Tulsi Gabbard

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Tulsi Gabbard

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

With Elizabeth Warren dropping out of the Presidential race, that leaves Bernie, Biden and Tulsi Gabbard in the race for the Democrat nomination.

As a survivor, is Tulsi Gabbard now the clear heir to the nomination for those who do not think either Biden or Bernie should be nominated?

She seems a sane and sensible Democrat. Not a flame thrower. And not one to bow to party pressure.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

historia
Prodigy

Re: Tulsi Gabbard

Post #2

Post by historia »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

Gabbard has no realistic chance of securing the nomination.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #3

Post by Elijah John »

historia wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

Gabbard has no realistic chance of securing the nomination.
It's interesting how the Democrats who are so quick to lecture us on the importance of electing a "strong powerful woman" are not rallying around Tulsi. Could it be Tulsi is not PC enough? Or "woke" enough from their perspective?

And it's a shame that the other sensible Democrat Andrew Yang,, (who refused to attribute Trump's victory to "racism" or "Russia"), had to drop out.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

historia
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by historia »

Elijah John wrote:
It's interesting how the Democrats who are so quick to lecture us on the importance of electing a "strong powerful woman" are not rallying around Tulsi. Could it be Tulsi is not PC enough? Or "woke" enough from their perspective?
A couple of thoughts:

First, I think it's important to remember that the Democratic Party, like the Republican Party, is a broad coalition that includes several divergent factions. Making broad, unqualified statements about Democrats, as you have here, is dubious. Don't confuse rank-and-file Democrats (and Democratic-leaning independents) with leftist activists.

Second, Gabbard is light on experience, has little connection to important constituencies within the Democratic party, and has no signature policy proscriptions. That, far more than what the woke scolds on Twitter think of her, explains her lack of support.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Difflugia »

Elijah John wrote:It's interesting how the Democrats who are so quick to lecture us on the importance of electing a "strong powerful woman" are not rallying around Tulsi.
If by "us" you mean Republicans, nobody's lecturing you about electing a strong woman. There are too many more important things that are wrong with your ballot choices of late.

Even for Democrats that would like a strong woman as president, that's only a single qualification; her lack of support is no more interesting than the failure of Republicans to rally around Bernie Sanders, an old, white man.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Danmark »

She is hardly a 'survivor.' She is a dead woman walking. She is not an alternative because she polls at what? 1%? The rank and file of Dems and Independents see her for what she is, a Republican in a blue blouse, and not a particularly talented one. She remains only because she has not announced that she understands the reality of her position.