neck of White babies. Given these facts we should not be surprised that is violence involved with recent BLM protest. Fake news sources are just looking for others to blame.

Bust Nak
Savant
Posts: 9459
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 am
Location: Planet Earth
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #25

Post by Bust Nak »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:19 am I appreciate your honesty. My point was to show that it is not characteristic of Republicans to engage in violent protests.
a) Does the Unite the Right rally not count? b) why are you asking me if you were trying to make a point against koko's post?
So that makes it very unlikely that they are contributing to violence in recent protests.
Doesn't the context matter here? Not likely to engage in your own violent protests doesn't imply not likely to engage in other people's violent protests.
In fact there is plenty of evidence of BLM members rioting, looting, assaulting police officers and others, and putting their knee on the neck of White babies. Given these facts we should not be surprised that is violence involved with recent BLM protest. Fake news sources are just looking for others to blame.
Is the Minneapolis Police Department fake news sources in your book?

Online
User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #26

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to Bust Nak in post #25]

I can post videos of minorities looting in Minneapolis so I'm not sure what's your point is.

Online
User avatar
AgnosticBoy
Guru
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Contact:

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #27

Post by AgnosticBoy »

I reject all claims of White supremacists being involved...here's why...

Many rush to blame antifa, white supremacists for George Floyd unrest, but few offer evidence to back claims
People associated with both the extreme right and left are being accused of igniting the conflagration. The Trump administration blamed what it called the radical left, naming antifa, a contraction of the word “anti-fascist” that has come to be associated with a diffuse movement of left-wing protesters who engage in more aggressive techniques like vandalism.

Others said white supremacists and far-right groups were responsible, pointing to online statements by adherents that the upheaval would hasten the collapse of a multiethnic, multicultural United States.

Still, few of those pointing the finger at extremists presented much detailed evidence to support the accusations, and some officials conceded the lack of solid information.

“The truth is, nobody really knows,” Keith Ellison, Minnesota’s attorney general and a former Democratic congressman from Minneapolis, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
https://www-chicagotribune-com.cdn.ampp ... 20%251%24s

Bust Nak
Savant
Posts: 9459
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 am
Location: Planet Earth
Has thanked: 117 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #28

Post by Bust Nak »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:21 amI can post videos of minorities looting in Minneapolis so I'm not sure what's your point is.
I had 3 points:
1) right wingers are not strangers to violence.
2) right wingers taking part in peaceful protest is not evidence that right wingers are not involved in left wing riots.
3) we have impartial sources affirming at least one instance of a right winger being involved in left wing riots.

Not sure what minorities looting in Minneapolis has got to do with any of these points.

koko

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #29

Post by koko »

AgnosticBoy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:19 am
Peaceful BLM protest? Haha.

BLM has caused and done so much violence to last a lifetime. That most certainly overshadows any their supposed "peaceful protest which usually amounts to starting out as peaceful but ending up as non peaceful.

Nonsense.

If the mythology that you are saying is true, then why does BLM still have tax exempt status? Why hasn't the Trump regime tried to end that status?

As you just saw from my link, the Richmond mayor and police chief both PRAISED the BLM group for promoting peace in that city. How do you explain that?

Washington DC's mayor and Gov Cuomo also praised BLM. So did Minnesota Gov Walz, Minneapolis mayor Frey, St Paul mayor Carter. Why do you supposed they did this if BLM was the trouble makers you pretend they are???

User avatar
woodtick
Student
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: "It's only a few who are violent"

Post #30

Post by woodtick »

Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply