bullied into silence

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

bullied into silence

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

By posting "BLACK LIVES MATTER" all over the place with graffiti, lawn signs, hats, flags, street "murals", banners, t-shirts then vehemently objecting when anyone says "Blue Lives Matter" or "All Lives Matter" or any other related slogan, aren't BLM supporters in effect saying that "ONLY Black Lives Matter"? Or ONLY BLM opinions matter? Or "Black Lives Matter More"?

If not, then why does BLM bully stores and business like Walmart Goodyear etc, into canceling other forms of speech and expression? Why do they bully individuals into silence as well? Like they did with the Phantom Gourmet in the Boston area who expressed some criticism of BLM.

Why attempt to silence everyone else? Another example, an artist in Staten Island painted a long blue line along the sidewalk, and BLM covered it with graffiti. And the city told the artist who supported police to "cease and desist". No such order came from City Hall against BLM.

This is one of very few places where people are allowed to question BLM and their tactics. Why is freedom of speech so rare nowadays? BLM does not have a monopoly on civil rights nor does it speak for all black people.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: bullied into silence

Post #2

Post by Bust Nak »

Elijah John wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:02 pm aren't BLM supporters in effect saying that "ONLY Black Lives Matter"? Or ONLY BLM opinions matter?
No.
Or "Black Lives Matter More"?
In one sense, It's saying Black lives are the most in need of attention. Does saying the house that is on fire needs more attention than the one that is doing fine count as saying the first house matters more?
If not, then why does BLM bully stores and business like Walmart Goodyear etc, into canceling other forms of speech and expression? Why do they bully individuals into silence as well?
Because not everyone would do the right thing by their own volition.
This is one of very few places where people are allowed to question BLM and their tactics. Why is freedom of speech so rare nowadays? BLM does not have a monopoly on civil rights nor does it speak for all black people.
Freedom of speech so rare on this issue because rarely are issues so black and white.

koko

Post #3

Post by koko »

"bullied into silence"

When the Dixie Chicks made a comment about traitor Bush and his imperialist war on Iraq, the treasonous far right threatened them and forced them into silence. Their concerts were cancelled, the music stations boycotted their music, and they were ostracized from the music industry so that they lost millions of dollars. Anyone who dared to stray from the conformist and delusional right wing cultism was viewed and treated in such a manner. Same with Kathy Griffin today when she dared to criticize Trump.

Nobody is more bullied into silence than anyone who dares to stray from radical right wing conformity.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #4

Post by Elijah John »

koko wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:11 am "bullied into silence"

When the Dixie Chicks made a comment about traitor Bush and his imperialist war on Iraq, the treasonous far right threatened them and forced them into silence. Their concerts were cancelled, the music stations boycotted their music, and they were ostracized from the music industry so that they lost millions of dollars. Anyone who dared to stray from the conformist and delusional right wing cultism was viewed and treated in such a manner. Same with Kathy Griffin today when she dared to criticize Trump.
Kathy Griffin's idea of "criticism" was to hold a severed head replica of President Trump. She's lucky she was not brought up on charges for threatening a president with her disgusting stunt.
Nobody is more bullied into silence than anyone who dares to stray from radical right wing conformity.
Not lately. It's the other way around nowadays. The Left used to champion free speech with such maxims as "I may disagree with your statement, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". Now they are the ones who silence people who disagree with them.

Example? Goodyear's policy of what is acceptable and unacceptabe speech.

Acceptable according to Goodyear: Black Lives Matter and anything promoting LBGTQ agenda.
Unacceptable according to Goodyear: Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, and MAGA.

That is supression of opposing points of view. And the irony is the forbidden slogans are not necessarily opposing, but rather they are simply alternative.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

koko

Post #5

Post by koko »

Elijah John wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Kathy Griffin's idea of "criticism" was to hold a severed head replica of President Trump. She's lucky she was not brought up on charges for threatening a president with her disgusting stunt.

Not lately. It's the other way around nowadays. The Left used to champion free speech with such maxims as "I may disagree with your statement, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". Now they are the ones who silence people who disagree with them.

Example? Goodyear's policy of what is acceptable and unacceptabe speech.

Acceptable according to Goodyear: Black Lives Matter and anything promoting LBGTQ agenda.
Unacceptable according to Goodyear: Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, and MAGA.

That is supression of opposing points of view. And the irony is the forbidden slogans are not necessarily opposing, but rather they are simply alternative.

Griffin is a comedienne and performed shows that were totally sold out for 2 years with that routine. If she had made any threats she had more than ample time to get it done. But she didn't because it was all a joke. She was censored by McCarthyite right wingers for simply doing her job as a funny lady.

Right wingers always claimed to be champions of limited government and protectors of free speech - but only as long as these efforts protect them and no one else.

BLM? How about Accuracy In Academia remember them? How about the Fox nework and how it censors anyone who disagrees with them as does AM right wing radio. Try calling up an AM right wing radio show and make a pro liberal speech - see how quickly the right wingers ban you.

Good Year? How about the NFL's suppression of Colin Kaepernick and anyone who kneels during the Anthem?

Nobody but nobody censors more than the right.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #6

Post by Bust Nak »

koko wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:11 am When the Dixie Chicks made a comment about traitor Bush...
Moderator Comment

Please refrain from inflammatory posts.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #7

Post by Bust Nak »

Elijah John wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:15 pm The Left used to champion free speech with such maxims as "I may disagree with your statement, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". Now they are the ones who silence people who disagree with them.
These are not mutually exclusive. I readily affirm that you have to right to say whatever you want (minus things like "fire" in a crowded theater), but that doesn't mean I must let you speak on my soapbox, nor would it mean I won't shout you down while you speak on your own soapbox.

koko

Post #8

Post by koko »

Bust Nak wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:17 am
koko wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:11 am When the Dixie Chicks made a comment about traitor Bush* ...
Moderator Comment

Please refrain from inflammatory posts.

Please review the Rules.

With all due respect, if this standard was applied on a uniform basis we would not be seeing the endless attacks by forum right wingers on BLM which retains its tax exempt status and was honored for promoting peace by the Richmond mayor and police chief. Instead we have continual attacks on that group.

May I please ask that you apply your standards on a uniform basis as per James 2:

Treat Everyone the Same
2 My brothers and sisters, you are believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. So treat everyone the same.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... rsion=NIRV

*Please also note Bush's Downing Street Memo and how it lead to a needless was in Iraq.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #9

Post by Bust Nak »

koko wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:49 am With all due respect...
Moderator Comment

Public responses to moderator actions are also against the rule, you should take your grievances to private messages, to any moderator you trust or straight to otseng.

If you see posts by forum right wingers that you deem inflammatory, report it. Don't respond in kind.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

koko

Post #10

Post by koko »

I have sent a note to otseng as we have been in previous PM discussions about this before.

Peace ...