Blue state, democrat city

Debate and discussion on racism and related issues

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Blue state, democrat city

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Blue state Democrat city mayors in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, New York, Kenosha, Atlanta, DC etc. seem unable or unwilling to keep the peace in their cities, allowing them to burn and their downtowns destroyed.

Are mayors like Ted Wheeler, Jenny Durkin, Lori Lightfoot, Muriel Bowser, Bill DeBlasio etc modern day Neros who "fiddle" while their cities burn?

Is this the right way to go about achieving racial justice and reform?

So which is it. Are they unable or unwilling to keep the peace? Why do they resist federal help when it's clear they are unable to keep the peace in their own cities?

Are they evil for deliberately allowing their cities to burn and allowing innocent people to be hurt, harrassed or killed? Or simply incompetent.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Blue state, democrat city

Post #2

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to Elijah John in post #1]

I used to think they were weak on security until I Chicago mayor Lightfoot banned protests from occurring on her block. That is one of the most selfish decisions she could take because she's willing to do anything to protect her property while ignoring the concerns of other residents and business owners who I would also like to see protest stopped in their area.

koko

Post #3

Post by koko »

We have discussed this issue on other threads. I do not live in Chicago or Portland and cannot address the problems there. But since I live in the Twin Cities I can specifically address the issue here.

Here in Minnesota it's not the mayors that are the problem. It is the state Republican legislators who refused to impose police reforms that would have stopped police from engaging in their criminally repressive tactics. Had those pols shown the wisdom and had the sense of justice that the Democrat pols have, police would not commit these unjust crimes and society would be more ordered.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 77686.html

Like it says in the Bible ~ no justice, no peace - Isaiah 59:8.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #4

Post by Bust Nak »

Elijah John wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:40 pm So which is it. Are they unable or unwilling to keep the peace?
A bit of both.
Why do they resist federal help when it's clear they are unable to keep the peace in their own cities?
Because the kind of "help" in question would make things worse.
Are they evil for deliberately allowing their cities to burn and allowing innocent people to be hurt, harrassed or killed? Or simply incompetent.
Neither? Mayors don't control everything in their cities, most importantly, how much money they get to spend. With what control they do have, Ted Wheeler for example, have defund the police and announced plans on police reform. He doesn't seem to be getting much recognition for what he has done in response to the protests/riots.