Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1291

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1287 by tam]

Kings and priests act in prescribed ways. In this world system they have always known exactly what their jobs were and what they should do to carry them out. Jesus' co-rulers know exactly what they will be doing during the Millennial Reign. Do you know?

tam
Savant

Post #1292

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 1288 by onewithhim]

You seem to be attempting to hold me to some kind of standard that your religion imposes, but I am under no such standard. Even so, I have answered your question (perhaps see also Matt 25: 21 and 23, since what specific things a person is put in charge of may not be known until the time the Master returns and assigns each person. Other than knowing in general that one will be reigning with Christ as king-priests in His Kingdom, including mediating/judging* between sheep and sheep, doing so in truth and in love and with peace).

*judging as in ruling/mediating, not judging as in condemning

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1293

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: [Replying to post 1288 by onewithhim]

You seem to be attempting to hold me to some kind of standard that your religion imposes, but I am under no such standard. Even so, I have answered your question (perhaps see also Matt 25: 21 and 23, since what specific things a person is put in charge of may not be known until the time the Master returns and assigns each person. Other than knowing in general that one will be reigning with Christ as king-priests in His Kingdom, including mediating/judging* between sheep and sheep, doing so in truth and in love and with peace).

*judging as in ruling/mediating, not judging as in condemning

Peace again to you,
tammy
Who and where are the sheep that you will be judging?

tam
Savant

Post #1294

Post by tam »

Peace again to you this morning, owh!

[Replying to post 1290 by onewithhim]

In the Kingdom on the earth.

tam
Savant

Post #1295

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 1291 by tam]

Missed part of your question, sorry:

Where: in the Kingdom on the earth

Whom: the subjects of the Kingdom (people of the nations who are invited into the Kingdom on the basis of how they treated Christ, since whatever one does to/for even a least one of His brothers, one does to/for Him). Non-Christians.

Peace again to you.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1296

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: [Replying to post 1291 by tam]

Whom: the subjects of the Kingdom (people of the nations who are invited into the Kingdom on the basis of how they treated Christ, since whatever one does to/for even a least one of His brothers, one does to/for Him). Non-Christians.

Peace again to you.
Help me to understand. What you say is inconsistent with Scripture. The Psalms tell us of the righteous inheriting the earth and living on it forever. Yet you say "non-Christians" will. How do you explain Psalm 37:9-11 and 29?

tam
Savant

Post #1297

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

onewithhim wrote:
tam wrote: [Replying to post 1291 by tam]

Peace again to you.
Help me to understand. What you say is inconsistent with Scripture. The Psalms tell us of the righteous inheriting the earth and living on it forever. Yet you say "non-Christians" will. How do you explain Psalm 37:9-11 and 29?

They are declared righteous on the basis of what they do (for Christ, unknowingly, on the basis of what they do for even a least one of his brothers: see sheep and goats parable). As well:

13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

See also:

viewtopic.php?p=731804#731804

You believe non-Christians will in the Kingdom (and on the earth) as well, do you not?

Peace again to you.

tam
Savant

Post #1298

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to post 1294 by tam]

Psalm 37:9-11

For the evildoers will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land. 10A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. 11But the meek will inherit the land and delight in abundant prosperity

Are you saying all non-Christians are evil-doers? That would be in conflict with Paul saying that some do BY NATURE the requirements of the law.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1299

Post by JehovahsWitness »

tam wrote: You believe non-Christians will in the Kingdom (and on the earth) as well, do you not?

WILL THERE BE ANY NON-CHRISTIANS IN PARADISE?

There may well be people who currently identify themsleves as "non-christians" who will be in paradise. But when they are there, they will no longer identify themselves that way.
JOHN 3:5

Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
We believe only those born of water (baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit) and spirit ( adopted as spirit born sons of God) will enter the kingdom (be appointed as ruling KING in the heavenly government). Baptism is only valid when one is a true disciple of Christ so only born again christians will be resurrected to heaven to rule in Gods kingdom.

REVELATION

And look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out... they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.�.
Anyone that isnt a Christian one minute before Armageddon will certainly be one one mintute after, when Christ returns (if they're still alive). So there will be no "none Christians" in the paradise, although there may be plenty of new Christians in paradise. Everyone on the paradise earth will worship the True and living God Jehovah and submit to Christ our king!

JW

RELATED POSTS

Do Jehovahs witnesses believe JEWS or MUSLIMS who die believing in their religions have no hope of a resurrection?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 30#1003130
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #1300

Post by tam »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote: You believe non-Christians will in the Kingdom (and on the earth) as well, do you not?

JOHN 3:5

Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
We believe only those born of water (baptised in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit) and spirit ( adopted as spirit born sons of God) will enter the kingdom (be appointed as ruling KING in the heavenly government). Baptism is only valid when one is a true disciple of Christ so only born again christians will be resurrected to heaven to rule in Gods kingdom.
This does not really pertain to the remarks you quoted, following from what owh and I were discussing. Do note, however, that the sheep (from the sheep and the goats parable) inherit the Kingdom. So the "Kingdom" cannot refer ONLY to those who reign with Christ.

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Anyone that isnt a Christian one minute before Armageddon will certainly be one one mintute after, when Christ returns (if they're still alive). So there will be no "none Christians" in the paradise, although there may be plenty of new chritians in paradise.

(without commenting on the Armageddon part - that is another discussion...)

You seem to be defining "Christian" as 'disciple of Christ'. That is true but not quite complete. A Christian is indeed a disciple of Christ but ALSO one who has been chosen and anointed with holy spirit. Some are disciples of Christ (as the apostles were) and some are disciples who are anointed with holy spirit (and so chosen, making them Christians, anointed ones)... as the apostles were AFTER Christ breathed holy spirit upon them.

That being said, all those in the Kingdom (not just those who reign but also those who are subjects) will have access to the Tree of Life (Christ) and the water of life (holy spirit). And the leaves of the Tree (of Life) are for the healing of the nations.

But I think we both agree that there are those who are not Christian who will be invited into the Kingdom to also receive eternal life (perhaps I am mistaken and we do not agree even upon that). These ones will have revealed that they have the law (of love) written upon their hearts; and these ones will have done good to Christ - BY NATURE - by doing good to even a least one of His brothers. See also Romans 2; actually see the link from my post above).

Those are the subjects of the Kingdom (in answer to owh's question of me earlier).

Peace again to you,
tammy