Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1411

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1407 by tam]

Apology accepted. Nobody is asking you to lie, just to explain the dogma you adhere to. You say that an unanointed Cnristian is an "oxymoron" but fail to prove this is so without resorting to redefining the word Christian and imposing your own interpretation on scripture.
tam wrote:
... the words I placed in brackets were not my interpretation (as explained - do with that as you will).

Thank you I will. If they are not the words of My Lord they are interpretations. I am explaining this to you now. (do with that as you will)

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #1412

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1408 by JehovahsWitness]

Nobody is asking you to lie, just to explain the dogma you adhere to.

I have explained my faith and understanding repeatedly in this thread. I feel no need to continue to say the same things over and over and over again. It is all in my posts.

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1413

[Replying to post 1409 by tam]

But can you explain without your human interpreations and the dogma your posts teach? For example your doctine holds that there are two groups identifed in Mattew 25 ("rulers" and "subjects")...
tam wrote:
Yes, to be part of the Kingdom. Not as rulers, but as subjects.
Yet your posts teach that none of the people that help Christs brothers can be Christians (because you've redefined the word "Christian" to mean anointed chosen future ruler instead of just a follower of Christ). Puttin g aside such circular reasoning, the truth is there is nothing in the bible that says the sheep of Matthew 25 cannot be CHRISTIANS themselves, and many indications that they are.

tam wrote:
But I think we both agree that there are those who are not Christian who will be invited into the Kingdom to also receive eternal life...these ones will have done good to Christ - BY NATURE - by doing good to even a least one of His brothers. See also Romans 2; actually see the link from my post above).
Jesus didn't say the words "by nature" and he didnt say the sheeps were not aware they were helping his brothers (I am not interested in your misapplication of scripture). When we remove your faulty definition of the word "Christian" (and misapplication of scripture) the true meaning becomes evident: these helpers if Christs brothers are approved Christians ("the other sheep") that make a conscious informed decision to help the anointed brothers of Christ in any wah possible.

As admirable as humanitarian work is, nowhere in scripture is it presented as the basis for being judged as worthy of everlasting life.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #1414

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1409 by tam]

But can you explain without your human interpreations and the dogma your posts teach? For example your doctine holds that there are two groups identifed in Mattew 25 ("rulers" and "subjects")...
Matt 25 (sheep and goats) is identifying those who are cast out (the goats) and those who are invited in (the sheep). Both the sheep and the goats are people of the nations (not Christian).

I shared as I received from my Lord about the sheep and the goats here:

viewtopic.php?p=731804#731804

tam wrote:
Yes, to be part of the Kingdom. Not as rulers, but as subjects.
Yet your posts teach that none of the people that help Christs brothers can be Christians (because you've redefined the word "Christian" to mean anointed chosen future ruler instead of just a follower of Christ). Puttin g aside such circular reasoning, the truth is there is nothing in the bible that says the sheep of Matthew 25 cannot be CHRISTIANS themselves, and many indications that they are.

In addition to everything already shared, the story itself indicates that the sheep are not Christian. Because the sheep have to ask Christ 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you..." More than that though, the leaders of your religion tell you that doing (things) for them is doing (things) for Christ! (Such as giving them your obedience, your money, your time - to preach. Christ said nothing of these things). If the leaders of your religion were right in their interpretation, how would jws be able to ask that question "Lord when did we..."? You would already know if you had done (things) for Christ, having done (things) for His brothers, would you not?

And Paul gives a second witness when he writes of the people of the nations who do - BY NATURE - the things required by the law. That these ones will be declared righteous. As shared also in the link above.

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1415

tam wrote:

Matt 25 (sheep and goats) is identifying those who are cast out (the goats) and those who are invited in (the sheep). Both the sheep and the goats are people of the nations (not Christian).
So you say. But so Jesus did not say. Nowhere in scripture is Jesus recorded as saying that none of the Sheep can be Christians. That then is the manmade dogma your posts propose and you conform to, I am under no such constraint. Please keep to the topic I am not interested in anti-Witness bias, nor someone who is not one telling me what is involved in being a Witness of the true and Living God Jehovah.
I have already corrected you on the question of who knows better what the teachings of Jehovahs Witnesses are HERE; if you wish to go another round, feel free to return, I've got nothing but time.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 89#1004189
Speaking of which, what I do with my time and my money is none of your business, I do not come to this site to hear personal remarks as to how I live my life. I hope I have made myself perfectly clear.

HERE We are discussing your dogma that the sheep Jesus approves of cannot be identified as Christian.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #1416

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1412 by JehovahsWitness]

Speaking of which, what I do with my time and my money is none of your business, I do not come to this site to hear personal remarks as to how I live my life. I hope I have made myself perfectly clear.

JW, I never said what you do with your time and money was my business, and I made no remark on your personal life. Anyone can read my post and see that for themselves. I simply relayed what the WTS teaches (to be able to compare their interpretation of the sheep and the goats parable with what is actually written in the that parable).

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1417

[Replying to post 1413 by tam]

You felt at liberty to tell me what I do with my money and my time, unless the word "your" has a different meaning, I consider that a personsl mark. Enough now, let us stick to the topic at hand.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #1418

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1413 by tam]

You felt at liberty to tell me what I do with my money and my time, unless the word "your" has a different meaning, I consider that a personsl mark. Enough now, let us stick to the topic at hand.

JW
Again, my statement was with regard to what your religious leaders tell you (members of the WTS). I made no comment as to what you actually do. And as stated, this was to compare their interpretation of the sheep and the goats parable with what is actually written in the that parable.

How can a person examine an interpretation and teaching without stating what that interpretation and teaching entails?

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1419

tam wrote:
How can a person examine an interpretation and teaching without stating what that interpretation and teaching entails?.
I'm not interested in examining interprtation and teachings, I'm jnterested in discussing what the bible says, which is why stick to the text. Are you proposing a "interpretation"?

tam
Savant

Post #1420

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:
How can a person examine an interpretation and teaching without stating what that interpretation and teaching entails?.
I'm not interested in examining interprtation and teachings, I'm jnterested in discussing what the bible says, which is why stick to the text.

And this is why I held the interpretation that your religion gives to the text, against the text itself.

Peace again to you.