Introduction

Moderator: isaachunter

isaachunter
Student

Introduction

Post #1

Post by isaachunter »

I asked for this Usergroup to be created specifically for those who are enrolled or thinking about enrolling in Seminary. I imagine it to be a place where seminary students can ask questions specific to seminary life, issue they are having about their education, pose questions they might have about what direction to take, what kind of research to do, or questions about the research they're doing.

All are welcome, especially those who are at a Christian College, University, or Seminary, or in some other capacity studying religious or theological topics.

I finished a BA in History several years ago, a Master's in Theological Studies in 2020, and I've just been admitted to a Doctor of Theology program where I will be researching Christian Philosophy, the Philosophy of Death, and Church Persecution.

So, if you have any questions or want to discuss your current seminary life, schoolwork, or research, please post a topic.

IH

otseng
Savant

Re: Introduction

Post #11

Post by otseng »

Overcomer wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:45 am How did you find the Biola experience? I know that, when it comes to apologetics, it has a great reputation. But it didn't have a fully online program so that's why I didn't choose it for graduate work in the field.
Everything is online except a two week summer residency to attend in-class sessions (which I believe is now optional). But, I'm glad they have the summer residency. You get to meet the professors and the other students. I also have an MBA degree that was entirely on-line. But, it's not really the same since you don't get to meet anyone face-to-face. Overall, I'm glad I had the chance to participate in the program.

Overcomer
Guru

Re: Introduction

Post #12

Post by Overcomer »

I didn't realize it could be done entirely online now. It wasn't way back when I first looked at it. But now that I think about it, that was a long, long time ago. I did their certificate program because it was something I could do at home on my own.

I hope you have a blessed Christmas. It's a strange one this year because of COVID, but no matter what craziness goes on in the world, Jesus is always worth celebrating, eh?