Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

diners in dc harrassed

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

some questions:

1) Are these protesters practicing social distancing? If not, why not? Does protesting give one immunity from the Covid 19 virus?

2) Are these protesters observing the golden rule of Judaism and Christianity? Is this how people should be treated?

3) Is this "peaceful protest"?

4) Shouldn't people observe the golden rule even when striving for racial justice?

My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: diners in dc harrassed

Post #2

Post by Bust Nak »

Elijah John wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:58 pm Are these protesters practicing social distancing?
No.
If not, why not?
Some things are more important than Covid 19.
Does protesting give one immunity from the Covid 19 virus?
No.
Are these protesters observing the golden rule of Judaism and Christianity?
Depends.
Is this how people should be treated?
Maybe.
Is this "peaceful protest"?
Yes.
Shouldn't people observe the golden rule even when striving for racial justice?
Yes.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #3

Post by Elijah John »

Bust Nak wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:23 am
Elijah John wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:58 pm
Is this "peaceful protest"?
Yes.
Shouldn't people observe the golden rule even when striving for racial justice?
Yes.
So, BLM and Antifa often chant "no justice no peace". Seems when they scream at people just trying to enjoy a good meal like this they mean it literally. You call it peaceful protest. Clearly this is not peaceful, this is disturbing the peace.

So how in the world can disturbing the peace be considered "peaceful protest"?

And regarding the Golden Rule, how would you like it if a mob of people gathered to shout at you when you were trying to eat? As far as I know, even atheists embrace the Golden Rule, or profess to.

-YHVH is LORD

koko

Post #4

Post by koko »

This is BLM? Where are all the black people? You sure these are BLM and not some paid provocateurs?? And they are not dressed like Antifa so I wonder who these people are(?). When the cops came, did they indict any members of Antifa & BLM? How do we know which specific groups these people represent??

This certainly isn't Christian behavior. These people, ever whom they are, certainly should not misbehave or follow the examples of undercover cops or Proud Boys and Three Percenters or the like.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #5

Post by Bust Nak »

Elijah John wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:34 pm So how in the world can disturbing the peace be considered "peaceful protest"?
No violence, no looting, no destruction of properties.
And regarding the Golden Rule, how would you like it if a mob of people gathered to shout at you when you were trying to eat? As far as I know, even atheists embrace the Golden Rule, or profess to.
I would not like it in the "am I enjoying this?" sense; I would like in the "this is be how I would like to be treated" sense - I want people to scream at me for failing to uphold my duty for standing up for the oppressed members of my society. Hence my answers "depends" and "maybe."

koko

Post #6

Post by koko »

As a Hispanic, I have never had the experience of being harrassed at a restaurant. The worse that's happened to me is late service whereas the white customers got more timely and more courteous service. But I can deal with that.

However, I have had the experience of being stopped by cops for walking in a white neighborhood and being asked why I was in that area. Those cops have guns, are often hostile, and you never know if they are trigger happy. I have also been followed in department stores by cops/security guards and have had my shopping bags inspected. That's harrassment. I have never seen this done to whites walking in Hispanic neighborhoods or in shops.

It's time for everyone to get treated alike.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #7

Post by Elijah John »

Bust Nak wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:36 am
Elijah John wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:34 pm So how in the world can disturbing the peace be considered "peaceful protest"?
No violence, no looting, no destruction of properties.
I would not like it in the "am I enjoying this?" sense; I would like in the "this is be how I would like to be treated" sense - I want people to scream at me for failing to uphold my duty for standing up for the oppressed members of my society. Hence my answers "depends" and "maybe."
How do you know, and how do they know the recipients of their screaming are not standing up for the oppressed? And who exactly is oppressed? Only blacks? LeBron James? Michelle Obama? Oprah? Beyonce? Kanye? Barack Obama? Susan Rice?

It's distubing the peace pure and simple. And therefore it is NOT "peaceful protest" It is disorderly conduct. And that is a crime. And you are not a racist, are you? So why would you welcome people screaming at you with the implication that "if you don't do exactly what we say, you are a racist".

Most people are decent. Most people do not say or do racist things or judge people by the color of their skin. Most people are NOT racist. So we don't need a bunch of self righteous college students screaming at us. This insanity.

In fact, a guest on the Greg Gutfeld show put it very well. "The definition of insanity is white people screaming at other white people about their whiteness".

These are self-righteous insufferable scolds. They are winning no friends to the cause.

And by the way, what right do they have to disrupt the business of an innocent third party?

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #8

Post by Elijah John »

koko wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:52 am
It's time for everyone to get treated alike.
Sorry to hear about some of the things you went though. Though relatively minor, it was still wrong.

Can't argue with your concluding statement here.

Also, in response to something else you said. Is BLM limited to only black people? It seems to me that most of their supporters here in rural America are white. Sign carrying members of BLM?

And most of their white destructive allies are Antifa. But BLM is not off the hook for inciting or actually commiting violence. I hear their chants. They are not chants for peaceful change.

-YHVH is LORD

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #9

Post by Bust Nak »

Elijah John wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:21 am How do you know, and how do they know the recipients of their screaming are not standing up for the oppressed?
Because the recipient is not shouting with them.
And who exactly is oppressed? Only blacks? LeBron James? Michelle Obama? Oprah? Beyonce? Kanye? Barack Obama? Susan Rice?
Lots of people. People of color mostly.
It's distubing the peace pure and simple. And therefore it is NOT "peaceful protest" It is disorderly conduct. And that is a crime.
Why not both? Disturbing the peace as a legal matter, peaceful protest as a general one.
And you are not a racist, are you? So why would you welcome people screaming at you with the implication that "if you don't do exactly what we say, you are a racist".
I would like people to remind me when I am slacking.
Most people are decent. Most people do not say or do racist things or judge people by the color of their skin. Most people are NOT racist.
a) Not good enough, we need to be more than non-racist, we need to be anti-racist. b) I'd like to know how you figured that it's most people? Most people you know maybe?
So we don't need a bunch of self righteous college students screaming at us.
Apparently we do, (presumably) you are not out there matching with BLM.
These are self-righteous insufferable scolds. They are winning no friends to the cause.
Maybe, hopefully we already have enough friends to make a difference. Remember, we are doing this for everyone's benefit - police brutality isn't limited to black people.
And by the way, what right do they have to disrupt the business of an innocent third party?
Legally or morally? Legally, I don't know. Morally, they have whatever right I deem appropriate.

koko

Post #10

Post by koko »

Elijah John wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:42 am

Sorry to hear about some of the things you went though. Though relatively minor, it was still wrong.

Can't argue with your concluding statement here.

Also, in response to something else you said. Is BLM limited to only black people? It seems to me that most of their supporters here in rural America are white. Sign carrying members of BLM?

And most of their white destructive allies are Antifa. But BLM is not off the hook for inciting or actually commiting violence. I hear their chants. They are not chants for peaceful change.

Thank you for your concern over the unfortunate incidents I've had.

As for BLM, the majority of its supporters here in the Twin Cities are definitely white. We have seen many reports of peaceful rallies on local TV and they clearly reveal that most of the ralliers are white.

BLM's protests are largely peaceful. There have been many TV/radio/media reports of outsiders committing violence and attributing those to BLM. Several times, BLM members have said those trouble makers are not members of their group and that the peaceful people do not know who they are. I have previously posted links which show agitators speaking with Slavic or Southern accents and which show undercover police or far right radicals committing violence and attributing them to BLM. Governor Walz, mayor Frey (Minneapolis) and mayor Carter (St Paul) have all gone on record as saying the trouble you have seen on TV or You Tube was largely caused by outsiders who are NOT members of BLM.