Eternal life

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

Eternal life

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

Would it not be better to give everybody eternal life? And then teach them what it demands? Love?

If people do not want eternal life then they can just ask God to erase them from existence?

Maybe the priests should have a great conversation with Sadhguru:

I would like to make him the leader of the world:

He makes me happy :D

Your friend forever

Savant

Re: Eternal life

Post #21

Post by 1213 »

Seth wrote: But that is the very essence of Christianity. Do the right thing (almost infinite options) and go to heaven.
I think Christianity is what Jesus taught. And Jesus said righteous in to the eternal life. It is very different than what many modern “Christians� claim.

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #22

Post by Waterfall »

William wrote: [Replying to post 1 by ]

Waterfall: Would it not be better to give everybody eternal life?

William: From the information available to me, we are really Eternal Beings/aspects of an Eternal Being and thus, regardless of what we are told to believe about ourselves, we cannot have anything but eternal life/individual self consciousness forever.
We have simply always existed. We will simply always exist.

Waterfall: And then teach them what it demands? Love?

William: It may be that as The Eternal Being I have always known this as a natural aspect of my singular Self, and it is a natural aspect of our collective common sense as we go through the Human Experience.

Obviously as The Eternal Being, I designed this Universe Experience for the purpose of forgetting that I was an Eternal Being, and thus having to learn - through said experience among many other things - what Love is...and if I do not get it before the experience is up, there will be continued opportunity in the next phase of operation in which to continue with the lesson.

Waterfall: If people do not want eternal life then they can just ask God to erase them from existence?

William: It is not eternal life which people are fearful of, as far as I can tell.

An Eternal Entity cannot erase itself from existing.

What It can do though, is create scenarios in which It can at least experience having no memory of a prior existence and also put an end to that experience without knowing for sure if it will survive the event of its death.

Those are Reality Simulation Experiences which allow for The Eternal Entity to have as close a proximity to 'the real thing' as it can, because 'the real thing' cannot actually happen for it otherwise.

From that perspective it is clear that an Eternal Entity might want to sleep and dream for a while and learn from that what it will.
But is it not better to live in heaven than here on earth? I understand that it is not eternal life people are afraid of but if it takes many incarnations on earth to reach heaven then they migth say...it is not worse it...just erase me from existense?

Did we talk with each other about running the Simulation? How many times are we to run the Simulation before we realise it is better to stay in heaven?

I do not know if this book is true:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a03.htm

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko03.htm

https://www.thelight.net/kingdom.htm

Is it possible to create a universe (starsystem) this way? How would God had confronted the new children with the power of darkness?

Do you think there is any truth to this:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a11.htm

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko11.htm

How to understand Christianity?

William
Savant

Post #23

Post by William »

[Replying to post 22 ]

William: Those are Reality Simulation Experiences which allow for The Eternal Entity to have as close a proximity to 'the real thing' as it can, because 'the real thing' cannot actually happen for it otherwise.

From that perspective it is clear that an Eternal Entity might want to sleep and dream for a while and learn from that what it will.

Waterfall: But is it not better to live in heaven than here on earth?

William: From our perspective, we appear to at least have some residual imprints which allow for us to create ideas relative to our own, heaven and hell being the extremes in relation to Earth.
This allows us to understand ideas of 'better' and 'worse' and in that, explore possibilities as the Eternal Entity we essentially are.
Thus some build heavens and others hell, because we our self, built this universe.

Think of it it terms of thrill-seeking, if it helps. This universe is "one hell of a ride"...it tends to "bring the bad out in us" which then has to be dealt with accordingly.

Some believe that heaven or hell are not the place they want to be. They want to be on Earth and envision a reality where this will be made possible for them to experience Earth without the 'bad'. They believe that such an environment then creates Heaven on Earth. The Jehovah's Witnesses are big on promoting this idea.

It takes all sorts to create all sorts.

If we had simply stayed in "Heaven" as the Eternal Entity we are, none of this would have happened. This - what we call "physical' universe - would not have been created.
But we didn't - and here we are.

We can be glad about that or we can fret about it, make religions out of it, make fun of it by saying that if this is some creation of such an Entity, then that entity is "inept", to put it politely...it is because we do not understand that we and it are one and the same, simply in different positions/perspectives.

Waterfall: I understand that it is not eternal life people are afraid of but if it takes many incarnations on earth to reach heaven then they migth say...it is not worse it...just erase me from existense?

William: I know eh.

Thing is, we can rant and rave 'till the cows come home, and it doesn't appear to make any difference to our situation.
We are screaming together on the roller-coaster ride through the House of Horrors and the smell is getting worse with every twist and turn...part of us even likes the thrill of it, but often that part is buried deep within our psyche as we are afraid to look it in the eye.

I suspect that part of us loves us more than we even love ourselves, and wishes only for us to stop screaming and take a good look around...in a genuinely fearless manner.
Easier said than done, I think you might agree.

Having just written that, I went looking and found this;

[yt]Ij3r15eyWtc[/yt]

Waterfall: Did we talk with each other about running the Simulation? How many times are we to run the Simulation before we realise it is better to stay in heaven?

William: Point being of course, is that we are in a simulation.
We have not 'left heaven' any more than we have really 'left our self'.

More to the point, the heavens and hells we have created are achieved within the simulation so are no more real than the simulation.

We forgot who we are, because we designed the simulation to help us achieve that.

Did this bring the light side out of us, or the dark side? Were we escaping some kind of hellish place rather than a heavenly one? Perhaps. At least perhaps the necessity for a simulation would be more understandable if that were the case?

We will never really need to know the answers to such questions.

We are in The Dream. Creating a God in Heaven gave us hope that the nightmare would one day end.

Waterfall:I do not know if this book is true:
LinkBook

William: It is another of the many Camp-Fire Stories we human tell one another in order to explain our situation.
They are largely all alike, from culture to culture. We can easily enough identify the similarities and I suppose these come from the Remnant Imprint - a new self trying to remember and older version...a butterfly dreaming it was a walking worm and waking, relieved to find that it still had wings and could fly.

We Are The Creator in that story...we cannot create consciousness. We can create avatars in which we place our own consciousness into for the ride.

As our religions show us...we find it hard to believe we are not The Creation and dare not pretend we are The Creator.

But it is true...we are The Creator. Religion has tried to keep that hidden from us while looking for all the world like some beautiful shining example of a Creators preference.

Light and Dark are two aspects of the very One Being, and in avatars and simulations, we get to experience as we choose.

So perhaps leaving Heaven was a bad idea? Point being, we are here and now sharing this Ride together, even as it sorts us into 'this' and 'that' through the journey.

Waterfall: Is it possible to create a universe (starsystem) this way? How would God had confronted the new children with the power of darkness?

Do you think there is any truth to this:

LINK

William: It is another Fireside Story yes? Stories can point to hidden truths which can be explored, while the story itself is fiction.

How does believing such a story being true, change ones position on the ride? Perhaps by seeing what the story is pointing to - a greater story in which our own story is nestled within...some type of 'sorting' is achieved.

What is it about the Man-Made Temple which reminded Jesus of His Fathers House?
Jesus appears to have been too busy living his story to be writing the book...but the idea that he was learned through human institutions tends to go against his declarations that everything he taught was that which The Father had imparted to him before he jumped on The Ride.

In that he is unique as he possessed a former memory of a time before he came on The Ride...

Waterfall: How to understand Christianity?

William: A collection of individuals sharing the same fireside and hearing the same story but filtering the story through their individual interpretations and finding therein they do not all agree with the story they all heard.
So they sorted themselves out into groups, each group focused on a particular aspect of The Story that they felt most drawn to...

FWI
Sage

Post #24

Post by FWI »

Waterfall wrote:Would it not be better to give everybody eternal life? And then teach them what it demands?

No, it would not…Because, this has already happened to the created angels and a third of them are existing in rebellion to God's ways. They are incarcerated in the pits of darkness awaiting their judgment! Which, will be confinement for eternity. They will be unable to travel the expanses of God's creation, to use the powers that they were given and forever be in a state of discontentment and unhappiness…

Where, human beings were created "physical and mortal" for a reason! Which, is to be given a choice: life or death…Hence, for those who would choose not to believe in God and in the name of the Son of God, they will be shown mercy and put out of their misery. Which, would be opposite to the fate of the fallen angels…Thus, fallen humans will just cease to exist and never to be resurrected, again. Instead of, existing in discontentment and unhappiness for eternity.
Waterfall wrote:If people do not want eternal life then they can just ask God to erase them from existence?

It just doesn't work this way and never will! But, humans who rebel against God and His Son can be assured that they will be erased from existence and released from the nightmare the fallen angels will face…

Seth
Student

Post #25

Post by Seth »

[Replying to post 21 by 1213]

That's what I said

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #26

Post by Zzyzx »

FWI wrote:
Waterfall wrote:Would it not be better to give everybody eternal life? And then teach them what it demands?

No, it would not…Because, this has already happened to the created angels and a third of them are existing in rebellion to God's ways. They are incarcerated in the pits of darkness awaiting their judgment!
That is an entertaining story. Is it true?

How can we verify its truth and accuracy?
FWI wrote: Where, human beings were created "physical and mortal" for a reason! Which, is to be given a choice: life or death…Hence, for those who would choose not to believe in God and in the name of the Son of God, they will be shown mercy and put out of their misery.
Another entertaining story.
FWI wrote:
Waterfall wrote:If people do not want eternal life then they can just ask God to erase them from existence?

It just doesn't work this way and never will!
You know this how?
FWI wrote: But, humans who rebel against God and His Son can be assured that they will be erased from existence and released from the nightmare the fallen angels will face…
Is this specified in some ancient literature (if so where exactly), or is it just something made up more recently (by whom)?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Waterfall
Scholar

Post #27

Post by Waterfall »

[Replying to post 23 by William]

Maybe the book is just another story:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/

I would like it to be true but I have a problem with the decription of the universe and how God would have confronted the new children with darkness:

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-a03.htm

http://uk.vandrermodlyset.dk/m-ko03.htm

https://www.thelight.net/kingdom.htm

If these questions could be answered in a positive way then "the book" would be more interesting for others to read?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toward_the_Light

It has inspired people to make this website:

http://www.foundationfortowardthelight.org/

Maybe I should write to them and hear what they has to say about these problems/questions...

http://www.foundationfortowardthelight.org/contact/

Is it possible to create a universe (star system) the way Toward the Light says (is Big Bang not a better theory)? And how would God have confronted the new children with darkness?

I have made this website:

http://thebeginning.one/

...and is thinking about making another website.

Just to inspire and help others on the way to inlightenment ;)

What are we doing here on earth? Is there a better place to be? Should we leave the planet?

It could be interesting to hear what people has to say?

https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en

How to build a great website?

Are there some fundamentel questions to be ask?

Charles
Apprentice

Post #28

Post by Charles »

Waterfall wrote: Would it not be better to give everybody eternal life? And then teach them what it demands? Love?
Why do you think HE didn't?

imCo
Those who eternally rejected those demands will be removed to a place where the demands hold no sway. These who accepted them but wandered from them are being redeemed until all are in perfect accord with every nuance of their creation.

To me this is ordinary Christianity...

Charles
Apprentice

Post #29

Post by Charles »

Waterfall wrote:
1213 wrote: Others would make it eternal suffering for all.
If God is capable of teaching people what it takes to live forever, and if people want to live forever, then they will surely turn around and love their brothers and sisters?
This question presupposes that sin has no power over our minds and characters and that sinners choose from a desire to be morally good. There are many reasons a person might refuse to follow YHWH's commandment to love one another:
- they do not accept HIS authority to tell them what to do.
- They disbelieve that HIS version of the necessary things for eternal life are indeed necessary but are lies from a self created, false, GOD.
- They think that their love outside of HIS moral commands (ie, as sinners from HIS narrow pov) is just as pure and strong as the love that HE deems necessary to eternal life, ie, a holy love perfectly in accord with HIMself.

Charles
Apprentice

Post #30

Post by Charles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 9 by 1213]

Is eternal life not something God offers to the righteous?
Is not eternal life rather given to the faithful who by their faith in Him receive His righteousness? Were we not elected to heaven in conformity with His mage before the foundation of the world and our sinful worldly lives?